Monster hunter

Talk about anything game related!

Monster hunter

by Simmonds91 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:37 am

So im going to be buying a 3ds in a few weeks and ill be getting Monster Hunter 4 ultimate for it. The Monster Hunter games always looked so cool to me, unnfortunately ive only ever played the first game... Im getting really excited to get back into the franchise after all these years.

Does anyone else here play/know of Monster hunter here? And maybe give me a few tips regarding MH4U? ;)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Monster hunter

by RZRider » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 pm

I've played it and I never really got into it.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:56 am

The person whom I sit next to in my drama class loves that game. I'll ask him for pro tips and let you know what he tells me. :)
BBB

by shadownight » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:47 am

I love monster hunter 4 its easily the best one I love it so much that I made a fan art
[+] SPOILER

There are a lot of things added to the game like vertical climbing,mounting,etc.

User

by Simmonds91 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Thats cool. I hear theres over 120 monters to hunt so thats gonna be fun.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by shadownight » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Thats cool. I hear theres over 120 monters to hunt so thats gonna be fun.

and different types of weapons

User

by Simmonds91 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Hmm.. Well I only ever used the greatsword back on the first game, i'll try each one in mh4u but ill most likely go back to what im used to... Or what i used to used to... Uh...
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:06 am

My friend told me to use whatever weapon you're comfortable with at first, and experiment with others on enemies of decent difficulty, so that it doesn't feel like the weapon is useless against the toughest foes but also not too good since you're fighting easier opponents. :)

Though, that's some pretty obvious advice anyways. I assume that you can just play to your preference (the beauty of great RPGs) to get the most out of the game. ;)
BBB

by Simmonds91 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:13 pm

So i finally got it a few days ago :) well 3u at least and i was right, im a greatsword user at my heart hahaha but i might switch to the hunting horn and give that a try. Getting really excited for the new one now, generations..

Edit: 2 months in the future and theres only a month left until Generations is out :D I've learned a lot about the game and im just so pumped right now heheh.. Though there isn't anything to preorder right now for some reason which is odd considering its new but oh well, it's not actually an issue as long as the shops keep stocked up.

Anybody else excited?
User