What do you guys think about in game purchases?

Talk about anything game related!

What do you guys think about in game purchases?

by Sinque Productions » Fri May 06, 2016 11:12 pm

I like them in some games (Kingdom Rush, TF2) but in other games, I hate them (Clash of Clans and all other Supercell games)
In KR and TF2, you get to keep what you bought forever and what you got will almost certainly change the game drastically.
In Coc, you buy gems and waste them and get nothing out of them.

In KR and TF2, the prices are relatively cheap (well, KR it's a bit highish) but in Coc, it's as expensive as golden dirt.

Also, whenever I buy an in game purchase in KR or TF2, I feel happy about my purchase. Quite the opposite for Coc.

[+] SPOILER
Clash of Clans has some strange initials. Proud to say I don't play that junky game anymore.

What about you guys?
Comment Below
:veznan:
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

Re: What do you guys think about in game purchases?

by AerisDraco » Sat May 07, 2016 12:25 am

Just saying, last I checked, hats are expensive.

In my personal experience, I'm okay with shelling out money occasionally for IAP's, but I'm much more willing to pay for a game upfront.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sat May 07, 2016 1:22 am

I like them in certain circumstances (like heroes in KR), but as a general rule I don't buy them unless they're really worth it.
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 am

AerisDraco wrote:Just saying, last I checked, hats are expensive.

In my personal experience, I'm okay with shelling out money occasionally for IAP's, but I'm much more willing to pay for a game upfront.

Well, there are a lot of cheap hats. Besides, you can use trading or the market. Using the market, I've made about $20 in six moths or a cheap unusual. It may not seem like much, but in TF2/CS:GO terms, it is quite a bit.

But I do agree with both of you. I spent $70 in Coc, and I regret every cent of it, except for the money I got from app store cards (for Christmas/my birthday), which I have a hard time using up.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Juice Box » Sat May 07, 2016 8:43 am

Like Aeris, I'd really rather just buy something at once and upfront. No premium content, no DLC bullshit, just give it all to me and at once, high price be damned.
User

by Anorak » Thu May 12, 2016 12:42 pm

I I never buy IAP unless it's something you get to keep forever. Like heros in KR. I never buy gems. Those are a waste of money.
User