Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

Talk about anything game related!

Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by AerisDraco » Wed May 11, 2016 10:01 pm

So, any of you following the new Pokemon?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by The Kingmaker » Thu May 12, 2016 6:18 am

The legendaries look like Mega-Uber Pyroar and Yveltal 2.0
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)


Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by AerisDraco » Thu May 12, 2016 10:33 am

Just the cat...
It's lit!
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by Magnus0 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Rowlet is pretty cute, I like him best. It´s probably to my heavy bias to the grass type starters, and grass type in general, but eeeh, the other starters just don´t really appeal to me. Litten, aside from having a cool name, is really generic, and Popplio is just ugly af. On the other hand though, Oshawott wasn´t very cool either and then he became Sammurot, so there´s still hope for the Seel wannabe.

Overall, I´m not really feeling the legendaries either. The moon one is like ´Cresselia bat form´, while the sun on is kinda cool, maybe. We haven´t seen much of the legendaries, so I might like them more when there´s some more information on them.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu May 12, 2016 5:00 pm

OMG Rowlett!!!!!!!111112

He's so damn cute!

But I'm sceptical, because I thought Chespin was so damn cute too, and it evolved into this weird bowling ball squirrel thing that was not at all cool. So, assuming it has an awesome final evo, it could be there alongside Torterra as my fave grass starter, but if not, slumming it down the bottom with Meganium, Sceptile, the snake thing (which doesn't warrant me looking up its name) and the squirrel thing.

But I do also like the little seal and the cat. The Moon Bat is wtf scary.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by AerisDraco » Thu May 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Sceptile is the only time I've preferred another starter over the water one.

Personally, my orders: (the whole line factored)
1st: Squirtle, Charmnder, Bulbasaur
2nd: Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita
3rd: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
4th: Piplup, Turtwig, Chimchar
5th: Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig
6th: Froakie, Fennekin, Chespin

As for the current 7th gen starters, Rowlet is the best designed so far, but Litten ties for popularity in my book because I like its name and I like cats. Popplio's too circus-themed.

As for final types, what are your expectations?
Rowlet- Grass/Flying, maybe Grass/Dark
Litten- Fire/Electric or Fire/Dark
Popplio- pure Water or Water/Psychic
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by The Kingmaker » Thu May 12, 2016 5:43 pm

I wholly expect water/psychic or water/fighting
Fire/dark is good but would need to be different from Houndoom
I think they'll be something beyond Grass/Flying, because as cute as rowlet is, that's not the best typing.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by SealDarklight » Thu May 12, 2016 6:59 pm

I think Popplio should be a Water/Fairy type because well Fairy type has meaning and Look at Little Joker oh i mean Mime Jr. Makes sense isnt it :?:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: In the Deep Dark Woods

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu May 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Maybe Grass/Psychic for Rowlett's final stage. Owls are meant to be wise, so Psychic would fit.
Litten has to be Fire/Dark, but it would be massive advantage over Rowlett in that case, which really wouldn't be very fair, starters are meant to be a triangle.
Popplio either Water/Fairy or maybe Water/Fighting?
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by AerisDraco » Thu May 12, 2016 9:51 pm

If it was Grass/Psychic, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fighting, it would be a double triangle!
Though wait, that only slightly switches the order from X/Y :/

I would prefer something different.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu May 12, 2016 10:26 pm

AerisDraco wrote:If it was Grass/Psychic, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fighting, it would be a double triangle!


It wouldn't, because Dark is immune to Psychic instead of only being not-very effective, which disrupts the three way typing. You could have:
Poison > Grass > Ground
Fighting > Rock > Flying

I cant see any other types that would work, but I may be wrong.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by AerisDraco » Thu May 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Huh. Whoops.

Though, by double triangle, I did mean that a Gra/Psy Rowlet would be double effective against a Wat/Fig Popplio.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by SealDarklight » Fri May 13, 2016 5:33 am

Why do many people think Popplio is gonna be a fighting or psychic type? It doesn't make any sense at all. Rowlet can be a obvious grass/flying type or psychic type or even dark type and Litten makes sense to be a dark fire type but Popplio is my doubt 100% gonna be a fairy type. He might look tough but he looks more like a circus acrobatic and for psychic it doesn't look like it can create psychic walls like Mr.mime does but it looks more like a fairy type because he doesn't look that smart or strong to be both of them. 6 Gen had starters that resembles the middle age fantasy character and these ones don't look like there being a fighting, psychic and dark type.Popplio is a fairy type because look at it! Does this resemble anything like fighting or psychic type?
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: In the Deep Dark Woods

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by The Kingmaker » Fri May 13, 2016 6:27 am

Can I throw in my vote for a fire/poison Litten? The pokedex info says its fur is rich in flammable oils and the like. A fairykiling tiger would be pretty awesome
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by Magnus0 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:55 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Can I throw in my vote for a fire/poison Litten? The pokedex info says its fur is rich in flammable oils and the like. A fairykiling tiger would be pretty awesome

The marking on it's head is also a marking for a certain chemical, so a poison type really wouldn't surprise me.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by Ninja » Fri May 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Magnus0 wrote:
The Kingmaker wrote:Can I throw in my vote for a fire/poison Litten? The pokedex info says its fur is rich in flammable oils and the like. A fairykiling tiger would be pretty awesome

The marking on it's head is also a marking for a certain chemical, so a poison type really wouldn't surprise me.


Those are some acute observational skills you've got there. ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by Magnus0 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:50 am

Ninja wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:
The Kingmaker wrote:Can I throw in my vote for a fire/poison Litten? The pokedex info says its fur is rich in flammable oils and the like. A fairykiling tiger would be pretty awesome

The marking on it's head is also a marking for a certain chemical, so a poison type really wouldn't surprise me.


Those are some acute observational skills you've got there. ;)

Actually Gameexplain made a vide... I mean... Why, thank you.

:sheep:
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 am

SealDarklight wrote:Why do many people think Popplio is gonna be a fighting or psychic type? It doesn't make any sense at all.


The only way it couldn't make sense; considering we are just guessing and have not said IT WILL BE THIS TYPE OMG I KNOW FOR CERTAIN; is if you know for certain what it's final form is. So, oh wise knower of all things, tell us what its final form and types are.

Unless you DON'T know, in which case, you can say "I don't think it's this type because REASON" and debate it correctly.

Rowlet can be a obvious grass/flying type or psychic type or even dark type and Litten makes sense to be a dark fire type but Popplio is my doubt 100% gonna be a fairy type.


I don't think you've used the correct word there. 'Doubt' implies that you don't think it's correct.

He might look tough but he looks more like a circus acrobatic


You'd need huge muscles to be a circus acrobatic. It's not exactly easy to throw another full grown man into the air.

and for psychic it doesn't look like it can create psychic walls like Mr.mime does


Because that's ALL being psychic means.

Image

but it looks more like a fairy type because he doesn't look that smart or strong to be both of them.


Fairy types don't look strong you say?

Image

Popplio is a fairy type because look at it! Does this resemble anything like fighting or psychic type?


Image Image
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Pohkeyman Saan & Mun

by SealDarklight » Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
SealDarklight wrote:Why do many people think Popplio is gonna be a fighting or psychic type? It doesn't make any sense at all.


The only way it couldn't make sense; considering we are just guessing and have not said IT WILL BE THIS TYPE OMG I KNOW FOR CERTAIN; is if you know for certain what it's final form is. So, oh wise knower of all things, tell us what its final form and types are.

Unless you DON'T know, in which case, you can say "I don't think it's this type because REASON" and debate it correctly.

Rowlet can be a obvious grass/flying type or psychic type or even dark type and Litten makes sense to be a dark fire type but Popplio is my doubt 100% gonna be a fairy type.


I don't think you've used the correct word there. 'Doubt' implies that you don't think it's correct.

He might look tough but he looks more like a circus acrobatic


You'd need huge muscles to be a circus acrobatic. It's not exactly easy to throw another full grown man into the air.

and for psychic it doesn't look like it can create psychic walls like Mr.mime does


Because that's ALL being psychic means.

Image

but it looks more like a fairy type because he doesn't look that smart or strong to be both of them.


Fairy types don't look strong you say?

Image

Popplio is a fairy type because look at it! Does this resemble anything like fighting or psychic type?


Image Image


Ok makes sense but i realy think it is a Fairy/water type probably for it looks. Now ok i dont know what its final evolutions gonna be but fighting or psychic it doesnt look that to me. Do you know what Fairy type represent? Its not just fairies but feminime, cute and word fairy tale and not fairy itself. Also Fairies are magical creatures that you wished for them to be in real life, Dark represent evil, Dragon represent Monsters or Large strong creatures and Fairy represent good. Ok there are people who are scared of Clowns but clowns are normaly people who gives you laughs and smiles (except for Ronald MC Donald who looks creepy as hell). Mime Jr looks like a fairy type because look at this cute Joker Clown doesnt it look like a fairy type. Also pink and its Nose Pink. Ok Popplio might not be a fairy type but it does look like its gonna evolve into a fairy type to me.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: In the Deep Dark Woods

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests