Pokémon Challenge ideas

Talk about anything game related!

Pokémon Challenge ideas

by NastyBird339 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:51 am

So for those who have played Pokémon for a while you probably know about the Nuzelocke Challenge. This is a thread for developing ideas similar to this. I'd also like to know who in the ironhide community has done the Nuzelocke Challenge.

So here is my first idea.
Gym Lock Challenge
Rules

1.You can only use a Pokémon once to beat a gym(So if you beat the first gym with say a pidgey, you can tus el pidgey on the second gym)Evolved forms of Pokémon count as different Pokémon.(Rule also applies to Pokémon League)

2.Must use a least three Pokémon that are weak to the gym

3.Can only use one super effective Pokémon to the gym

(Hardcore)4.Dragon types are banned(Because Neutral Damage to pretty much everything is op)

5.All Pokémon must be nicknamed

Hardcore Rule 6. Have to beat Pokémon league 5 times not counting the story if required

Same Type Challenge

Rules
1.You use Pokémon that are have at least one type in common with the final evolution of your starter.

2.Can only use STAB moves, or normal type attacks

Hardcore Rule 3. Items that boost the damage of your type are banned.
Last edited by NastyBird339 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Re: Pokémon Challenge ideas

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Yuo see Ivan, dragon moves cannot be banned, else normal moves are also OP.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by NastyBird339 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:59 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Yuo see Ivan, dragon moves cannot be banned, else normal moves are also OP.

I'll add to the Hardcore rules, it just so know(I'm assuming you know this, I'm just refreshing your memory per say) Dragon deal neautral damage to everything except steel, and fairy.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Do an all Bug team on Red, then come talk about hardcore. Once you've beaten a Fire gym leader using a Parasect with Dig, then beating a gym with three NVE Pokemon is a laugh (especially considering how versatile some move sets can be).
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Hardcore pokemon challenges, for when you want to get really mad for no apparent reason.

I think a nuzlocke is pretty intense and fun, but trying to make pokemon even more 'super hardcore' is kind of pointless imo. I mean, if you'd like to do a gym locke challenge, why not, but I know that I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of it.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Magnus0 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:17 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Do an all Bug team on Red, then come talk about hardcore. Once you've beaten a Fire gym leader using a Parasect with Dig, then beating a gym with three NVE Pokemon is a laugh (especially considering how versatile some move sets can be).

Can you even get a full bug team in that game? from the top of my head:

Butterfree/Beedrill (you can only get one depending on which game you play, I believe)
parasect
pinsir
scyther
venomoth
???
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Magnus0 wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:Do an all Bug team on Red, then come talk about hardcore. Once you've beaten a Fire gym leader using a Parasect with Dig, then beating a gym with three NVE Pokemon is a laugh (especially considering how versatile some move sets can be).

Can you even get a full bug team in that game? from the top of my head:

Butterfree/Beedrill (you can only get one depending on which game you play, I believe)
parasect
pinsir
scyther
venomoth
???

Caterpie is common in Blue, rare in Red. Vice versa for Weedle.
Pinsir is only in Blue, Scyther in Red.
Parasect
Venomoth

So you can have a team of six with a trade. I didn't have anyone to trade with, so I just had Scyther.

I did a mono team for every type (excluding Dragon and Ghost for obvious reasons). Bug, Rock and Grass were the hardest.
Yes it's me