5 - Otil
6 - Pagras
7 - Hushwood
8 - Lozagon
9 - Breeze Farmstead
10 - Stormcloud Temple
11 - Castle Blackburn
12 - Rotwick
13 - Rotten Forest (Lowest two tiles are the Fungal Forest).
14 - The Dark Tower
15 - Lopah
16 - Hammerhold
17 - Buccaneer's Den
18 - Port Tortuga
19 - Sunken Citadel
20 - Canyon Port
21 - Ruins of Nas'de
22 - Dracomire Heights
23 - Crimson Valley
24 - Bonesburg
25 - Temple of Saqra
26 - Emberspike Mountain
27 - Ma'qwa Urqu
28 - Lost Jungle
29 - Temple of Ethereal Evil
30 - Gray Ravens
31 - Gryphon Point
32 (Left Tile) - Battle Frontier
32 (Right Tile) - Aredhel

-Unlisted Lakes-
Storm Atoll (Directly to the southeast of 18)
Nightfang Swale (In between 11 and 12)
Sape Oasis (North of 21)
Rift of Cinders (Encompassing 14)
Wheezing Bog (?) (Northeast of 13)

-Possible Route Names- (The numbers indicate which two zones the path connects.)
(3 - 6) Farmlands
(8 - 9) Royal Bridge
(6 - 9 - 2 - 1) Twin Rivers Highway
(1 - 5) Northern Road
(4 - 5) Wintry Trail
(Twin Rivers Highway - 7) Rangers' Watch
(5 - West Mountain Entrance) Valoras Bridge
(West Mountain Entrance - 10) Coldstep Mines
(10 - East Mountain Entrance) Icewind Pass
(10 - 15 - 12) Wastes
(Intersection close to 12 - 14) Forsaken Valley
(11 - 12) Ancient Necropolis
(12 - 13) Royal Road
(15 - 16) Sandhawk Hamlet
(16 - 17) Dunes of Despair
(20 - 23) Nazeru's Gates
(N'sG - 22) The Ascent
(23 - 28) Snapvine Bridge
(28 - 27) Reaper's Trail
(27 - 25) Volcano Pass
(24 - 25) Unending Range
(UR - 26) Victory Road
(13 - 24) Underpass
(31 - 30) Waterfalls Trail
(30 - 32) High Bridge
(Left of 32) Howling Moors
(North from Howling Moors) Dragon Throne

-Accessing Additional Locations-
18 - Boat rides from 3, 17, and 20. Using Fly.
19 - Boat rides from 18.
29 - Hiring a Native Tour Guide in Ma'qwa Urqu.
30 - Boat rides from 18 after the E4 have been beaten and Gryphon Point has been flown to at least once.
31 - Flight from Sylvan Expedition in Linirea or Hammerhold (depending on version) after the E4 have been beaten.
Last edited by Minuet on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

Re: Ironhide CAP Project

by AerisDraco » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 am

Dang...
I'm speechless honestly, as that looks really good.
The Unknown town at the Gates of Nazeru was made up, so it looks good, and the Unknown Zone to west of Pagras is what I would call the Fields, or something in that regard.
Also, I did place a little thing north of the gates as sort of a "Dragon's Den", or perhaps representing Darklight Depths, as I thought that would be the best place for a Dragon Gym.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Minuet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 am

AerisDraco wrote:Dang...
I'm speechless honestly, as that looks really good.
The Unknown town at the Gates of Nazeru was made up, so it looks good, and the Unknown Zone to west of Pagras is what I would call the Fields, or something in that regard.
Also, I did place a little thing north of the gates as sort of a "Dragon's Den", or perhaps representing Darklight Depths, as I thought that would be the best place for a Dragon Gym.

Oh why thank you.

And oh that was an actual location? For some reason it registered in my head as a kind of "this goes here" to the canyon where Nazeru's Gate is o.o

I can add it in now, sorry. ^^'
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Minuet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:37 am

Also, I didn't add the route from the farmlands to Hammerhold cause I feel like the player should have to start back at where the other game starts when they go to the other side of the region. As in, the Frontiers game would have to take a boat from Buccaneer's Den to Southport and go from there, and the OG KR would go down into Lopah from Valardul, even though both methods of travel would open eventually.
User

by Magnus0 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:06 am

That map is perfect. wow...
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 am

Minuet wrote:Image

-Possible Route Names- (The numbers indicate which two zones the path connects.)
(8 - 9) ?
(28 - 27) ?
(27 - 25) ?

8-9 The Royal Bridge
28-27 Repear's Trail
27-25 Volcano Pass

Awesome map, better than what I could have done I think.

A thought on cover legendaries.
Pokemon Kingdom - A great knight in armour, huge sword and shield, a Kingly down and flowing cape. Something mighty, royal and proud. A Creator of Kingdoms. Definitely Steel type, could be paired with anything (but Psychic would work well)
Pokemon Frontiers - A vagabond of the desert. Mysterious, wrapped in rags with twin, long thin swords. Something rough and scary, ready to take on anything. A Leader of Nomads. Probably Ground/Dark or Ground/Fighting.

I'll have a think of a history/plot we could go with.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:51 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:8-9 The Royal Bridge
28-27 Repear's Trail
27-25 Volcano Pass

Lol'd a little at Re-pear's Trail. Also, shouldn't Volcano Pass be from 26 to 27?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by AerisDraco » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Any suggestions for the Mammal?
Mine is a Normal/Poison Shrew, or, if we wanted to be real interesting, a Normal/Rock Rhino, though that may be better for a later-game Pokemon.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:56 pm

Capybara, Field Mouse, Gerbil,

Could just be Normal, they usually are.
Yes it's me

by NastyBird339 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:18 pm

I vote a Hare. Could be Normal Fighting.(Note Bunnelby is rabbit not a hare there is a difference)
We could also do an Otter, Horse, Wolverine, Honey Badger, Noraml Badger, or a platypus.
Otter - Normal Water -> Normal Water
Horse - Normal -> Normal
Wolverine - Normal -> Normal Ice
Honey Badger - Normal -> Normal (Because honey badgers are immune to poison, the ability should be toxic immunity)
Badger - Normal -> Normal Ground
Platypus - Normal -> Normal Water
User

by Magnus0 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:18 pm

A normal ice type would be pretty unique. I think it should be something 'less canine' though, because the water starter is also a wolf-like ice type.

I think the otter and the platypus are a bit too similar to bibarel. The honey batcher might be too similar to zangoose, with the same typing and ability.

Also, are we doing mega's too?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:46 pm

I really think just sticking to Normal on its own would be good right now, since the bug is dual type, the birds are dual type, let's just have a boring rodent that everyone will catch then drop when something better comes along, rather than trying to make everything great.

Magnus0 wrote:Also, are we doing mega's too?

Oh god, let's wait until we have more mon first before we worry about that.
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I really think just sticking to Normal on its own would be good right now, since the bug is dual type, the birds are dual type, let's just have a boring rodent that everyone will catch then drop when something better comes along, rather than trying to make everything great.

Magnus0 wrote:Also, are we doing mega's too?

Oh god, let's wait until we have more mon first before we worry about that.

I don't mind if it's just a normal type, but I don't like rehashing the same fairly high speed, lackluster damage, horrible bulk physical attacking rodent number 9. Like, Gumshoos. He has a good design, a decent movepool and even a strong signature ability, but what does it matter if it's going to get OHKO'd by literally everything in the game because of its shitty defenses and horrendous speed? There is almost no reason to ever use Gumshoos, both in-game or competitively, so he might as well not exist as a pokemon. He's mostly a meme now anyways.

I mean, we can at least make the 'useless rodent' usable in-game, make it a little different than the others. It doesn't have to have the greatest stats, but there should be something about it that makes it worth using and something that makes it different than the others. Like, making it a special attacker. That would suffice.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 pm

Magnus0 wrote:I mean, we can at least make the 'useless rodent' usable in-game, make it a little different than the others. It doesn't have to have the greatest stats, but there should be something about it that makes it worth using and something that makes it different than the others. Like, making it a special attacker. That would suffice.

What about something like a Hyena that uses lots of sound attacks? They'd all be special attacks and it could have a signature attacker based on laughing that lowers special defence or causes confusion.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:50 pm

That sounds pretty cool imo.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Magnus0 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:25 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:I mean, we can at least make the 'useless rodent' usable in-game, make it a little different than the others. It doesn't have to have the greatest stats, but there should be something about it that makes it worth using and something that makes it different than the others. Like, making it a special attacker. That would suffice.

What about something like a Hyena that uses lots of sound attacks? They'd all be special attacks and it could have a signature attacker based on laughing that lowers special defence or causes confusion.

Yeah, let's go with that. It could have uproar, hyper voice and disarming voice. A signature attack that confuses is pretty cool, like a special version of dizzy punch.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 pm

Sounds good. Wild dog first form, Hyena second form. They'd fit perfectly into the desert but not the forests and fields, so we could do with another mammalian pair to be on the other side of the mountains. I think the idea of a Hare could be good and make it a physical attacker with lots of kick moves?
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:33 pm

What about a kangaroo? That's similar to a hare, but it would make a little more sense with the kicking theme. It could be both too, like the first stage is a hare, and the evolution could be have some kangaroo-ish features to make it more intimidating.

I guess it would be a fighting type, with moves like jump kick, high jump kick and mega kick. Maybe punching moves too, as if the hare/kangaroo was a kickboxer.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:20 pm

A mix would be better, having a straight up Kangaroo in the open fields and farms seems a bit odd.

I think we're moving a little slow, so I have a suggestion. There are multiple biomes on the map, so everyone just comes up with one idea for each biome. Be it just a concept, or a type combination or a semi-formed idea. Then we have a whole bundle of ideas to work with.

Biomes:
Fields (Pagras)
Forest (Silveroak)
Urban (Inner City)
Ice Mountain (Stormcloud)
Wasteland/Volcanic (Wastes)
Haunted (Rotwick)
Desert (Hammerhold)
Beach (Port Tortuga)
Jungle (Lost Jungle)
Cave (Darklight Depths)
Yes it's me

by Minuet » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:58 am

I realized that there isn't much potential for post-game content as it is, so I added an Origins-themed, high-level island on the southwest portion of the map with a Battle Frontier.

...Anyways, that's probably all I'll do for the game world, as this is mostly a pokedex project. :lol:
User

PreviousNext