Incursion 2

Talk about anything game related!

Incursion 2

by spark123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 am

Incursion 2 is out! :o they beat KR! If you haven't played incursion it's a like KR with just barracks and not as good 'attention to detail' in a way.

They now have the same concept of heroes, so maybe KR and incursion are the start of a whole new genre of TD?

If so congratulations on KR being the first of its kind! :D :D
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

Re: Incursion 2

by kevin32 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow! This game has so many similarities to KR! They have heroes, a 'Goblin market', iOS support, hero experience points with their own skills ladder. I like that units can target a specific enemy, you can position anyone to be on the grassy areas instead of on the path, and multiple heroes can be on the field at the same time. It's like they integrated key features expected for KR2 into their game.

WAIT! What if there's a conspiracy? What if both Ironhide and Booblyc made a secret pact to join forces and dominate the tower defense market? What if their ultimate aim is to push out tons of high-quality content for free, and have their names forever etched in history as masters of the free world!

We must get to the bottom of this! :shock:
Last edited by kevin32 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by TITANICB » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Eh, I still think KR is way better.
User

by Finwer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm

me too
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Santiago » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 pm

KR art is much better, by far
User

by spark123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Santiago wrote:KR art is much better, by far

Yeah I know. I think Ironhide has put a lot of effort into their game creating new things to play with. Whilst incursion has pretty much only made heroes as the new thing. I like incursion, it's not a bad game. Until you compare it to KR or KRF then it's not as good :D
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

by kevin32 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:20 pm

spark123 wrote:Yeah I know. I think Ironhide has put a lot of effort into their game creating new things to play with. Whilst incursion has pretty much only made heroes as the new thing. I like incursion, it's not a bad game. Until you compare it to KR or KRF then it's not as good :D

I noticed that too. It's like Incursion 2 is about on the same level of KR1 on iOS. In some instances it's slightly above, not in looks, but in terms of skills, upgrades, and flexibility. KR is awesome, but Incursion has its strengths too.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by truteal » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:19 pm

spark123 wrote:Incursion 2 is out! :o they beat KR! If you haven't played incursion it's a like KR with just barracks and not as good 'attention to detail' in a way.

They now have the same concept of heroes, so maybe KR and incursion are the start of a whole new genre of TD?

If so congratulations on KR being the first of its kind! :D :D

Tortoise and Hare
User

by TITANICB » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 am

Santiago wrote:KR art is much better, by far

Very true. Incursion looks very ugly by comparison.
User

by Cable01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:15 am

Incursion 2 is a lot more enjoyable than it's previous installment. They did a good job.
User

by xXErr4rXx » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Not bad but graphics are a mess and not so fun. KR is a lot better TBH. Also you confused me a bit there. You said ''they beat KR :O'' but then '' it's a like KR with just barracks and not as good 'attention to detail' in a way." I feel like it is an advertisement and you should have posted it on Off-topic IMO
Special towers in KRO are so weak I build a couple of wild magus and bladesingers every time.

User

by Julian » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 pm

xXErr4rXx wrote:You said ''they beat KR :O"

Spark meant 'beating' concerning release dates, not game quality ;)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by xXErr4rXx » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Julian wrote:
xXErr4rXx wrote:You said ''they beat KR :O"

Spark meant 'beating' concerning release dates, not game quality ;)

Ah ok then :)
Special towers in KRO are so weak I build a couple of wild magus and bladesingers every time.

User

by JuiceBox » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 am

Incursion 2 is nowhere near Kingdom Rush.

Incursion just feels so... waxxy. The art is horrible, the units feel so dull and slow, and it completely ruins the gameplay. Unlike Kingdom Rush's energetic and funny-yet-serious-at-the-same-time vibe.

The voices are also terrible. The game would have been better without those horrible voices.

So far, Kingdom Rush wins. It probably will again and again if Incursion doesn't change.
When I die, I want to go peacefully. Like my grandfather did: in his sleep; not screaming--like the passengers in his car.

If you hate juice boxes, I will kill you.
User

Location: A magical place where you never get harmed. A magical place, with magical charms.

by REDBULL » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 pm

JuiceBox wrote:Incursion 2 is nowhere near Kingdom Rush.

Incursion just feels so... waxxy. The art is horrible, the units feel so dull and slow, and it completely ruins the gameplay. Unlike Kingdom Rush's energetic and funny-yet-serious-at-the-same-time vibe.

The voices are also terrible. The game would have been better without those horrible voices.

So far, Kingdom Rush wins. It probably will again and again if Incursion doesn't change.

I agree on the waxxy part. KR is just unique in its own right which is a hard earned thing that is a reward for their attention to detail and its effect on gameplay. Also are you JuiceBox on Sky9?
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User

by JuiceBox » Wed May 01, 2013 1:38 pm

REDBULL wrote:

I agree on the waxxy part. KR is just unique in its own right which is a hard earned thing that is a reward for their attention to detail and its effect on gameplay. Also are you JuiceBox on Sky9?

Why, yes! Yes, I am. It feels great to have an aspiring fan out there.
When I die, I want to go peacefully. Like my grandfather did: in his sleep; not screaming--like the passengers in his car.

User

Location: A magical place where you never get harmed. A magical place, with magical charms.

by MaGnUs » Wed May 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Does anyone like the texts? Cause they hired me to do them (and they also hired the same guys who did the music and voices for KR). :)
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by REDBULL » Fri May 03, 2013 12:26 am

JuiceBox wrote:
REDBULL wrote:

Why, yes! Yes, I am. It feels great to have an aspiring fan out there.

Sureeeee lets go with that.
these guys^^!
User

by JuiceBox » Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 am

REDBULL wrote:Sureeeee lets go with that.

Yeah. Sure.

But I know what you're thinking.

User

by REDBULL » Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

JuiceBox wrote:
REDBULL wrote:Sureeeee lets go with that.

Yeah. Sure.

But I know what you're thinking.

That you're pic looks like something off Sweet Life on Deck?
these guys^^!
User

Next