The Perfect Video Game

Talk about anything game related!

Re: The Perfect Video Game

by xstargaming » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 pm

arcanegimli wrote:TF2 FTW, Tis le greatest game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have yet to play that. :lol:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:04 pm

xstargaming wrote:

I'm not a fan of shooting games. I know this sounds snobbish, but I prefer something that provides an intellectual challenge in multiple ways. For example, a game where the enemies are hard and you have trouble just trying to get to the boss. A smarter player would realize that there is a secret door you can open up right before the boss that leads back to the checkpoint, allowing you to bypass every enemy from that point on. ;)

I haven't played any of the Team Fortress games, but my friend, Aaron, has and he loves it. :)
BBB

by deoxsis12 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
xstargaming wrote:

I'm not a fan of shooting games. I know this sounds snobbish, but I prefer something that provides an intellectual challenge in multiple ways. For example, a game where the enemies are hard and you have trouble just trying to get to the boss. A smarter player would realize that there is a secret door you can open up right before the boss that leads back to the checkpoint, allowing you to bypass every enemy from that point on. ;)

I haven't played any of the Team Fortress games, but my friend, Aaron, has and he loves it. :)

The shadow of collusus is sort of like the game you want. It is a beautiful game, and I see your a fan of dark souls as well. Dark souls is probably one of the coolest gaming franchises ever. Unforgiving gameplay is certainly something to love!
Grawl for president! Get your free pet rock today!

Mission Report December 16 1991...
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Deoxsis, have you seen my thread in Off Topic about the Legends? I think you would like that kind of game. :)
BBB

by Cheesecake » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 am

I spend more time than I should playing video games, so I might as well give my opinion on this. The way I see it, video games are a way of getting away from the boredom of real life, to be able to do something different and fun, even if you're just pressing buttons and looking at a screen. Video games always need some form of immersion to make it something different, something special. The perfect video game would have some kind of element that makes you feel like you're in the game, as strange as it sounds. If a game doesn't get you excited, it's just a bunch of pixels to me. This is why I like first-person and third-person games. There is a character that you control, you can see things through that characters eyes, or you see what he's doing, you see what's around him, etc. My favorite video game at the moment is Team Fortress 2, because it's also got a very comical side to it. It's fun, it's funny, etc. The reason I like games like shooters above others is because you are there, in the action. They require fast reflexes and they have a lot of pressure on hand-eye coordination. That's something that I find it lacking in more strategy-based games; there's no action. Take mobas for example, you see things from a panoramic, birds-eye view. It makes it feel like you're doing exactly what you're doing in real life: clicking buttons. There's no action, no element of immersion, which just makes it a bit more boring for me.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:18 am

Cheesecake wrote:I spend more time than I should playing video games, so I might as well give my opinion on this. The way I see it, video games are a way of getting away from the boredom of real life, to be able to do something different and fun, even if you're just pressing buttons and looking at a screen. Video games always need some form of immersion to make it something different, something special. The perfect video game would have some kind of element that makes you feel like you're in the game, as strange as it sounds. If a game doesn't get you excited, it's just a bunch of pixels to me. This is why I like first-person and third-person games. There is a character that you control, you can see things through that characters eyes, or you see what he's doing, you see what's around him, etc. My favorite video game at the moment is Team Fortress 2, because it's also got a very comical side to it. It's fun, it's funny, etc. The reason I like games like shooters above others is because you are there, in the action. They require fast reflexes and they have a lot of pressure on hand-eye coordination. That's something that I find it lacking in more strategy-based games; there's no action. Take mobas for example, you see things from a panoramic, birds-eye view. It makes it feel like you're doing exactly what you're doing in real life: clicking buttons. There's no action, no element of immersion, which just makes it a bit more boring for me.

I guess it depends on how much action is in it.

A game like Kingdom Rush has an aerial view, but it feels like you're laying the most intense game of chess ever, and it's probably the 2nd best game I've ever played. But I see what you mean, although I personally think it makes the game sometimes harder to play, which ruins part of the fun for me at least. :roll:
BBB

by MechaNecromancer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Crusader Kings II.
It's a game about feudalism.You start as a feudal ruler and try to achieve greatness.It has backstabbing,war,dynasties,backstabbing,diplomacy and you need a reason to declare war on someone.Oh,and did I say backstabbing?
There's no goal at all,and it's like a mix of an RPG with a Grand Strategy game.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 pm

MechaNecromancer wrote:Crusader Kings II.
It's a game about feudalism.You start as a feudal ruler and try to achieve greatness.It has backstabbing,war,dynasties,backstabbing,diplomacy and you need a reason to declare war on someone.Oh,and did I say backstabbing?
There's no goal at all,and it's like a mix of an RPG with a Grand Strategy game.

:twisted: Backstabbing... :twisted:
BBB

by SairiRM » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:32 am

MechaNecromancer wrote:Crusader Kings II.

EU 4 too. Paradox has the best grand strategy games ever. (Crusader Kings 1,2; Victoria 1,2; Europa Universalis 1,2,3,4; Sengoku, etc)
User

by Cheesecake » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I'm not a fan of shooting games. I know this sounds snobbish, but I prefer something that provides an intellectual challenge in multiple ways. For example, a game where the enemies are hard and you have trouble just trying to get to the boss. A smarter player would realize that there is a secret door you can open up right before the boss that leads back to the checkpoint, allowing you to bypass every enemy from that point on. ;)

Big Bad Bug wrote: :twisted: Backstabbing... :twisted:

'I don't like shooting people, only stabbing them in the back'
-BBB
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:35 am

Cheesecake wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I'm not a fan of shooting games. I know this sounds snobbish, but I prefer something that provides an intellectual challenge in multiple ways. For example, a game where the enemies are hard and you have trouble just trying to get to the boss. A smarter player would realize that there is a secret door you can open up right before the boss that leads back to the checkpoint, allowing you to bypass every enemy from that point on. ;)

-BBB

Yes, indeed. Getting a critical hit in an enemy's weak point is much more satisfying than firing a bullet through someone's chest in my opinion.
BBB

by MechaNecromancer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:50 am

On a slightly off-topic note,did you notice there will be a Civilization VI?It'll be in...Space.
User

by SairiRM » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:49 am

MechaNecromancer wrote:On a slightly off-topic note,did you notice there will be a Civilization VI?It'll be in...Space.

I'm not going to like it, unfortunately, space isn't my preferred place.
User

by Cheesecake » Thu May 08, 2014 3:55 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Cheesecake wrote:

-BBB

Yes, indeed. Getting a critical hit in an enemy's weak point is much more satisfying than firing a bullet through someone's chest in my opinion.

Then, the Spy from TF2 is the perfect class for you! Relying on trickery and stealth, the Spy backstabs his enemies, killing them instantly.

by Geraldmirs » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 am

WHoooo best game ever nice weapons and stats its really interesting to play, nice game sir thanks.
User

Previous