Flight Rising

Talk about anything game related!

Flight Rising

by Kowaghuz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:12 pm

This place is pretty silent, so I was thinking of trying to stir up some activity.

Flight rising is basically a dragon-raising game wit a lot of twists, knots and turns.

In the beginning, you get to pick your flight(11 in total, you can see them on the site even though registration is blocked ATM), and then you get a pair of dragons which you can breed, make them scavange for food and resources or have them battle in the coliseum(Not actually a coliseum, there are different outdoor/indoor areas with enemies differing in level.)

This is where the fun part pops up in every aspect.

Breeding seems simple, but your dragons can inhierit a lot of things, such as:
Genes(Patterns your dragon has)
Color
Eye color(I think, haven't tried this. Each flight has a different eye color, and I suppose the child can inhierit either the mother's or father's elements and with the element so does the eye color come.)
Breed

You can scavenge four different types of food sources(Fish, plants, meat, insects) from the respective life form, each zone(11, for every flight) having it's distinct fauna. The developers put a ton of work in this game and the result is splendid thus far, even though I have to say they went for some abstract(bad/too alien) dragon designs. Aside from food, you can get artifacts, trash or even dragon eggs from scavenging around.

Fighting is a whole RPG that could stand on its own as a game, each flight and breed having it's own skills, bonuses and minuses. 25 levels in total.

There are also minigames and such, but the game is so vast It'd take a while to say everything.

Another important mechanic is exalting your dragons to your respective flight god(Yes, there are also 11 gods), and the flight with most exalts gets bonuses for a week. The stronger the dragon the more omney you get for gruesomely sacrificing making it live a honest, monastic life alongside it's god.

Mechanics aside, there's also a story, which could be summed up as such:

Blah blah planet blah muh gick blah blah blah four gods pop up blah blah blah fight each other blah blah more gods pop up from the fighting blah blah they realize they've ****ed up the world blah blah then some spooky darkness pops up and **** it up even more blah blah they seal themselves in a huge tower to protect the world from said darkness BLAAAAAAHHHH the world fixes itself because the gods are lazy ***holes blah blah blah blah humans pop up blah blah theocracies worshipping muh gick and the tower pop up blah blah the world goes proggie and secular blah blah blah the evil and oppressive religious groups try to seize power blah blah guy comes and says they should team up to make a muhgickal engine to increase technological and muhgickal advancement blah blah blah blah blah ages pass and they make the engine blah blah blah the engine goes to **** and blows up the entire world blah blah another god pops up blah blah blah it starts studying stars blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it sees something weird, zooms in with muhgick and it turns out to be the spooky darkness blah blah it **** up the tower the god was staying one(That tower. Yes, he was sitting on it when he zoomed in to see what was going on. I'm bad at storytelling) blah blah blah the tower breaks and spooks the darkness away blah blah the gods are freed from the tower and realize they must now take responsibility for their actions and inhabit the world blah blah they make more dragons and now the game starts THE END.

There's this new plot arc where mutant humans left after the cataclysm(Centaurs, half-snakes, mermaids, etc.)(They couldn't have thought for ONE ****ING SECOND TO ADD DWARVES AND ELVES, COULD THEY?) started getting driven away by the dragons(Is this supposed to make me feel sorry for what the americans did overseas two centuries ago? Seems like it.) and now they are teaming up to fight back.

The main problem is that the creators are afraid of the servers collapsing on themselves if too many people join(Happened at the beginning of the game, I saw it happen and it was pretty bad.), and registrations are locked until they announce a registration window I am so waiting for. BECAUSE I FORGOT MY USER NAME. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DON'T USE KOWASACI.
User