Funniest thing that happened to you in a game.

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Funniest thing that happened to you in a game.

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:22 pm

BFME 2, the greatest RTS of all time. I was playing as Mordor, and doing this neat little thing I always do where I choose my base to be inside of Helm's Deep, which gives 2 layers of massive walls for protection. :P I choose to have 1 ally, the Elves, and go up against 2 allied factions, both of them are the Dwarves, the most OP faction in the game.

I had the Witch King as a hero unit, and he is the most OP hero in the game. I love watching him level up and continuously counter everything the enemy throws at him. Got a lot of units in your army? He deals massive area damage in his regular moves, instantly killing regular units. Powerful melee units and siege weaponry to crush him? He can ride on a fellbeast, out of reach. Ranged units? He can use Screech, making them flee in terror. Buffs and upgrades to your units? He passively halves the damage and armor of all units in a large range around him. Other heroes to counter him? The "Hour of the Witch King" ability sets all special abilities to just used, forcing them to recharge before being usable. It was awesome. :twisted:

Eventually, I got enough power to summon the Balrog, so I sent the 3 musketeers: Balrog, Witch King, and Sauron, all to the enemy fortress, and they not only destroyed it, but we're in good enough condition to take down the second fortress on their own as well. Dwarves ran around helplessly as their buildings crumbled under my heroes' power. At the last moment, with one Dwarven building left before I destroyed it and won, I had all of my units attack it at once. The Balrog unleashed his fire breath ability, which unfortunately is friendly fire, and killed the Witch King just as we won, which meant that I had the Lord of the Nazgul exploding as my victory screen. I had no expectations of that happening, but I was satisfied with that, because it was the best battle I ever had.

Too bad the Elves died instantly.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Yes! I love BFMEII!

Mine isn't all that funny, but I was playing as the Elves against the Goblins, opposite factions. Goblins spam weak troops, Elves have powerful single heroes and smaller units. I had been babysitting Haldir (the guy who died at Helm's Deep) as he is a weaker hero and was trying to level him up. He was cutting his way through a small group of goblins with a very nice AoE swing, at which point the Goblin King arrived.

Haldir levels rather slowly as he dies so often, even Elrond, who levels slowly to keep him balanced, was level 10 before Haldir was level 9. Haldir cut away the last Goblin and reached Level 9, granting him his final ability, a powerful single shot Golden arrow that blasts light around, stunning goblins. The Goblin king rode up to low-health-Haldir on a scorpion (because why not), just as the goblin back-up arrived. Haldir's Golden Arrow instantly killed the King and his scorpion and immediately granted Haldir level 10 as some kind of consolation. As the Goblins were stunned due to the light from the arrow (including a bunch of Spiders that decided to start moonwalking backwards) Haldir made his escape and survived.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Oof_Shunt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Probably the first time I played clash of clans and I had no idea what I was doing
Maybe in total war whenever a mis-click would send one of my groups wrong direction or something like that
Maybe in angry birds 2 , the way the piggies get buried/blasted is better now than before
User

by Juice Box » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:51 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Too bad the Elves died instantly.

D'aw, you can't blame 'em. Dwarven infantry is ridiculously OP, and Helm's Deep's walls can only protect one player's base. Outnumbered and overpowered, I highly doubt the Elves ever even stood a chance.
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

What difficulty AI do you fight? I found 3 hard AI's as Men inside Helm's Deep and they were just as derpy as any other AI. Once I got the Elven Archers on the walls they were done for.
Then I did my favourite thing of rushing Theoden and Eomer with a bunch of Rohirrim, summoning more Rohirrim, buffing them all, then using Theoden's ability to make them take 0.1x damage. Then they tanked 2 of the 3 enemy bases, while I played "Forth Eorlingas" at full volume from my phone. Fun times.

What is your opinion on the Dwarven Battlewagons?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Previous