Realm of the Mad God

Talk about anything game related!

Realm of the Mad God

by Zonoro13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm spending most of my free time on RotMG now, which is why I'm less active. I still read everything, though.

This game is a permadeath coop bullet hell 8-bit MMO. It's hard as hell and insanely fun. It's free and you can play on Steam, Kongregate, Flash Projector, or browser. Discuss.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

Re: Realm of the Mad God

by Kowaghuz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I'm spending most of my free time on RotMG now, which is why I'm less active. I still read everything, though.

This game is a permadeath coop bullet hell 8-bit MMO. It's hard as hell and insanely fun. It's free and you can play on Steam, Kongregate, Flash Projector, or browser. Discuss.

Played it. Can't play anymore because I'm afrad my better computer might still lag and thus kill me.

I don't have access to that laptop, anyways, so it's not that I could risk playing.
User

by Zonoro13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:I'm spending most of my free time on RotMG now, which is why I'm less active. I still read everything, though.

Played it. Can't play anymore because I'm afrad my better computer might still lag and thus kill me.

I don't have access to that laptop, anyways, so it's not that I could risk playing.

If you're playing on Chrome, you should disable pep flash to stop lag. Also, refresh the game every so often to not cripple your memory.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:29 am

Never got interested. I mean, it's got 8-bit graphics, which are meh, and graphics is always a huge thing for me. And survival-type games that reward players with skill aren't my thing, since I'm the kind of person who wants to get everything immediately and experiment with it.
User

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 am

Graphics =/= great game
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by SairiRM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:52 am

Juice Box wrote:Never got interested. I mean, it's got 8-bit graphics, which are meh, and graphics is always a huge thing for me. And survival-type games that reward players with skill aren't my thing, since I'm the kind of person who wants to get everything immediately and experiment with it.

Actually, that's what makes old RPGs and jRPGs awesome, the 8-bit graphics are freaking good and cute. These recent years indie video game creators are trying to be as close to these graphics and feels as possible. A great example is Shovel Knight, which in most game review companies has gathered huge acclaim, and was in most of the top 10 lists, even in the #1 place.
User

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:55 am

Yeah, that's sort of why I don't like Shovel Knight, either... Or Minecraft... Or Unturned, or any other similar games...

Iuno, it just ain't my style.
User

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:21 am

Unturned? 8/10. Shovel Knight? 9/10. Minecraft? 10/10. Call Of Duty? Meh..
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:02 pm

8-bit graphics don't have to be bad graphics. Most of the sprinting is excellent, and the game is pleasant to look at. Now look at Planetside 2. It's one of those high-tech 3D first-person shooters... But it's ugly as hell.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Skyrim may have some good graphics, but without mods, it has a general grayness (or greyness, the true word is lost forever) that makes the whole things look pretty ugly.

Dark Souls has never been known for its graphics, but the actual design of the enemies and environments makes it look better than a lot of other games I've played. I mean, come on:

Even in 8-bit, those places would look awesome.
BBB

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:36 pm

User

by Finwer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 pm

wailwail wrote:Because Aesthetics =/= Graphics.

You watch that show too? :shock:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Ehh... Why not? IT'S AMAZING!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:53 pm

wailwail wrote:Ehh... Why not? IT'S AMAZING!

Except for this garbage.
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 pm

On the subject of 8-bit graphics!!!!!!111!111!!111111

I've more or less mastered the art of drawing ROTMG-style peoplets(Geddit bcause they b smal).

I'd show some off, but my old PC is too crappy to handle uploading a picture, opening it in a new window and letting me copy the image here(I'm serious. It's 5+ y/o)

They're easy as f*** to mass-produce, too, so once I get my newer PC back I'll be taking up requests. If one takes more than 3 days then I'm either retarded or lazy.
User

by Simmonds91 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:50 am

If juicebox doesnt like pixelly graphics so be it, each to their own, personally i love those types of games (games that go for the 8-bit look that is).

As for realm of the mad god... screw you lava! :lol: hard as hell and frustrating when you lose everything once you die (unless you store your stuff in a chest) but really fun, the bosses give a real challenge so its quite like dark souls in a few ways.

Seriously though i think ive died by accidentally walking into lava more than any enemy. I swear to god there is nothing on this earth more frustrating than dodging bullets left and right, having a good amount of decent equipment, racking up a kill count to be proud of and then finding yourself in the middle of a pool of lava you didnt see what with focusing on dodging attacks...

Its a real shame i only have an ipad now, not played it in years.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork