Vainglory

Talk about anything game related!

Vainglory

by Magnus0 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:08 pm

In Juicebox's recommendations thread I bragged about how great Vainglory is. But now, Vainglory is available on android, so it's even greater now (it's only on the newer android devices though). I'll try to explain what sort of game Vainglory is. Vainglory is MOBA perfected for touch. You control your character with taps on the screen. It's a traditional MOBA with a lane and a jungle. The objective is to farm for gold and experience so you can destroy the enemy turrets on the lane and eventually destroy the enemy vain crystal. The great thing about Vainglory is that all the characters have interesting and unique designs and concepts and they are mostly balanced. Also, you can get everything by just playing the game so it's not pay to win at all. You can buy skins for the characters with real money, but it's purely cosmetic. The developers are incredibly nice, just as our devs ;). The community is also one of the best communities of all games. Almost all players are nice and intelligent people that want to support the devs and enjoy their awesome game. On top of all this, the game is entirely free! the only thing you need is a (somewhat new) mobile device and a stable internet connection. So try it out sometime, even if you don't like MOBA's. The game is a bit hard to get into, but once you understand what all the items and characters do, you will realize the game is actually quite deep. I'll stop bragging now, just download the game and try it. You have nothing to lose.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

Re: Vainglory

by Kowaghuz » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh great, ANOTHER MOBA.

These things have as much of a monopoly on legit gaming as idle games have a monopoly on flash gaming.
User

by Simmonds91 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Vainglory: modern warfare.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Magnus0 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Vainglory: modern warfare.

Uhm.. what?

Those games aren't even remotely alike.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Simmonds91 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:50 pm

they are similar in that there are so many mobas out there and a new call of duty game is made every year, i bet next year there will be yet another moba too.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Magnus0 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:they are similar in that there are so many mobas out there and a new call of duty game is made every year, i bet next year there will be yet another moba too.

How many (acutally good) moba's are on mobile, completely free and don't offer any in-app purchases that grant advantages in game (ptw)? I really feel like Vainglory is different from many other moba's. Sure, it can't compare to the giants like LoL and DOTA, but I think it's save to say that at least on mobile devices, Vainglory is the best moba out there. It's still a fairly new game though, so maybe it has to grow some more to be relevant. Time will tell.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by warbot1000 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:
Simmonds91 wrote:they are similar in that there are so many mobas out there and a new call of duty game is made every year, i bet next year there will be yet another moba too.

How many (acutally good) moba's are on mobile, completely free and don't offer any in-app purchases that grant advantages in game (ptw)? I really feel like Vainglory is different from many other moba's. Sure, it can't compare to the giants like LoL and DOTA, but I think it's save to say that at least on mobile devices, Vainglory is the best moba out there. It's still a fairly new game though, so maybe it has to grow some more to be relevant. Time will tell.

Not many
I play vainglory as well add me I am Warbot1000

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Zonoro13 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:32 pm

I started playing this game at camp, and it's great! Koshka is a boss.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by warbot1000 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:30 am

Zonoro13 wrote:I started playing this game at camp, and it's great! Koshka is a boss.

Add me i am called Warbot1000
mabye we can play together sometime :D

my ideas

User

by Magnus0 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I started playing this game at camp, and it's great! Koshka is a boss.

You should have started playing a couple of updates before, Koshka was so OP then :P.

@warbot

I will add you when I'm back from my vacation, or in about 1-2 weeks ;)
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by warbot1000 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:

You should have started playing a couple of updates before, Koshka was so OP then :P.

@warbot

I will add you when I'm back from my vacation, or in about 1-2 weeks ;)

Got rona yesterday, you missed the triple glory weekend D:

my ideas

User

by Magnus0 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:42 am

Sorry for the bumb, but I noticed you are still playing Vainglory, and I'm curious how you are liking it. So, how are you enjoying the game? What's your ign? We could play together sometime. I could even tutor you through some parts of the game if you want :D
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by warbot1000 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:03 pm

I love your new avatar. Skaarf is not my preferred laner but he is really cool . :)
also add me if you are on the EU server i am called Warbot1000

my ideas

User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

I've been playing a bit more now that I have some free time, but I'm still fairly bad. I've looked at builds on vaingloryfire, and watched videos of pros playing, but I'm still Skill Tier 1, Bronze. Yesterday I lost three games in a row due to my glitchy touchscreen. :(
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by warbot1000 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I've been playing a bit more now that I have some free time, but I'm still fairly bad. I've looked at builds on vaingloryfire, and watched videos of pros playing, but I'm still Skill Tier 1, Bronze. Yesterday I lost three games in a row due to my glitchy touchscreen. :(

It has happened to all of us. I am just a humble silver 3 due to bad team mates and the lack of people i can get to form a team and do ranked. What region are you playing in?

my ideas

User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:40 pm

warbot1000 wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:I've been playing a bit more now that I have some free time, but I'm still fairly bad. I've looked at builds on vaingloryfire, and watched videos of pros playing, but I'm still Skill Tier 1, Bronze. Yesterday I lost three games in a row due to my glitchy touchscreen. :(

It has happened to all of us. I am just a humble silver 3 due to bad team mates and the lack of people i can get to form a team and do ranked.

Wait, if your teammates are bad, then shouldn't your opponents be just as bad? So if you're better than your teammates, then you're going to win games more than you lose them?
-Terry Pratchett

User

by warbot1000 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

It has happened to all of us. I am just a humble silver 3 due to bad team mates and the lack of people i can get to form a team and do ranked.

Wait, if your teammates are bad, then shouldn't your opponents be just as bad? So if you're better than your teammates, then you're going to win games more than you lose them?

thats how it should work :lol: however I keep on getting quitters and people who dont know how a support character works. (i try to support them as fortress in the jungle but for some reason they run away :( , even when i have ironguard contract. I have constantly been better than rank 5 players in casual but I cant rise to their "ranking" due to not being able to assemble a team that is willing to play ranked.
as an example of my ability over a tier I managed to 2 vs 3 an enemy team in ranked with a taka with the following KDs (this just happened now :) )
K / D / A / M
Me (fortress)
7 / 1 / 19 / 2
Taka
19 / 11 / 3 / 68
Celeste ( Quitter)
1 / 7 / 0 / 32

enemy team

Catherine
3 / 8 / 12 / 8
Glaive
9 / 12 / 3 / 59
Ringo
7 / 7 / 11 / 75

my ideas

User

by Magnus0 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:32 am

I just realized that I can't play with you Zonoro, because we're not on in the same region :|

I reccomend playing a carry role to climb tiers. If you are the support, you are reliant on your teammates to get kills, but if you play the carry, you have better chances to get kills and push turrets. I recommend Celeste as laner and Krul as jungler. Those characters can 1vs3 the enemy team when they farmed enough. Both are very hard to use though, but if you can master them, you will definitely have the advantage in the lower tiers.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah, I liked both of those chars. I hate this rotation tho. Everyone's boring.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by warbot1000 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:14 pm

what region are you guys in?

my ideas

User

Next