Order

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Order

by xstargaming » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I believe he just got really lucky and managed to have a scrambled version that was 1 move away from victory. :D

I'm probably humiliating myself again, but is that a 1/20922789888000 chance with 4.77948E-16 as a percent? :)

You humiliate yourself not, for you are indeed correct. 1/16! is the chance in which that was to occur. :D
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 pm

:yey:

Right now I am spamming refresh to get a lucky combination. :lol: After awhile, though, I foresee this wearing off and the abusable system becoming more and more of a bad thing. I don't know if this is possible, but can scramble be programmed in a way that prevents players from being within 3 moves of winning?
BBB

by xstargaming » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote::yey:

Right now I am spamming refresh to get a lucky combination. :lol: After awhile, though, I foresee this wearing off and the abusable system becoming more and more of a bad thing. I don't know if this is possible, but can scramble be programmed in a way that prevents players from being within 3 moves of winning?

Such a lucky combination would take 20922789888000 clicks to guarantee. :lol:

It's possible I could program it to re-randomize the tiles if they're in a certain order, yes. At the same time, it is that little essence of randomness, that knowledge that there's a slim chance it could be solved in a single move that makes it rather tantalizing. ;)
User

by RZRider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Sorry I have very bad internet ( I live in the country ) so I don't think I can play just yet
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by RZRider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

Tried it again and IT WORKED! GREAT GAME xstar.
It took me 170 mives though. Not very good yet :oops:
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by xstargaming » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:58 pm

I've updated the game yet again, but this time merely for fixing a couple of bugs; now the 4x4 grid will actually disappear and can be swiped on. :lol:

:D
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:22 am

One issue still persists with scramble, which is that the move counter resets every time the numbers are mixed. Otherwise, it's still entertaining. :)
BBB

by xstargaming » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:One issue still persists with scramble, which is that the move counter resets every time the numbers are mixed. Otherwise, it's still entertaining. :)

Muffins, I thought I fixed that. :?

I'll get right to it! :D
User

by xstargaming » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Hello everyone! I'm looking for any final suggestions before I put this onto its sub-domain for publishing. :D
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:56 pm

Foreign Mode? It wouldn't impact gameplay, but it would definitely broaden the accessibility of the game for people of other languages. You'd only need to convert numbers for certain things like Asian and Middle Eastern languages. :P
BBB

by xstargaming » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Foreign Mode? It wouldn't impact gameplay, but it would definitely broaden the accessibility of the game for people of other languages. You'd only need to convert numbers for certain things like Asian and Middle Eastern languages. :P

I had considered it, but, in the end, the target audiences are those using Arabic Numerals, ergo I feel it isn't a necessity for the moment being. If (a very large if) the game extends beyond the boundaries of the Americas and Europe, then I shall most certainly add it in.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Well then, I've got nothing. Maybe you could add rainbow numbers? :roll:
BBB

Previous