Heroes 2.0

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Heroes 2.0

by Ninja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Some stuff to note before beginning:

This a thread in which I will try to improve on the more plain heroes and hopefully give some helpful suggestions to IH. I won't try to improve on the well made heroes, as they are good as they are.

•All measurements are based on the assumption that a Bloodshell is ~1.5 m wide.
•The sections of text in italics are just my thoughts.
•Hero point costs for skills remain unchanged unless specified otherwise.

And now, let's begin! :yey:

Alric 2.0

As much as I love this hero, some of his powers are just too plain. I will mostly just replace his statistical passives, but I will also try to remove some of his OPness, as every hero deserves to be balanced, IMO.

Stats:

In-game, the only problem with Alric's stats that I see is that his high armor seems slightly OP. But, since I'm replacing Toughness with something more interesting, I figure that the loss of that extra HP should account for the OPness of his armor. TL;DR: I'm not changing the stats 'cause I'm replacing Toughness and Swordsmanship, and I figured that should tone down his OP stats enough.

Abilities:

Dirty Trick (Replacing Swordsmanship)(Active, 4s)
Throws sand in his opponent's eyes, stunning the enemy for 1/2.5/4.5s. CD timer starts after the stunning ends.

Blood Rage (Replacing Spiked Armor)(Passive)
Every kill, Alric gains a 33/66/99% stat boost if the slain enemy had 500 or more HP. If less than 500 HP, then he will only gain a 15/30/45% stat boost. These boosts last for 6/7/8s. Additionally, every time Alric takes 100/70/40 damage, he gains a 5/10/15% attack boost for a 6/9/12s duration.

Sweeping Strikes (Replacing Toughness)(Passive)
Alric now performs magnificent sword sweeps with his basic attacks, granting him AoE damage. On the assumption that a Bloodshell is 1.5 meters (M) wide, he deals damage in an AoE of 0.5/0.75/1 m. (Applies to Flurry)

Flurry
Increasing CD to 12/11/10s. I'll leave everything else about it the same.

Sand Warriors (Active, 12s)
Summons 1/2/3 sand warriors with 50/80/110 HP. Unlike the ones in the actual game, these ones don't die until their entire HP bar is depleted or until they reach the entrance. I figured this would make them a bit more useful than they are, as they seem to be Alric's most UP ability. I increased the CD to 12s because they now also have a passive power. When in tornado form, enemies in an average range of them take 7/9/11 DPS and are slowed by 20/35/50%.

Here's what I've gathered about Alric and this what I based the new powers off of: "He was born into nomadic tribe in the Azsare Desert. For some reason or another, he was ejected from the tribe when he was a teenager. He had to learn how to fight well and sometimes to fight dirty just to survive the harshness of the desert, the thugs that hid in the dunes, and the other nomads. One day, he was found by a squadron of the king's soldiers deprived of nutrition in the desert. They took him in, saw his potential to be a great soldier, and trained him. After proving himself time and time again they started teaching special maneuvers that only best swordsmen could master. He was so good with a sword that he even modified the maneuvers into his own, special attacks. He eventually became a commander over most of the king's army. At this point, KRF's story begins to unfold." So, that was all pure speculation. But, it's my take on Alric's lore, and as said earlier, it's what I based his new abilities on.

Reg'son 2.0

I love Reg'son, but he must be rid of the atrocious stat passive that is Eldritch Way. Also, the unoriginal Eldritch Slash has to go. Other than that, I won't change much.

Stats:

I'm increasing his L.10 HP to 600 because the loss of Eldritch Way could be potentially life-threatening to him without an HP buff. Other than that, I'm leaving his stats as they are.

Abilities:

Eldritch Heal
It's staying as it is, except for a small percent tweak. New percents: 10/25/45% of enemy HP is given to Reg'son.

Eldritch Blade
An epic power, I would feel guilty if I altered it.

Eldritch Finisher (Replacing Eldritch Slash)(Cost: 2/3/4 Hero Points)(Active, 18s)
Holds up his blades high as they glow bright purple and then stabs them straight through his opponent's heart dealing 300/350/450-400/450/550 True Damage. Peirces through up to 3 enemies in a straight line.

I wanted to keep that minor AoE capability and high damage, and I came up with this. It's meant to be used as a finishing attack, killing weakened large enemies in one hit so that Reg'son doesn't have to waste his time on them.

Eldritch Domination (Replacing Eldritch Way)(Cost: 1/1/1 Hero Points)(Passive)
When Eldritch Blade is charged, mooks that fight Reg'son with less than 50/60/70 HP are instantly killed so as not to waste the ability. If Eldritch Blade is un-purchased, then this ability will kill every enemy that comes into contact with Reg'son when they are at 10/20/30 HP or less.

Credit to BBB for this suggestion.

Vindicator (HS)
I'll leave this skill alone. It's one if my favorite HS's and it deserves to stay.

I don't have much to say about my redo of Reg'son, other than the fact that I find this version really cool, and in my opinion, a near perfect hero. I hope IH
heeds this suggestion and changes Reg'son at least some. Because if they do, it will be for the better, and I'll like Reg'son more than I already do, and that's saying something.

Xin 2.0
An adaptation of Xin that will hopefully better fulfill his supportive role on the battlefield.

Stats:

All unchanged except I'm increasing his damage for basic attacks to 34-68 magic damage so it actually hurts enemies somewhat.

Abilities:

Quick Attack (Replacing Daring Strike)(Active, 22/20/18s)-
Xin teleports to the strongest enemy within 15 m of the exit faster than the eye can see. Then, he proceeds to thwack the enemy, dealing 500 magic damage. If no enemy is within 15 m of the exit, then Xin will attack the strongest enemy on screen dealing 500 magic damage. After this, Xin can teleport anywhere on screen once. (CD decreases by 2s at a time as this skill is upgraded.)

This ability is meant to be used as a leak catcher and/or hit-and-run on strong enemies neatly rolled together into one ability. The purpose of the single-use teleport provided after activation of the skill is just so that Xin can instantly return to the barracks he was supporting so he doesn't have to go back with his slow move speed.

Inspire (An tweak on Xin 1.0's skill of the same name)(Active, 14s)-
Inspires up to 3 friendly units, tripling/quadrupling/quintupling the magnitude of any positive effect placed on them for 5/6/7s.

The first display of Xin's now more focused playstyle. He is meant to, instead of supporting a large area's worth of units and/or towers like other support heroes, Xin is now focused on turning one group of militia into powerhouses, rather than spreading his supportive might thin.

Mind over Body (A slight variation of normal Xin's skill of the same moniker)(Active, 10s)-
Xin gives up to 3 units and himself and dose of his special concoction, healing 200/300/400 HP over 3s for each affected unit. (50 HP/s)

A simple heal, now more supportive. Not much to say here.

Life Link (Replacing Panda Style)(Passive)-
Xin links his mind and soul with nearby allies, giving them a 33/66/99% damage increase until Xin leaves the area. In return, each linked unit reduces the cooldown of all Xin's active abilities by 1/1.5/2s. However, there is a catch. Xin cannot be linked with more than three units.

My favorite of Xin's new abilities, IMO, it's what really makes this hero. With it, his abilities can charge up to 6s faster (with 3, that is) while turning the soldiers nearby into powerhouses!

Pandaemonium (HS)(This power will remain unchanged.)

Ashbite 2.0
An adaptation of Ashbite that hopefully isn't disappointingly UP like the original.

Stats:

Damage decreased to 25-35. And now he actually attacks quickly like it says in the hero room instead of being bugged with an über slow attack speed. Also, fast move speed.

New Secondary: Ashbite now deals an extra 40% damage versus unarmored units with all attacks and abilities.

Abilities:

Smoldering Inferno (Replacing Blazing Breath)(Active, 20s)
Pours forth blazing flames onto his enemies, scorching them (Removes 100% armor and deals Fire Damage) for 300/450/600 AoE damage. Damage is dealt progressively over the course of 3s, dealing 100/150/200 DPS, to be exact. Note: Smoke will seep from Ashbite's mouth when this ability is available.

A skill that deals massive area damage. Not particularly original, but it reflects Ashbite's theme of raw, unmatched power well enough. The option of strategical use of the skill on the desired targets is provided by the "skill is ready animation" this ability possesses.

Feast (A tweak on Feast)(Active, 18s)
Suddenly dives down upon an enemy, removing 30/40/50% of their HP and replenishing Ashbite's HP by the amount of HP taken from the enemy. (Example: So, if the enemy had 600 HP originally and still had full HP, then it would lose 300 HP when this is maxed out. Ashbite would gain 300 HP, the amount dealt to the enemy.) If the enemy is killed, then additionally to the HP gain, Ashbite will also gain 50% of the killed enemy's attack damage for the next 5/6/7 attacks. Note: Can only be used on an enemy directly underneath Ashbite. Also, Ashbite's eyes will glow intensely when the skill is ready to be used.

It's percentages will make it exceptionally good in endless challenges. Also a powerful heal and damage buff if used correctly. Again, skilled players will use it strategically, rallying Ashbite above the desired target just as they're informed when the skill is available.

Transfixing Haze (Replacing Fiery Mist)(Active, 24s)
Ashbite breathes out smoke for 4s. Any enemies touched by the smoke while Ashbite is exhaling it are stunned for the duration of the smog's existence. The mist stays on the path for 8s after Ashbite is finished breathing it out. Any enemies that walk through the smoke after Ashite has exhaled it take 15/20/25 DPS while they're in it. They're also blinded and unable to use ranged attacks. The stunned enemies, on the other hand, take 25/30/35 DPS.

A powerful stun and DPS skill. It can be, like the two skills before it, used strategically, but in a different way. Players that are observant of the skill's description will use it as a shield against ranged units for Ashbite, as a means of keeping him in battle even when on low HP.

Sea of Flames (Replacing Wildfire Barrage)(Active, 33s)
For 8/10/12s, Ashbite simply pours massive waves of fire out of his mouth. The path beneath him is set alight wherever he goes for a duration of 10s. Deals 10/20/30 DPS.

A massively powerful skill that, if used well, can deal thousands of damage in one activation. However, if used poorly, Ashbite will simply set everything beneath him on fire, neither covering nearly as much area as it could nor dealing as much damage as is possible.

Conflagration (Name change and overall tweak on Reign of Fire)(Passive)
All fire based skills and attacks put out by Ashbite deal 4/8/12 DPS for 3/4/5s. Each enemy killed by this skill gives Ashbite +5/7/9 damage for 7s.
Note: The DPS of this skill stacks onto the DPS of all of Ashbite's other DPS skills.

Powerful and very cost effective. Recommended to be bought before Ashbite's other skills.

Coming soon: Bolin 2.0

And as always, feedback is greatly appreciated. :hero:
Last edited by Ninja on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:55 am, edited 29 times in total.
:hero:
User

Re: Heroes 2.0

by AerisDraco » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:24 pm

The idea and the hero are pretty cool. But, and I'm very, very, very, very, very sorry that I mentioned this, but the long-short-long-short format hurts very badly on my eyes.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:38 pm

Long-short-long-short format? I tried very hard to make the lines meet up evenly, I'll have you know.
I'll admit it isn't perfect, but its the best I can do and I thought it looked pretty good. Can't we confine
the completely off-topic argument about my posting format to the "Origins 2" thread? :x

P.S. I'm not actually as angry as that smiley implies, it's simply the most appropriate smiley I could find.
The emotion that I was actually trying to convey was mild annoyance.
Last edited by Ninja on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:20 am

I think I know what it is. (Just theory) While it may line up in editing, the forums have that tendency to change the format after submitting.

Yeah, I know. More smilies=more better
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:23 am

AerisDraco wrote:I think I know what it is. (Just theory) While it may line up in editing, the forums have that tendency to change the format after submitting.

Well, that very well may be the problem, but I can't really fix that. ;)

AerisDraco wrote:Yeah, I know. More smilies=more better

Truth in its highest form. :D
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:07 am

Such a brilliant idea! I wish you had this by me first so we could possibly make it together. I'm very tempted now to make a thread like this of my own, with my own views of how I'd "perfect" the heroes. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:08 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Such a brilliant idea! I wish you had this by me first so we could possibly make it together. I'm very tempted now to make a thread like this of my own, with my own views of how I'd "perfect" the heroes. :)

Thanks. I'm totally fine with you helping me make it up, BTW. If you're interested, PM me. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:12 am

The problem is that I have different visions than you do. Trying to coalesce our ideas may make the final product worse than before, or at least still flawed, ruining the original point. I think 2 separate threads would be better. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:18 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:The problem is that I have different visions than you do. Trying to coalesce our ideas may make the final product worse than before, or at least still flawed, ruining the original point. I think 2 separate threads would be better. ;)

I guess that's true. But 2 separate threads would seem so redundant. (And I HATE redundancy. :x )

P.S. As usual when I use that smiley, I'm conveying minor annoyance, not true anger. :mrgreen:
User

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:06 am

So, what do you think of Alric 2.0, BBB? Do ya' like the new skills? Is he balanced? Is he perfect?!!11! :P
User

by Juice Box » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:43 am

Yup, superfond of this idea. Really enjoy the concept of recreating hero abilities according to how we like them.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 am

Nooooooooo!

That was my idea for rejuvenating heroes!

I had Venegeful Reg'Son on a word document and ready to go. I also had a more Cthulu-esque Leviathan in the pipeline - I just had to finish my French assemsent (Monday) and I could spellcheck.

God you've got to be kidding me, I can't ever be first to the gun on this forum can I?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:23 pm

No, no you can't.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:19 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Nooooooooo!

That was my idea for rejuvenating heroes!

I had Venegeful Reg'Son on a word document and ready to go. I also had a more Cthulu-esque Leviathan in the pipeline - I just had to finish my French assemsent (Monday) and I could spellcheck.

God you've got to be kidding me, I can't ever be first to the gun on this forum can I?

Well, as I said in my PM to you, if we just ask TaTs to sticky/pin the thread, then
I'll be totally fine with others posting ideas here. :D (On another note: CRAP! Reg-
'son was my next 2.0 hero, guess I'll make him Reg'son 3.0 then. :lol: ) Oh, and if
you want to have your ideas posted in the OP, then I could re-type my heroes into
the "normal" format for posts so as to fit with other people's ideas and look tidy. :)

@Juice Box
Thanks. :D
User

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:50 pm

EDIT!

Actually, I have now decided to change Spiked Armor after all. :P
My brother had a good idea, so I balanced it out and added the
new ability.
Last edited by Ninja on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:11 pm

UPDATE!! :yey: :yey: :yey:

(with Reg'son 2.0! :D )
(My sincerest apologies for the triple-post.)
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:37 pm

I very much like the use of Eldritch Finisher and Eldritch Dominion simply because they supplement his playstyle to such a large extent. I will try to avoid powers like these in my personal adaptation of Reg'Son
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:52 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:I very much like the use of Eldritch Finisher and Eldritch Dominion simply because they supplement his playstyle to such a large extent. I will try to avoid powers like these in my personal adaptation of Reg'Son

Thanks, Kingmaker. :D
Last edited by Ninja on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Zonoro13 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Eldritch Domination is the strongest ability of any in-game or fan hero ever devised, what the fuck were you thinking?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Eldritch Domination is the strongest ability of any in-game or fan hero ever devised; what were you thinking?

Thanks for the advice. I knew it was OP, just not that terribly. I'll nerf it. :)

EDIT: Fixed. :)
Last edited by Ninja on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

Next