Kingdom rush 4 speculation

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Kingdom rush 4 speculation

by SealDarklight » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:09 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Honestly, I want a return to the first KR games' setting. Not the place, but the time, when things were almost entirely medieval without being competelt fantasy like Origins or having so much technology like Frontiers. KR1 has the best balance in my opinion, and seeing some other war elsewhere (maybe beyond the Valoras Sea) occuring at the same time as the war with Vez'nan would be so cool. :D

I agree this the most. It felt more like what I viewed and I liked most if not all enemies because it gives me a good look and feel to these enemies. I'm always nostalgic because the second and third game didn't appealed to me as much as the first game. The feels and the difficulties are the only one that the next sequels lack. The frontiers had a good start with the desert and sunken citadel. Northern feels gave me some cold feel and allot to explore, Vikings, trolls, giants and dark places like an urban legend, grimms fairy tales or Disney woods and even creepy pasta gave me feel with some type of woods where I live in. Also some ruins in the woods would be fun but I don't want to make the game a horror game but more of a grim fascination rather than anything else. I'll show some screen shots.
User

by SJBlood » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm

I was thinking of prince Denas' quote "I left no heirs!" when he dies in Origins. Wouldn't it be cool if his son/daughter was a hero in KR4? :D
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by SealDarklight » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:01 pm

So ill show you some images i got in my mind

Levels

Dark Woods
Spruce Woods with Kylo Ren on It
Winter Land with Winter Castle or Frost Castle

Units

Its the Dark Ghost figure your seeing here on Left not Right thats a Moomin Troll. Groke is obviously an enemy.

Korents and Several Korents

Either
The Movie revenant or Ghosts that are vengefull

Ive got a Cold feel and Including figures from Viking culture and Some other and Also Skyrim dont forget. You´ve probably gonna call it Northern Kingdom Rush but it might not be in the game.
User

by SealDarklight » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:07 pm

good looks of it. Nothing special just heard some Magiv resistant troops, the Medievla settings and the King Denas Children. I also got in my mind some Heroes that resembles the Classes in RPG. A Paladin Hero, A Mage Hero and A Thief Hero. That would be great and also the Mecha or Robot as a Hero.
User

by FancyGhost » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Did you actually wrote that whole thing? WaW you must be rly devoted to the game /E/...
Stay fanzy...
User

by Danny phantom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:02 am

I have some ideas for level environments

-a wetlands environment, possibly similar to the Rising tides expansion in KR frontiers, with varying terrain and Mythical ruins, full of tall grass, lilies, Palm/ cypress trees, with birds, fish, alligators and other swamp creatures, unlike other swamp maps this one is natural and more like a real world wetlands, and enemies can hide underwater at some areas, there's opportunity for boats, foot enemies, swimming enemies, and hidden dangers and monsters that occasionally pop up, similar to the worm Mua'dib in KR frontiers

-a level set in the sewers under the Capitol city of Linrea, the plot would be enemies trying to sneak into the city and Ambush from the sewer system, enemies can travel through pipes and corridors compromising the player's defenses, and water can rush in and pour onto towers and or barracks soldiers, temporarily stopping them from fighting or shooting like when Vez'Nan would put a curse over a tower, and the player would have to tap it repeatedly to free the tower, there's opportunities for giant rats, undead, monsters, and MUTANTS!

-a level set on top of a massive living creature, either benevolent and helpful or evil and a challenge. It could be set on the back of a whale so large it has trees growing on it, and splashes waves with its fins and tail, knocking out enemies or your own towers temporarily, and blows enemies into the air with its blowhole
User

by Danny phantom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:02 am

I have some ideas for level environments

-a wetlands environment, possibly similar to the Rising tides expansion in KR frontiers, with varying terrain and Mythical ruins, full of tall grass, lilies, Palm/ cypress trees, with birds, fish, alligators and other swamp creatures, unlike other swamp maps this one is natural and more like a real world wetlands, and enemies can hide underwater at some areas, there's opportunity for boats, foot enemies, swimming enemies, and hidden dangers and monsters that occasionally pop up, similar to the worm Mua'dib in KR frontiers

-a level set in the sewers under the Capitol city of Linrea, the plot would be enemies trying to sneak into the city and Ambush from the sewer system, enemies can travel through pipes and corridors compromising the player's defenses, and water can rush in and pour onto towers and or barracks soldiers, temporarily stopping them from fighting or shooting like when Vez'Nan would put a curse over a tower, and the player would have to tap it repeatedly to free the tower, there's opportunities for giant rats, undead, monsters, and MUTANTS!

-a level set on top of a massive living creature, either benevolent and helpful or evil and a challenge. It could be set on the back of a whale so large it has trees growing on it, and splashes waves with its fins and tail, knocking out enemies or your own towers temporarily, and blows enemies into the air with its blowhole
User

by RZRider » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:57 pm

You play as the enemy. I know this for a fact. I hacked into their super high tech mainframe, using a compile of programs known only by me, and I am completely untraceable.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by ShaDowAn » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:21 pm

I created a small level on the igloo idea.

Red dots : Igloo Troops [50 gold each, HP : 50, ATK : 10, DEF: none, Special ability : Have a 20% chance to stun enemies]

Blue cubes : Level Exits [Or whatever they are called]

Purple cubes : Level Entrances [Enemies come from there]

Gray lines : Level Path [Enemies walk on it, duh]

Brown cubes : Strategic Points [Towers go there.]

No secondary hero.

I go by Wintrytale or Wintry now.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:51 am

RZRider wrote:I am completely untraceable.

By stating that, you've made it untrue. ;)

Danny phantom wrote:I have some ideas for level environments

I'm surprised you didn't suggest a Ghost Zone stage considering your username. :D I like these ideas a lot, especially the last one. We know little about the Grootslang (the monster in Crystal Lakes that breathes purple mist), so it's possible that it has giant brethren capable of carrying entire structures on their backs. Perhaps there could even be a limit to how many AOE attacks can be used in the level before the monster reacts and starts destroying troops and towers. :twisted:
BBB

by Sinque Productions » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 am

Personally, I would like some resistance to what I believe are aliens at the KRF plot line for KR4. Maybe the final few levels are on a spaceship. Actually if Iron Marines continued the alien and red gem story line I would be happy.

I like the idea of all races together earlier, where they create the red gem, but not yet. Two prequels in a series of four games seems awkward.

So overall, I like the idea of a separate battle somewhere else at the time of the original game. As long as it has some interaction with red gem. Because the red gem is the big item in the KR series. This also has the advantage of being somewhat more likely, since the beta testers of the KRF steam edition received a KR4 image teaser. It contained a windmill that was very similar to original KR one with a farmer saying "Something big is coming and it's not a storm" or something like that. Sadly I cannot find the image to show it.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Harkmen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:32 pm

I feel pretty late to the party for this discussion, but I figured I should throw my ideas here. Better late than never, right?

As overly ambitious as this might sound, I had the thought of KR4 (or future installments) featuring both a hero storyline (following the inhabitants of Linirea + allies) AND a villain one (following Vez'nan and his revived army). You would be able to start with either campaign however you like, but chronologically the game would start with the villain's storyline, and the hero's would begin just as the villain campaign finishes.

I see you guys have made many suggestions with towers, units and heroes, and I've got no real objections to them, but I thought I could include some potential villain towers and units to the topic, starting now:

Archers: Skeleton Archers (Levels 1/2/3)

Path 1: Skull Legion (230) -- Picked from the fallen corpses of elite archers while alive, this team of 3 are good for dealing with hordes of weaker enemies
Damage: 20-28
Range: Great
Attack Rate: Fast
Upgrades:
Bone Launcher (200 / 200 / 200): Launches a pile of bones at ground enemies, dealing 100-135 / 125-170 / 150-205 AOE damage. Bones will reassemble to form 2 / 3 / 4 skeletons to fight enemies
*Health: 50
*Damage: 4-9
*Armor Rating: 10%
*Magic Resistance: None
Warning Shot (150 / 150 / 150) -- Fires an arrow that silences up to 2 / 4 / 6 enemies within a small radius from the arrow.

Path 2: Hatchet Throwers (230) -- Seasoned Trolls that have pledged allegiance to Vez’nan for a chance at revenge against the forces of Liniria, they are good at handling handful of enemies weak or strong.
Damage: 30-40
Range: Long
Attack Rate: Average
Upgrades:
Frostbite (200 / 150 / 150) -- Each thrown hatchet has a 25% / 30% / 35% chance to freeze an enemy for 2 / 4 / 6 seconds
Heavyweight Hatchets (300 / 250) -- Hatchets reduce enemy armor by 20% / 40%

Barracks: Demon Soldiers (Levels 1/2/3 -- Will have low physical and magic resistance by Level 3)

Path 1: Dark Knights (275) -- Powerful champions of dark power. Due to heavy losses from the last war against the Heroes of Linirea, Dark Knight squads start with 2 individuals at a time.
Health: 250
Damage: 25-35
Armor Rating: 70%
Magic Resistance: None
Upgrades:
Cursed Blade (200/150/150)--Deals 25-65/55-95/85-125 Damage and "curses" the enemy, lowering their damage output by 5/10/15%
Dark Captain (300)--Adds a third, stronger Dark Knight with 300 health, 29-43 damage, and 80% physical armor rating. This unit will prioritize the strongest enemies.
Dreadful Presence (150/100/100) -- Enemies within a small radius from the Dark Knights take up to 10 / 15 / 20 additional damage from both Dark Knights and other towers.

*I know this sounds pretty overpowered right now, but the general idea here is that Dark Knights are physical powerhouses, even by fully upgraded barracks standards. The catch is that they are near-completely vulnerable to magic enemies, which might become more frequent encounters in later levels, and need other towers to help mitigate that threat.

Path 2: Spider Summoner (250) -- Demons that are not very strong on their own, but can summon 2 large spiders to fight alongside them. Rumors have it that the spiders they summon are either related to or are surviving sons of Sarlegaz.
Health: 175 (Summoner) / 300 (Spiders)
Damage: 13-21 (*Magic -- can attack from range) (Summoner) / 20-31 (Spiders)
Armor Rating: None (Summoner) / 35% (Spider)
Magic Resistance: 40% (Summoner) / 30% (Spider)
Upgrades:
Toxic Bite (200/150/150) -- Spiders poison enemies with each attack for 3-12 / 5-15 / 8-19 damage per second for 5 seconds)
Born Killers (200/200) -- Spiders produce 1 / 2 spiderlings at a time to fight enemies. Respawn 10 seconds after active spiderlings are defeated.
*Health: 80
*Damage: 4-9 (Venom Bite upgrade: 6-9 damage per second)
*Armor rating: 10%
*Magic Resistance: 10%
Sticky Ground (100/100/100) -- Spiders shoot webs along the ground in front of them to slow enemies for 3/5/7 seconds

Mages: Dark Wizards (Levels 1/2/3)

Path 1: Corrupt Warlock (300) – Human adepts seduced by dark power, these Warlocks have learned many nasty tricks to sow chaos, including a passive ability that slows enemy attack rate by 20% when hit.
Damage: 54-100
Attack Rate: Slow
Upgrades:
Corrupting Charm (275 / 275 / 275) -- Warlocks will "charm" 1 / 2 / 3 random enemies into fighting for you for 6 / 9 / 12 seconds or until they are defeated.
Berserk Charm (200 / 200 / 200) -- Infuses nearby units (except for Heroes) with magic that increases their damage by 8 / 12 / 16 and magic resistance by 15% / 20% / 25% for 10 seconds.

Path 2: Flareon Twins (300) – Remnants of Moloch’s demonic Legion, Flareons will throw fireballs at enemies that burn for more agonizing pain.
Damage: 14-28 (+ burn damage for additional 10-20 per second for 5 seconds)
Upgrades:
Infernal Purge (300 / 200 / 150) -- Flareon Twins will create and throw a massive fireball together, dealing 90-130 / 110-155 / 135-180 damage in a large radius and burn targets.
Choking Haze (200 / 150 / 150) -- Flareon Twins will spew a thick smoke that slows and damages up to 6 enemies for 10 / 20 / 30 damage.

Artillery: Orc Catapult (Levels 1/2/3)

Path 1: Orc Bombers (360) -- A team of two goblins that throw handheld bombs to assault unsuspecting enemies.
Damage: 20-44
Upgrades:
Kamikaze (350 / 350) -- Calls in 2 / 4 goblin jetpack riders that suicide bomb target location, dealing 40-85 damage each. This ability must be manually activated, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds
Ordinance Handling (250 / 250 / 250) -- Increases rate of attack by 10% / 20% / 30% and damage by an additional 7 / 14 / 21

Path 2: Forest Titan (375) -- A giant Forest Troll that creates shockwaves to damage enemies in an AOE radius
Damage: 45-95
Attack Rate: Very Slow
Upgrades:
Shocking Might (300 / 200 / 200) -- Periodically throws a large boulder at ground enemies, dealing 120 / 180 / 240 AOE damage and stunning for 1 / 1.5 / 2 seconds.
Free Meal (400 / 250 / 250) -- Forest Titan grabs and eats a single enemy, instantly killing it. Cooldown of 20 / 16 / 12 seconds

Active AOE spell: Shadow Arrows -- deals damage in an area and has 20% chance of causing “fear,” forcing affected enemies to travel back the path for 4 seconds (“fear” chance is increased with upgrade)

Reinforcements: Bandits (Start off stronger than reinforcements in the past KR games, but you must pay a little bit of money to summon them [10-15 coins], but eventually you can get a reinforcement upgrade that summons them for free [called "Grudge-holders"]

*I admit to getting a bit lazy by the time I started writing the artillery section. But in either case, here ends my set of villain tower and unit ideas for upcoming Kingdom Rush games. I hope they’re intriguing enough, and I definitely encourage feedback and suggestions! I might come back for Hero ideas of my own later on.
User

by Rush the kingdom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:12 am

Harkmen wrote:I feel pretty late to the party for this discussion, but I figured I should throw my ideas here. Better late than never, right?

As overly ambitious as this might sound, I had the thought of KR4 (or future installments) featuring both a hero storyline (following the inhabitants of Linirea + allies) AND a villain one (following Vez'nan and his revived army). You would be able to start with either campaign however you like, but chronologically the game would start with the villain's storyline, and the hero's would begin just as the villain campaign finishes.

I see you guys have made many suggestions with towers, units and heroes, and I've got no real objections to them, but I thought I could include some potential villain towers and units to the topic, starting now:

Archers: Skeleton Archers (Levels 1/2/3)

Path 1: Skull Legion (230) -- Picked from the fallen corpses of elite archers while alive, this team of 3 are good for dealing with hordes of weaker enemies
Damage: 20-28
Upgrades:
Bone Launcher (200 / 200 / 200): Launches a pile of bones at ground enemies, dealing 100-135 / 125-170 / 150-205 AOE damage. Bones will reassemble to form 2 / 3 / 4 skeletons to fight enemies
*Health: 50
*Damage: 4-9
*Armor Rating: 10%
*Magic Resistance: None
Warning Shot (150 / 150 / 150) -- Fires an arrow that silences up to 2 / 4 / 6 enemies within a small radius from the arrow.

Path 2: Hatchet Throwers (230) -- Seasoned Trolls that have pledged allegiance to Vez’nan for a chance at revenge against the forces of Liniria, they are good at handling handful of enemies weak or strong.
Damage: 30-40
Upgrades:
Frostbite (200 / 150 / 150) -- Each thrown hatchet has a 25% / 30% / 35% chance to freeze an enemy for 2 / 4 / 6 seconds
Heavyweight Hatchets (300 / 250) -- Hatchets reduce enemy armor by 20% / 40%

Barracks: Demon Soldiers (Levels 1/2/3 -- Will have low physical and magic resistance by Level 3)

Path 1: Dark Knights (275) -- Powerful champions of dark power. Due to heavy losses from the last war against the Heroes of Linirea, Dark Knight squads start with 2 individuals at a time.
Health: 250
Damage: 25-35
Armor Rating: 70%
Magic Resistance: None
Upgrades:
Cursed Blade (200/150/150)--Deals 25-65/55-95/85-125 Damage and "curses" the enemy, lowering their damage output by 5/10/15%
Dark Captain (300)--Adds a third, stronger Dark Knight with 300 health, 29-43 damage, and 80% physical armor rating. This unit will prioritize the strongest enemies.
Dreadful Presence (150/100/100) -- Enemies within a small radius from the Dark Knights take up to 10 / 15 / 20 additional damage from both Dark Knights and other towers.

*I know this sounds pretty overpowered right now, but the general idea here is that Dark Knights are physical powerhouses, even by fully upgraded barracks standards. The catch is that they are near-completely vulnerable to magic enemies, which might become more frequent encounters in later levels, and need other towers to help mitigate that threat.

Path 2: Spider Summoner (250) -- Demons that are not very strong on their own, but can summon 2 large spiders to fight alongside them. Rumors have it that the spiders they summon are either related to or are surviving sons of Sarlegaz.
Health: 175 (Summoner) / 300 (Spiders)
Damage: 13-21 (*Magic -- can attack from range) (Summoner) / 20-31 (Spiders)
Armor Rating: None (Summoner) / 35% (Spider)
Magic Resistance: 40% (Summoner) / 30% (Spider)
Upgrades:
Toxic Bite (200/150/150) -- Spiders poison enemies with each attack for 3-12 / 5-15 / 8-19 damage per second for 5 seconds)
Born Killers (200/200) -- Spiders produce 1 / 2 spiderlings at a time to fight enemies. Respawn 10 seconds after active spiderlings are defeated.
*Health: 80
*Damage: 4-9 (Venom Bite upgrade: 6-9 damage per second)
*Armor rating: 10%
*Magic Resistance: 10%
Sticky Ground (100/100/100) -- Spiders shoot webs along the ground in front of them to slow enemies for 3/5/7 seconds

Mages: Dark Wizards (Levels 1/2/3)

Path 1: Corrupt Warlock (300) – Human adepts seduced by dark power, these Warlocks have learned many nasty tricks to sow chaos, including a passive ability that slows enemy attack rate by 20% when hit.
Damage: 54-100
Attack Rate: Slow
Upgrades:
Corrupting Charm (275 / 275 / 275) -- Warlocks will "charm" 1 / 2 / 3 random enemies into fighting for you for 6 / 9 / 12 seconds or until they are defeated.
Berserk Charm (200 / 200 / 200) -- Infuses nearby units (except for Heroes) with magic that increases their damage by 8 / 12 / 16 and magic resistance by 15% / 20% / 25% for 10 seconds.

Path 2: Flareon Twins (300) – Remnants of Moloch’s demonic Legion, Flareons will throw fireballs at enemies that burn for more agonizing pain.
Damage: 14-28 (+ burn damage for additional 10-20 per second for 5 seconds)
Upgrades:
Infernal Purge (300 / 200 / 150) -- Flareon Twins will create and throw a massive fireball together, dealing 90-130 / 110-155 / 135-180 damage in a large radius and burn targets.
Choking Haze (200 / 150 / 150) -- Flareon Twins will spew a thick smoke that slows and damages up to 6 enemies for 10 / 20 / 30 damage.

Artillery: Orc Catapult (Levels 1/2/3)

Path 1: Orc Bombers (360) -- A team of two goblins that throw handheld bombs to assault unsuspecting enemies.
Damage: 20-44
Upgrades:
Kamikaze (350 / 350) -- Calls in 2 / 4 goblin jetpack riders that suicide bomb target location, dealing 40-85 damage each. This ability must be manually activated, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds
Ordinance Handling (250 / 250 / 250) -- Increases rate of attack by 10% / 20% / 30% and damage by an additional 7 / 14 / 21

Path 2: Forest Titan (375) -- A giant Forest Troll that creates shockwaves to damage enemies in an AOE radius
Damage: 45-95
Attack Rate: Very Slow
Upgrades:
Shocking Might (300 / 200 / 200) -- Periodically throws a large boulder at ground enemies, dealing 120 / 180 / 240 AOE damage and stunning for 1 / 1.5 / 2 seconds.
Free Meal (400 / 250 / 250) -- Forest Titan grabs and eats a single enemy, instantly killing it. Cooldown of 20 / 16 / 12 seconds

Active AOE spell: Shadow Arrows -- deals damage in an area and has 20% chance of causing “fear,” forcing affected enemies to travel back the path for 4 seconds (“fear” chance is increased with upgrade)

Reinforcements: Bandits (Start off stronger than reinforcements in the past KR games, but you must pay a little bit of money to summon them [10-15 coins], but eventually you can get a reinforcement upgrade that summons them for free [called "Grudge-holders"]

*I admit to getting a bit lazy by the time I started writing the artillery section. But in either case, here ends my set of villain tower and unit ideas for upcoming Kingdom Rush games. I hope they’re intriguing enough, and I definitely encourage feedback and suggestions! I might come back for Hero ideas of my own later on.

Let's see...

Out with the shadow archers, in with the skeletons! Their silence ability looks pretty handy against magic enemies, and bone launcher can establish a choke point while dealing nice damage!

Hatchet throwers look good for taking on tougher enemies, with heavy damage, armor reduction, and freezing.

Dark knights have a powerful skill set, and the reduction to two at a time is a lore friendly way to balance it out.

Spiders look good for disrupting and debuffing the enemy.

The passive, the corruption, and the buffing add up to corrupt warlock being great at supporting your allies.

I've always loved damage over time, and the flareon duo look like they packed a lot.

The Orc bombers (wouldn't it be goblin bombers?) just look good at dealing a ton of damage.

Forest Titan looks like an answer to the DWAARP; a unit that trades damage for crowd control.

Teleportation and tornadoes are for pansies! Why use all that when you can just INTIMIDATE your foes into walking away from you? Get shadow arrows today!

The gold mechanic is interesting. I imagine that for the final upgrade that grants them a ranged attack, they become pillagers? (Or whatever those armored bandits who threw spikes balls were called)

Hope you do more!
For the kingdom!
User

by Moloch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Such awesome speculations and magnifisant ideas, it would be great to have it on the battle field. Good on you bro
Simple curious little Elvish youngling who willingly got lost in the vast universe of Edih'Nori
Ask me about anything related to Kingdom Rush. I've beaten it on normal when I was 9 (2k11)
I have KR and KRF on Android and Steam and KRO on Iphone
User

Previous