Finishing Touches to Kingdom Rush

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Finishing Touches to Kingdom Rush

by kevin32 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 pm

In my zeal to express How I Really Feel About Kingdom Rush, I neglected to address exactly what specific content I felt would make the game complete. Of all the suggestions I've made for Kingdom Rush, this one is the most important and has a greatest impact in terms of longevity for the series. And it's all about boosting replay value for the stages.

Our story begins in the form of creating challenges that uses the same stages and enemies, and therefore doesn't require creating a new engine or even new content. All that's really being modified is changing the conditions for completing a stage. The challenges I recommend are:

1. Max tower upgrades for earlier levels

2. Longer challenges for maxing all towers on all points

3. Multiple Campaign/Heroic/Iron challenges for the same stage

The above suggestions is what I feel is a good start for boosting replay value, and making the games "complete" in my opinion.
Last edited by kevin32 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

Re: Finishing Touches to Kingdom Rush

by wailwail » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Are those suggestions? Cuz all I see is 4 sentences and some EPIC fan art...
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by naossano » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Instead of maxing all towers, it would be nice to have a "replay" option, even after you lost, so you can rewatch how you played, what worked great, what didn't, what was useless, etc...
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:16 pm

I like maxing all towers. It gives a sense of accomplishment. Nice work. I am in full support for this.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:40 pm

I like all of these ideas and thing they all have a place in the game, although we wouldn't get much variety from different Iron Challenges unless the waves were constantly altered, and I think having 17, like shown in the example, would be too much work for the devs. Afterall, I only olay the challenges for the stars, then go back to the campaigns. Perhaps a little bonus could be added to challenges to make them just as fun as normal missions, such as an environmental bonus and/or drastically changing the positioning of Strategic Points.
BBB

by Grifte » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:27 pm

Really like point 1 and 2.

Theoretically u can do point 2 by using the gold bags, yet that ruins a bit of the natural flow of the level.

Point 3 seems too much hassle for the devs to be fair, to create such an amount of challenges. Maybe implement part of the Endless mechanics by a 'random Iron/Heroic' challenge where every time a new variety of monsters enters the arena?
User

by xstargaming » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm a fan of suggestions 2 and 3; 1 seems unnecessary by my perspective. Also, nice artwork! :D
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:08 pm

xstargaming wrote:1 seems unnecessary by my perspective.

It is unnecessary, but would make it really fun to replay the early missions and see what we can do to mess with enemies! :twisted:
BBB