Kingdom Rush Battles..?(PvP)

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Kingdom Rush Battles..?(PvP)

by FiskeAgent007 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:10 pm

The maps that you can play on will have two sides, i have made this quick example of what a map could look like:
(I do know that is image is very poorly made, but i suck at this kind of stuff)

There are two players against each other, one on the left side and the other one on the right side, you can only build towers at your own side.
Both players starts with 25 lives and 550 gold.
Both players also start with 325 income, you will get income every 25 seconds.

There will be rounds, you cannot start a round early no matter what, but the rounds will start being easy and then suddenly turn very hard(to make it so a game cannot last forever).

You will have a menu that you can open and close where you can send monsters at your opponent, the more and stronger the monsters costs the higher income you will get by sender the monster.

After you click to send a monster there will go some time before the monster will be send, the time between the monster gets send is different from each monster, such as there can be some goblins that can be send every 2 second and some other goblins that costs more(and give you more income), but can be send every 0.5 second.

There will be different tiers of troops, such as you start with the tier 1 troops wich could be Goblins, Orges, Wolfes ect. Then after you get enough money you can upgrade to tier 2 troops wich could be the snow trolls, the spiders, the snow wolfes ect, sending tier 2 troops at your opponent would ofcourse cost more, but also give you more income than tier 1 troops.
And then finally tier 3 troops wich could be the demon troops.

TL:DR
The Kingdom Rush Version of Bloons Tower Defense Battles.

I really hope that you like my idea, if you have any questions or thinks that something is bad or missing please tell me instead of just straight up saying "this is bad and this sucks and i am a wolf".
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Battles..?(PvP)

by kevin32 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:38 am

PVP sounds interesting, but I'm not so sure about the split screen idea. Each player's territory would be so narrow they wouldn't have much space to build towers, nor would they have enough time to deal damage to incoming enemies. For greater flexibility, I think each player should have their own map, but those maps are connected together in some way, sorta like this:

User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:24 am

I like everything but the enemy mechanic. Why would stronger enemies have better stats, appear more quickly, and give a highe income? Stronger foes, like Ogres or Magma Elementals, should take longer to send out, but have the possibility of spending a smaller price to boost their cooldown so that they can be spammed for more gold. That would be more balanced and have more depth, in my opinion.
BBB

by Magnus0 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 am

This is completely stolen from bloons td battles. It's exactely the same, not just 'a version of'.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by FiskeAgent007 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:12 pm

kevin32 wrote:PVP sounds interesting, but I'm not so sure about the split screen idea. Each player's territory would be so narrow they wouldn't have much space to build towers, nor would they have enough time to deal damage to incoming enemies. For greater flexibility, I think each player should have their own map, but those maps are connected together in some way, sorta like this:

That could actully be really good, way better than the image that i showed.

Big Bad Bug wrote:I like everything but the enemy mechanic. Why would stronger enemies have better stats, appear more quickly, and give a highe income? Stronger foes, like Ogres or Magma Elementals, should take longer to send out, but have the possibility of spending a smaller price to boost their cooldown so that they can be spammed for more gold. That would be more balanced and have more depth, in my opinion.

What i dont like about Bloons Tower Defense Battles is that you get punishment for sending stronger forces at your opponent.

Such as, if you're going to send 8 red bloons, that will give you +1 income, but they cost 25$, so you have to get income again 25 times before you can say that it was worth sending thoose bloons, but most of the time a game doesnt last long enough to get income 25 times.. In my opinion, Bloons Tower Defense is pretty much just saving up and then rush your opponent with bloons(monsters), if your opponent defends the rush(wich he mostly dont) then you have pretty much lost the game because you wasted all of your money on that rush, but if your bloons(monsters) gets through your opponent then you win.

There are some bloons that you can send at your opponent that are "so strong" that you actully will lose income by sending them, such as sending a BFB makes it so you lose all of your income.
But if most people want it, then i guess that it would be fine if you get less income for sending bigger monsters at your opponent.

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:This is completely stolen from bloons td battles. It's exactely the same, not just 'a version of'.

No it isnt, Kingdom Rush and Bloons Tower Defense is alredy really different games, i personally like Kingdom Rush the most because it forces you to play different in each level, meanwhile Bloons Tower Defense is just the same over and over again with banana farms and super monkeys all the way.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't want to lose income for sending in bigger units. Especially since bigger enemies are so easily countered in all 3 games. They should give the most income but also cost really high numbers. What kind of balancing do you think the prices and income of enemies should have?
BBB

by FiskeAgent007 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I don't want to lose income for sending in bigger units. Especially since bigger enemies are so easily countered in all 3 games. They should give the most income but also cost really high numbers. What kind of balancing do you think the prices and income of enemies should have?

Hm, if you give me some time(alot of time) i might be able to come up with something, i've always been bad at balancing things so....
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:50 pm

We can probably think of something ourselves. Even then, I doubt that it will ever be implemented. :(
BBB