KRO hero idea

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: KRO hero idea

by Ninja » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Anorak wrote:A chance of something to happen can be fun, but when it happens it better be awesome. If it only has a 5 or 6 percent chance when it happens i want it to be awesome.

And ninja, a .001 chance is not a 0 percent chance. Its a .001 percent chance. A percent chance does not mean it will happen once every thousand as you said. It could happen every single time, or you could do it a million times and never get it. Thats the disadvange of percent chances.

No,an 0.001% chance will,more often than not,happen once every 1000 times.
That's just how the numbers work out. ;)
:hero:
User

by Anorak » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm

I think its actually once every 10,000 times. ;) Thats not how percentages work. ;) That what is should happen, once ever 1000, but more often than not it isnt. ;) You cant just have him die 1000 times and the next time he will turn into bonehart. ;) You could get it on you first try, or your 10000000000000000th. ;) Percentages dont mean, it is definaly going to happen every 1000 times. ;) You could die 10000000 times, but the next time you die your chance to turn into bonehaet is still .001. ;)
User

by Lord of all evil » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:02 pm

I doubt a mechanic with a 0.001 chance to happen would be used, the lowest percentage should be 5%, so it is practical and can be enjoyed. Using a 0.001 chance mechanic is a waste of the mechanic
User

by Anorak » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Its not a mechinic anymore. It is gone.
User

by Ninja » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Anorak wrote:I think its actually once every 10,000 times. ;) Thats not how percentages work. ;) That what is should happen, once ever 1000, but more often than not it isnt. ;) You cant just have him die 1000 times and the next time he will turn into bonehart. ;) You could get it on you first try, or your 10000000000000000th. ;) Percentages dont mean, it is definaly going to happen every 1000 times. ;) You could die 10000000 times, but the next time you die your chance to turn into bonehaet is still .001. ;)

Actually,it is every 1000 times.It doesn't necessarily happen at the end of 1000 deaths,
but it will,almost certainly,happen at some point in those 1000 deaths.That is how it works. ;)
User

by Anorak » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:39 pm

Not, that is not how it works. A percentage mean every time something happens there is a chance for something else to happen to. Lets say you flip a coin 10 times. Does it land on heads 5 time and tails 5 times? Sometimes. But more often then not its 6 heads and 4 tails or 7 tails and 3 heads or something else. But accoriding to you, every time you flip a coin 10 times it should always be 5 heads, and 5 tails, because thats what percentages say.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:44 pm

How about you research how probability works and continue this when you're done? :P
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Or how about the two of you to promise to not use pointless things that will never happen (no offence Anorak, but while it is a cool idea, making it an actual part of his playstyle would be far cooler than a never-will-happen cameo) and instead of focus on using heroes with a mixture of unique and powerful active abilities and useful passives that maximise a heroes playstyle while also being equally unique and powerful.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Anorak » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Have you read my entire hero idea? It has all of that.
User

by Ninja » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:16 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Or how about the two of you to promise to not use pointless things that will never happen (no offence Anorak, but while it is a cool idea, making it an actual part of his playstyle would be far cooler than a never-will-happen cameo) and instead of focus on using heroes with a mixture of unique and powerful active abilities and useful passives that maximise a heroes playstyle while also being equally unique and powerful.

A 4% chance to do a large AoE instakill is not useless. ;) (That's what my idea has.)
And people have had pretty good reactions to my heroes,too.
And yes,Anorak should make it useful instead of a "never-will-happen cameo".
So,what was the point of your post here other than to state the already-stated? :|
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:12 pm

I must restate something, too: The 4% chance that your tower has is as poorly designed as the deleted Bonehart transformation of Anorak's hero.

I don't want to keep hammering a nail into thin air, but I'm hoping that something will eventually materialise in your head that convinces you that a rare chance per attack to wipe an area of all enemies is horribly imbalanced. With luck, you can't say whether it's OP or UP because it depends on the player. However, for normal attacks to deal mediocre damage and occasionally perform an area instakill -something that only the 999 Gem items are capable of- is imbalanced in the sense that the attacks are too weak on their own and the possible effect is too strong.

Think about the bleed effect of archers. It makes sense that the fastest-shooting tower would have a chance to deal more damage, but the power is still lacking because it doesn't stack, which counters the concept of using the quick speed to your advantage, because it may reset the bleed effect by only a fraction of a second and then never afflict the enemy again. It would be much cooler to stack the bleed effects, and merely have the bleed itself be less potent in damage, to further push the idea. Likewise, both chance powers that your tower and Anorak's hero have could potentially be really cool ideas, but right now, both are extremely rare (one more than the other) and will so drastically change the map when they do occur that they're imbalanced.
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Once again I feel adding to the flowing words of BBB would detract from them, but I'll do my best.

To add to the bleed point, think of Bruce's bleeding ability. It deals little damage on its own, but has a 25% chance, which is pretty much the perfect number for a chance based passive. It also stacks with the archer bleed, which is nice.
Like, I said it deals little damage, but makes his normal attacks deal far more damage than normal. This maximises his capability as a duellist, as well as looking cool and having no cooldown, making it versatile and incredibly useful.

Similarly, while it does not "maximise" potential per se, Reg'Son's heal works far better than a regular X over Y seconds as it gives the player more investment in him and what he does, and looks pretty cool too. Whereas a stat passive has no noticeable affect, or an upon death something or other almost ask the player to ignore their hero and let them die, really isn't the best. I want to get invested in my hero about what they are doing, not ignore them and let them die.

Obnoxious, multi-interpretable annoying winky face.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:50 pm

I appreciate your agreement, Kingmaker. Never hesitate to add on to others' thoughts, you can further solidify and clarify ideas. :)

Anorak, your hero as a whole is a nice idea, especially with the concept of the rider surviving, which is supplemented by the dragon losing HP from using some of the abilities. I do feel like some of the abilities could be more cohesive with the overall playstyle, though, since one power is a ripoff of Disease Nova but less cool or sensible. Make some edits to the non-HP draining skills to make them all contribute to the idea of a dragon rider whose dragon dies and leaves him on the ground, and the hero will be perfect. :D
BBB

by Anorak » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Updated hero, new skills. Hope you like these new ones better BBB!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Hero Spells should always be capable of usage, even when the heroes are dead, but this one requires your hero to be alive.

Death Summons is a commonly seen damage & stun skill, but it has that nice, glistening layer of originality with the way it's executed that makes it seem really cool. I don't mind skills being the same as others as long as they work well with the playstyle and are still cool/fun powers. This one doesn't seem to contribute to the idea of the dragon dying and leaving the hero vulnerable, but it does look cool, so it's halfway there. :)
BBB

Previous