My Fan Levels & Stories

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

My Fan Levels & Stories

by Epicazeroth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:11 pm

OK, here's my shot at making a level, based on my anti-hero.
NOTE: There will be multiple parts to "Exterminate the Swarm" (Sarelgaz's Lair being the first part), and maybe some related stages (like how Ruins of Acaroth is related to the first six, sorta.) If you look at the Frozen Highlands, there are 3 plateaus: Sarelgaz's Lair, a small one behind it, and a big one at the back. However, the big one has two smaller cliffs on each side. Zalbrac is on the small one in the middle.
NOTE: All enemies in waves are listed in the order they appear in.
===
Exterminate the Swarm Part 2: Plateau of Shells
General! In the confusion after our fight with Sarelgaz, we failed to explore the caves of the Frozen Highlands. Last month, however, we sent a scouting party, which never returned. When we went to get them, we discovered only their empty, drained bodies and broken equipment. The High Council of Magi has been examining this ever since, and they have discovered the cause: There are no Spider Queens, only the Heads of the Swarm. The King has since ordered an Extermination of the Swarm. Now we march to the home of Zalbrac, Lord of Beetles. Beware, though, since to reach Zalbrac we will have to fight through the treacherous Mountain Trolls that live there, and only specially trained troops can stand the extreme cold. We are, however, fortunate in that the secret society tasked to keep back the Swarm happens to be stationed near us.
-
There are 12 waves, which are specified later in the post.
-
Map: Don't know yet, but it'll be prettylong, 2 spawn points and another in the middle, with a campsite in the upper right hand corner. There are two chokepoints, two paths to the exit, and 14 Strategic Points.
-
Returning Enemies:

Winter Wolf

Yeti

Troll

Troll Champion

Troll Chieftain
__
New Enemies:

Tamed Yeti:
Description: The Trolls have discovered how to tame the most dangerous of beasts. Already having been able to master the Winter Wolves, they now turn to Yetis for assistance.
Looks: Armored Yeti with spikes on its armor and claws on its gauntlets.
Health: 3,000 with Medium Physical Armor
Attack: 30-42, 5 lives
Speed: Extremely Slow
Abilities:
AoE attack
Slash - 10% chance to make troops bleed (5 damage per second for 10 seconds, negates recovery)

Mountain Boar:
Description: The Trolls have released their captive boars to stampede us!
Looks: Like a boar.
Health: 550 with no Armor
Attack: 20-25, 2 lives
Speed: Medium
Abilities: None

Crag Bear:
Description: Oh no! We have angered the local wildlife and they are set upon destroying our camp!
Looks: A bear, but mixed white and brown.
Health: 730 with no Armor
Attack: 30-57, 2 lives
Abilities:
Untamed - Can switch paths, doesn't head towards exit straightaway

Troll Beserker:
Description: Like their Orc allies, the Trolls have tamed the local wildlife and ride upon them. However, they're a bit more dangerous as they ride Crag Bears.
Looks: Troll Champion riding Crag Bear.
Health: 800 with Medium Physical Armor
Attack: 20-48, 3 lives
Speed: Slow
Abilities:
Regeneration - Same as Troll Champion
Soul Tie - No dismounting (when the Berserker dies, they don't dismount)

Troll Druid:
Description: Attuned with Nature, these Trolls are reluctant to fight, but follow the orders of their Chieftain.
Looks: A Troll with a staff with a frozen top, and a crown of antlers and tusks.
Health: 300 with High Magical Armor
Attack: None
Range: Same as Sorcerer
Abilities:
Attuned - All animals (Beetles not included) in range follow Druid and fight for him
Follower - Only comes right after Troll Chieftain;
Letter of the Law - If all Troll Chieftains die, the Druids and all their current and future* followers switch to your side
*when controlled

Anthropomorphic Beetle:
Description: When the Trolls met with Zalbrac's forces, they allied, each seeing the other's strength could exponentially increase their own. They agreed that each would take some of the other's soldiers and see how they could increase their allies' might by adding their own advancements. The Trolls summoned their Druids and created this fearsome opponent.
Looks: Like a dark blue bipedal Japanese rhinoceros beetle. Four arms.
Health: 430 with Low Physical Armor
Attack: 12-26

Beetle Warrior:
Description: Beetles specifically trained and bred for battle, they blend in with the snow and are a force to reckoned with for all but the stoutest soldiers.
Looks: Like a white bipedal Hercules beetle.
Health: 570 with Medium Physical Armor
Attack: 20-35
Abilities:
Charge - Can bypass an entire Barrack, avoiding damage, while dealing 10 damage to all soldiers it hits

Beetelite:
Description: The only thing worse than this brute's attack is the horrible pun that is its name.
Looks: Like a bipedal Atlas beetle.
Health: 800 with Great Physical Armor
Attack: 52-73
Speed: Fast
Abilities:
Top Priority - Can draw the attention of two soldiers, no matter what

Acid-Flame Beetle:
Description: For ages it was a mystery how these beetle "archers" could hit their mark so well, until it was discovered their mutation bestows cannon-like protrusions on their arms, making their weapons part of them.
Looks: Has the head and thorax of a Hercules beetle, the abdomen of a bombardier beetle, and little cannon-like holes in its arms.
Health: 400 with no Armor
Attack: 40-60
Range: Same as Shadow Archer
Abilities:
Fearsome Arms - Can attack 2 soldiers at once, not only be attack by both
5 DpS

Glorlock:
Description: Flying insectoid mages with the power of light at their command.
Looks: A humanoid firefly, but instead of the glow at the bottom, they have little orbs under their wrists. They have black wings.
Health: 200 with High Magical Resistance
Attack: 30-40 every 2 seconds (orb of light); 70-77 every 9 seconds (bolt of light)
Range: Same as Necromancer
Abilities:
Flash Bang - Blinds all enemies in range and deals 20 AoE damage (20% chance with the orb of light)

Glacial Wyrm:
Description: Dangerous beasts that lurk inside caves in the center of mountains, these creatures are almost impossible to defeat for anyone but the most powerful defenders. Spawns in the middle.
Looks: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb5 ... t_Worm.jpg
Health: 900 with Medium Magical Resistance
Attack: 80-125
=
Boss: Zalbrac the Sacred, Lord of Beetles
Description: Lord of all Beetles, Zalbrac is normally neutral, and was even benevolent to the people of the Azsare Desert. However, uncounted years ago, he was driven out from the Desert and found refuge in the Frozen Highlands. Then, when Vez'nan awoke his cousin Sarelgaz, he too woke up and now is a constant danger to anyone who attempts to traverse the Highlands.
Looks: A gigantic flying scarab beetle with pale rainbow wings.
Health: 9,000, 10% chance of High Physical Armor/High Magic Resistance, 30% chance of x2 damage
Attack: 100-1,000 (50% chance of 100-175)
Speed: Super Slow
===
Returning Towers (NO ARCHERS):

Dwarves (all)

Barracks (no Paladins)

Mage (no Arcane Wizard)

New towers:
For Reference, use Earendel's towers here:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb5 ... oncept.jpg
-
Cyromancer:
Description: The Mages sent to keep at least neutral relationships with the Swarm were unused to the cold climate. As a result, they went back to a special school to learn a unique style of magic allowing them to withstand the extreme cold.
Looks: Earendel's first Mage upgrade.
Tower Type: Magic
Level: 4
Build Cost: 350g
Upgrade Cost: N/A
Damage: 80-150 with 10% chance to freeze
Fire Rate: Slow
Range: Same as Sorcerer
Specials:
Ice Elemental=180g - 1 upgrade, 750 Health, 70-100 Damage, Low Armor, 7 second Respawn, 25% chance to freeze for 3 seconds
Dangerous Terrain - Causes spikes to erupt from the ground in its range, damaging all enemies there; Level 1 20 damage=280g, Level 2 50 damage=120g

War Mountaineer:
Description: These specialized units have mastered the cold environments to the point where they blend in and control the wildlife almost perfectly. Indeed, some have even been taught by Krelorus* and Habel† and all inspire so much trust in their animals that they often fight alongside each other. They defend themselves with metal-studded battle gloves.
Looks: Earendel's last Barrack upgrade, except with a hawk emblem on the shield and the greens replaced by white/light blue camo.
Soldier Looks: Like Musketeers, but with camo outfits and shiny black gloves.
Tower Type: Barracks
Level: 4
Build Cost: 290g
Upgrade Cost: N/A
Damage: 20-27
Soldier Health: 440HP
Armor Level: Medium
Respawn Time: 10 seconds
Specials:
1) Ice Armor - Deals 10 damage to every enemy that hits it (permanent buff)
2) Animal Training - Summons ONE animal: (cooldown 20 seconds
•Gyrefalcon - 30 health, 10 damage - 45% chance
•Hunting Fox - 30 health, 25 damage - 30% chance
•Cliff Worm - 75 health, 40 damage - 17% chance
•Mountain Drake - 200 health, 85 damage - 8% chance
3) War Gauntlets - Adds claws to one of their gloves and a medical compartment to the other (+6 min and max damage, +35 health)
*my Hero
†kilele's Hero
---
Waves:

1:
Troll x 5
Troll Champion x 2
Troll Druid x 2
Troll Chieftain x 1

2:
Troll x 10
Troll Druid x 2
Troll Chieftain x 1
Winter Wolves x 5
Crag Bear x 1

3:
Troll Champion x 4
Troll Chieftain x 2
Troll Druid x 6
Troll Beserker x 2
Winter Wolves x 10
Crag Bear x 2
Mountain Boar x 3
Tamed Yeti x 1

4:
POP-UP: You can now spend 100 gold to buy one Troll Druid at the campsite. Limit 2.
Troll Beserker x 5
Winter Wolves x 10
Crag Bear x 2
Mountain Boar x 3
Tamed Yeti x 2
Yeti x 4

5:
Winter Wolves x 25
Crag Bear x 3
Mountain Boar x 7
Yeti x 2
Glacial Worm x 1

6:
Crag Bear x 12
Mountain Boar x 8
Tamed Yeti x 2
Yeti x 5
Troll x 30

7:
Crag Bear x 13
Mountain Boar x 7
Yeti x 3
Anthropomorphic Beetle x 5

8:
Crag Bear x 4
Mountain Boar x 8
Yeti x 3
Anthropomorphic Beetle x 9

9:
Yeti x 3
Anthropomorphic Beetle x 15
Beetle Warrior x 6

10:
Beetle Warrior x 4
Acid-Flame Beetle x 2

11:
Beetle Warrior x 4
Acid-Flame Beetle x 2
Beetelite x 2

12:
Anthropomorphic Beetle x 8
Beetelite x 3
Acid-Flame Beetle x 4
Zalbrac the Sacred
Glorlock x 4
Glacial Wyrm x 2
~~~~
When Zalbrac is defeated, there is a flash of light, then the "You Won!" screen. If you try to redo the stage, it gives you this, instead of the Heroic and Iron:

Peacekeeper Challenge:
After having driven off the Trolls and calming Zalbrac and restoring peace with his people, we must also defeat one of Zalbrac's generals - Tragsog the Defector - so that the Beetles can live there in peace if they want.
NOTE: There are 5 Beetle Warriors, 2 Fire-Acid Beetles, and 1 Glorlock at both chokepoints.
-
Returning Enemies:

Anthropomorphic Beetle

Beetle Warrior

Beetelite

Acid-Flame Beetle

Glorlock
-
New Enemies:

Obliterator Beetle:
Description: When a beetle is exposed to the harshest of conditions, it evolves into a gigantic, near-perfect fightning machine that can decimate almost all opposition.
Looks: Looks like a 2-armed bipedal blister beetle, but with 2 extra arms on the back, red knuckles on the front hands and gun-barrel-like holes instead of hands on the back arms. Also, it's HUGE (like, Ogre-Forest Troll size.)
Health: 1,500 with High Physical Armor
Attack: 10-20 every 2 seconds (punch); 25-40 every 5 seconds (blast)
Range: Same as Shadow Archer
Abilities:
AoE attack for the punch - 50% damage to all troops in range, same range as a Demon Spawn's Infernal Combustion
=
Boss: Tragsog the Defector:
Description: Once one of Zalbac's greatest generals and personal bodygaurd, Tragsog recently turned to Vez'nan in search of power, and has since been tainted and seeks to create an army to invade Linirea from the Plateau.
Looks: Like a giant Atlas beetle, but with huge, powerful mandibles and 3 t-shaped horns on his head (one on each side and one in the middle.)
Health: 8,000 with Great Physical Armor
Attack: 170
Abilities:
Untouchable - Can draw the attention of 3 soldiers, no matter what
Toss-Off - Can throw all soldiers attacking him away, dealing 40 damage and stunning them for 2 seconds
--
Waves:

1:
Beetle Warrior x 4

2:
Beetle Warrior x 6
Beetlelite x 1
Acid-Flame Beetle x 2

3:
Beetelite x 8
Acid-Flame Beetle x 3

4:
Tragsog the Defector
Obliterator Beetle x 2
Glorlock x 4
Acid-Flame Beetle x 3
-
-
-
Not only is this my longest post, I'm almost absolutely sure it's the longest post on these forums ever.
Feedback is greatly appreciated (except telling me to make it shorter, nothing I can do about that.)
-----
What should I make next? I'll probably make another Highlands level, plan some more, then start a story about the creation of Krelorus and Silinto.
Last edited by Epicazeroth on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

Re: My Fan Levels & Stories

by Scorpion008 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Here's some desperately needed praise: WOHOO! NICE LEVEL! I just hope its easier than it looks.
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Scorpion008 wrote:Here's some desperately needed praise: WOHOO! NICE LEVEL! I just hope its easier than it looks.

Why does it look hard? Also, I'm not craving attention, it's just that I want more than none, which is what this got before.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by kilele » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 am

I see that you made two new towers, I'll read your level in a few days ^^ too many insects already in the game but it seems fun.
It'd be nice to see one drawing of yours showing the roads,curves, chokepoints..
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:10 am

I don't know how to upload images to here. Or draw on a computer. Sarelgaz is where I got the idea for these. And, yes, I did make new towers.
Image Image
User

by kilele » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:38 am

you could just draw the map on paper and look for someone to scan it, then go to postimage.org and upload it
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am

But.., that seems like work. Kidding, I'm just not good at drawing.
Image Image
User

by Scorpion008 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:
Scorpion008 wrote:Here's some desperately needed praise: WOHOO! NICE LEVEL! I just hope its easier than it looks.

Why does it look hard? Also, I'm not craving attention, it's just that I want more than none, which is what this got before.

Boss: Zalbrac the Sacred, Lord of Beetles
Description: Lord of all Beetles, Zalbrac is normally neutral, and was even benevolent to the people of the Azsare Desert. However, uncounted years ago, he was driven out from the Desert and found refuge in the Frozen Highlands. Then, when Vez'nan awoke his cousin Sarelgaz, he too woke up and now is a constant danger to anyone who attempts to traverse the Highlands.
Looks: A gigantic flying scarab beetle with pale rainbow wings.
Health: 10,000 with High Magical Resistance and High Physical Armor
Attack: 100-1,000 (50% chance of 100-175)

This^
User

by Finwer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:But.., that seems like work. Kidding, I'm just not good at drawing.

:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Yoppyx » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Wow that looks like it too a long time.
Good job!!
The Buff Elemental!

User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:16 pm

@Yoppyx: It did, thx!
-
@Scorpion: ...And? That's easier than some of the existing bosses.
-
Also, I edited it, because I may do more than just 3. Anyway, who wants to form a fanfic club, and collaborate on different levels/heroes/stories? It'll be much easier than if we work separately.
Image Image
User

by maverixk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:@Yoppyx: It did, thx!
-
@Scorpion: ...And? That's easier than some of the existing bosses.
-
Also, I edited it, because I may do more than just 3. Anyway, who wants to form a fanfic club, and collaborate on different levels/heroes/stories? It'll be much easier than if we work separately.

Me.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by Scorpion008 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 pm

No existing bosses have any armor.
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:31 pm

@maverixk: Let's get others and start one.
-
@Scorpion: Changed it. Also, thanks, now I've been reminded scorpions exist and may make a level about them (in the Swarm of course.)
Image Image
User

by Finwer » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 am

Epicazeroth wrote: Anyway, who wants to form a fanfic club, and collaborate on different levels/heroes/stories? It'll be much easier than if we work separately.

me too :)
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by REDBULL » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:47 am

Epicazeroth wrote:@maverixk: Let's get others and start one.
-
@Scorpion: Changed it. Also, thanks, now I've been reminded scorpions exist and may make a level about them (in the Swarm of course.)

Hey I was on this idea from the start! I'm OOOOOOOON IIIIIIIIT!
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User