Fanfiction/Fanart Club

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Fanfiction/Fanart Club

by Epicazeroth » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 am

This is a topic for general FF, I don't think there's really a club with members yet. I'll be posting links to any past FF too, so don't worry about linking to past ones (if I've missed anything, tell me in a post with new FF or in a PM.)

NOTE: It is preferable for any new FF posts to be titled with the name, but if not, just put the title in a prominent place.

My level:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1818

Earendel's art:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19

A whole bunch of other stuff (pretty much everything else):
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1328

Aftandil's towers (and a bunch of other ideas):
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1439

Aftandil's cubees:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=233

Truteal's ideas (not sure this is FF, but whatever):
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1044

Heroes (page 6 has the full list):
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=532

Labeled map (courtesy of TITANICB)
http://oi48.tinypic.com/8vyyy8.jpg
Last edited by Epicazeroth on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

Re: Fanfiction/Fanart Club

by REDBULL » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:04 am

Chapters 1 and 2 and the upcoming three of The Tower of Vez'nan will be put here soon.
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User

by maverixk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 am

I'll put my Lair of Sarelgaz and Ruins of Acaroth here, as well as any others I do of course.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by kilele » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 am

don't forget the fan-art thread opened by aftandil
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=233
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by truteal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 am

User

by REDBULL » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 am

OK so here is Chapter 1 and 2 as promised! I'm putting 3 into the works! Ahhh it feels good to be writing again! I've had a looong break!
The Tower of Vez'nan
Chapter 1
It all began in the Desert City of Hammerhold...where they would soon find out that not even towering walls of stone can stop the tunneling power of evil. On this unholy night a wind blows. Carrying tales of undead,magic and adventure to the ears of two young boys.
Hammerhold had been assaulted by rebel attacks from the Desert Dwarves for many years but recently their attacks have become much more frequent and violent. In ancient times the citizens of Hammerhold built the walls to stop the raiding marauders. Tonight a meeting was being held in the center of the city between the Dwarven Ruler and The Sultan of Hammerhold. Many people were gathering to watch this momentous event. However in the minds of two brothers tonight was a much more important date. Damien and Saphiran Jinnric were always scheming thieves.
"Are you ready to go?" Whispered Saphiran, A tan-skinned hazel eyed young man, throwing on a large black cloak and tan head mask that covered his entire face except his eyes that resembled mummy wraps.He stood outside the window of their sandstone hideout as the chill night air crawled in and slowly corrupted the calm atmosphere. The cold air sang to them of the adventure that lay just outside the window.
Damien smiled viciously. His tan skin and sharp blue eyes contrasted in an otherworldly fashion. His angular face shone in the moonlight. They had a stunningly uncanny similarity in appearance. When he threw on the same cloak and headdress as Saphiran Damien's slightly more muscly build stood out.
"More than I have ever been. They'll never know what hit 'em."He said in a low breath emitting a cloud of mist as he climbed out of the window followed by Saphiran. Energy and excitement sparked in their limbs urging them on but for the good of remaining hidden they stifled their electric like urges which was not an easy feat mind you. Once they crawled out the window they found themselves in a dark alley. It was a small narrow trail that was lined with hard Stone walls.

Saphiran crouched low and stalked silently onto the trail. He moved farther and farther slowly and made significant progress. he reached the end of the alley which leaded out onto a main desert road that lay empty as it was the dead of Night and everyone was gathered at the Meeting.Saphiran gestured to Damien signalling that it was all clear. Damien ran like a raging Dragon Humanoid. His complete lack of caring towards staying silent made Saphiran's safe slow maneuvers look ridiculous.
"Move out. The Dunes await."Said Saphiran with a grin stretching across his face faster than Djinn's storm.
Damien and Saphiran broke out in a a mad run. If one had saw these two young men of 15 years running through the streets at Night they would have deep reason to be worried. Street rats were a notorious plague in Hammerhold.

They reached the outer walls of Hammerhold and beheld their massive size. They towered above them accenting the royal blue night sky and glittering stars that adorned it. A large heavy duty chain latched the doors shut however this did naught to dampen the young boys spirits. They were slim and they didn't need to open the Gates. Simply slip through. Damien grabbed a small blunt knife-like object out of his robe and tapped the chain lightly looking for soft spot spots. Once he found one suitable Saphiran brought a small yet criminally sharp dagger. He made a dozen or so very small almost unnoticeable ridges and cuts in the metal. Then Saphiran struck a final blow with the daggers tip upon the center of the weak spot. As the dagger whistled through the air its edges shone like the stars. it struck the chain with a large gong and broke it about 3 inches in. This did not completely destroy the link but that was not the intention. Damien gave a large pull on the doors and it slipped just slightly leaving an open gap just the size of a thin maneuverable man. Saphiran flashed through in an instant however Damien had much more trouble. Never had he regretted building up his muscles until now.It took all of Saphiran's wiry strength to get through but eventually with much grunting and effort Damien eventually fell through and onto the floor of sand.

"Damien...you OK?"Said Saphiran inquisitively with one eyebrow raised. Damien grunted sneered at Saphiran.
"Just get me up Sap."Whispered Damien quite ticked as he was invoking Saphiran's hated childhood nickname. Saphiran smiled as he was much more friendly and mild-mannered than his brother. He reached out to his brother and his hand was in turn grabbed rather tightly and pulled on viciously. Damien grunted as he got up and began the trot across the Dunes. Saphiran hurriedly caught up.
The Moon's ghastly light shone upon their camouflaged figures as they rose to the top of a Dune and stared upon the vast Desert of Lineria. A small Dune stood out unnaturally in the distance. If one looked close enough they could see it seemed to be made of brick-like stones. They smiled in unison clearing out Damien's fuming mood. The Dwarven Camp.
"Time to raid."Said Damien a mischievous smile curling upon his face.
"Hahaha tonight we eat like Kings."Replied Saphiran. A malicious glint sparked within the two brothers eyes. This was their bread and butter.Just this time it had a little diplomat twist to it. This was a big raid and took moths of training but they were ready.

To be continued...

The Tower of Vez'nan
Chapter 2
They raced across the Sands unseen and unheard. All of the Dwarves were traveling with their leader to Hammerhold and their base was left completely undefended. Even the moon's glow dare not shine upon these two as they layed waste to leagues pumped with adrenaline. As the two arrived crouching and looking around carefully in circles they began to bring out their tools. Damien carried a small concealable and easy to carry hammer. Saphiran preferred his sharp small pickax to Damien's blunt weaponry. Though they were small weapons they would do some serious damage over time. Their was a pass but it had been blocked off when the Dwarves left. And so with Damien's first ringing hammer blow they began what took two hours to complete. Bang after bang it was almost maddening to listen to in the dead of night. It almost became a monotonous sound to the two of them out of sheer repetition even though the loud gongs would be sharp and piercing to any fresh mind. AS the end of the project came into view a single block of sandstone gave way with a deep scraping sound. Inspired by the sudden breakthrough they began to work even harder. The hits were harder,the effect was larger but most of all the burn in their muscles was far more severe. Soon they had a hole with enough size for them to just fit through and all that aching pain suddenly felt worth it.These was a necessary part to a raid and they both understood that. Damien lunged in headfirst like the reckless, thoughtless oaf he was becoming in his eagerness to eat. They were street rats and had scavenged on what was left for them on in the alleys for as long as they could remember. Though the one thing they knew for sure was that they were brothers. There was no question to that. They had found their hideout in a dark alley many years ago and since then it had been the center for their operation of thievery. Sound terrible? Not when it was the only way they could survive. Some could say they were doing the people they robbed a favor. Call it forced kindness if you will.Saphiran followed through tentatively as Damien nearly hit his head on the floor and was lying in a heap.Saphiran stared at him on the floor and shook his head.
"Whatever.Lets just raid this place."Damien retorted snapping up.

Saphiran quickly began searching the shelves in the storage area while Damien searched the kitchen area for food and scraps. After about half an hour of good looting they filled their bags and met back up at the hole. They climbed out and picked up the sandstone blacks and reassembled them in the hole.They wouldn't convince anybody for long but it would keep people from knowing longer then just leaving the empty hole as it was. They grabbed their bags and slung them over their shoulders and began to run but seconds before they could clear the camp a strange echoing sound appeared from the horizon to the East of them. The sand blew small drifts of sand through the air around a large Dune. It was unnaturally large almost like a small hill. They stopped suddenly upon hearing it. They hadn't even gotten our of the area of the camp. They were still very near.
"it's not even time for the meeting to begin yet! How can the Dwarves be back."Muttered Saphiran worriedly putting a forward foot to run.Then Damien grabbed his shoulder his face slightly upturned to the sky listening.
"No. Hammerhold is to the South of here. Whatever that is its coming from The East."Trailed off Damien as he kept listening intently to the strange sound that remained notoriously incomprehensible. Then suddenly like a guiding light in the darkness a identifiable sound seemed to outburst from it. A chanting noise.

They both stood stunned. It was a very old language that had gone into extinction years ago. They recognized a few words but not much of it. Soon the specific words came to their ears that they did know.The whole chant was saying.
"He Rises."
"What in the world?"Whispered Saphiran. They gazed to The East as the chanting became louder and more viciously and hardly spoken. It seemed their was one strong savage voice that said the chant which was immediately followed by a large amount of voices speaking it together like an army call. Over the large dune rose a long line of shapes that at first were dark and disfigured. But soon after they reached the summit the Moon's light washed over the revealing their forms. Damien and Saphiran gasped.
"Anubi."Rasped Damien. Their hideous jackal-like bodies were set off by their vicious faces and battle armor. The armor was made from gold and blue lines and they wore a headdress of the same fashion with silver spikes and carvings depicting The Sun and Moon. It was an entire army that stretched nearly as far as they could see on both sides of the Desert. In front marched a particularly tall and killer beast of an Anubis. He carried a long staff with two curved blades at the end in both hands like all of the Anubi but his were adorned with precious gems and metal ans well as his armor. His battle scars were displayed proudly all over his exposed flesh.

"How? The Anubi were murdered and cast out existence long ago."Said Saphiran with a look of disbelief on his face. Then he realized that the language they spoke dated back to around that same time. Saphiran grabbed Damien's arm.
"No point in arguing with reality."He turned to face him directly.
"Lets run" and with that they ran like Death itself followed them. The army had yet to notice them as they were very far off but they seemed to be heading in the direction of the Dwarven Camp...
these guys^^!
User

by maverixk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 am

So, I saw REDBULL's chapters and thought I'd go off of his for a little tangent just cause. Enjoy.

"I am so out of my element." Fenix kicked at the sand.

Vod'cabur laughed, "Hey, you agreed to be cheerful for the nobles and kings." Vod'cabur shoved Fenix playfully.

"Oh yeah, I'm all smiles. Quite peachy, see." He made a half smile that was quickly cut off by a cough.

The two were an unlikely pair; Fenix was dressed for battle in the desert, save the color of it all, which varied from deep blue to white, with a pauldron adorning his left shoulder, a sleeveless shirt underneath some body armor, and cloth wrapped around his legs and forearms. Vod'cabur Werlarra, on the other hand, wasn't even fully...alive one could say. Vod'cabur was a spirit imbued to an automaton, a robot with a slightly beetle like sand gold body and appearance.

Fenix pulled out his crossbow and checked it almost unconsciously, "As long as there aren't any spiders around, I'm fine. I could use a break from those things." He shuddered and put his crossbow on his back with his quiver of arrows. "Vod, why are we here again?"

"To protect the important people, remember?" His green eyes widened in mock excitement. "Didn't you hear? The dwarf king and Hammerhold's own glorious leader are meeting, and we're the lowly security guards!" Squatting down and looking around dramatically, he continued, "We are the first and only line of defense against the forces of chaos and destruction." He stood up straight, putting his hand over his chest, "It is up to us to preserve this mighty land and to protect all those who call it home, lest the ever-prevalent darkness prevail."

Fenix's face was cold as ice, "Very patriotic, they should have you do the courtyard speeches." He looked around impatiently.

Vod'cabur waved him off, "Nah, I'm too handsome for that. All those lady spirits and automatons would swoon and we'd have a riot on our hands." This got Fenix to smile.

"Have you ever met a lady spirit or automaton? Actually, have you ever met any spirit or automaton, regardless of gender?" The pair walked to the edge of their watchtower, scanning the horizon for danger. Vod'cabur seemed visibly shaken over the last comment. Consoling, Fenix put his hand on his friend's shoulder, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

Vod'cabur shrugged him off and turned to face him, leaning on the half wall that ringed the tower. "It's all right, I shouldn't have brought it up." A few moments passed in silence. Then, Vod'cabur gestured towards the ladder in the center of the tower that led down to the main level. "Well, technically, we're not on duty until the talks start, so until then, how about we go down to my place and you can bore me with tales of your travels in the icy north."

Chuckling, the other replied, "You know, I used to live around here, too." He gazed off into the distance as if recalling a memory, "That is, in another life...anyway, yeah, I'd love to bore you with my tales." Without further ado, but with much laughter, the pair descended and strolled across the city, getting many odd glances, until they reached Vod'cabur's residence.

The sun was down, and even though Fenix was not affected by heat nor cold he was feeling more at ease. At ease, that is, with the environment. "Tell me again why they assigned us to guard to Dwarven camp?"

Vod'cabur shrugged, "They spun me some line about it being the most important post of the evening save the actual meeting table." Fenix shuddered at the unintentional spider reference. "Sorry, forgot." Fenix waved him off. As they crossed the open desert, Fenix had them halt for a moment, as he thought he had seen to shapes moving across the desert. However, he quickly dismissed it as a trick of the light.

The Dwarven camp had a small, hastily made trench surrounding it, with an occasional wooden tower that seemed as if it could collapse at any moment overlooking the perimeter. The pair of them had been assigned a post on the east side of camp, Fenix in a tower and Vod'cabur in the trench. Vod'cabur particularly enjoyed his position, as he engaged in arm wrestling matches with several dwarves who cajoled and cheered on their fellow dwarf. Fenix leaned against the edge of the tower; he gazed at the horizon philosophically, a part of him glad for the return to solitude. His element.

Fenix set about making small contraptions from ice. Nothing spectacular, a small catapult, a miniature ladder. And then, he stumbled upon a telescopic device. He had been working on one, but had trouble with the lenses. Now, by complete and total accident he had found it.

His first target was Vod'cabur. With his enhanced vision he could now see small grains of sand in his joints. Next, he swept his view across the horizon. Fenix went...well, pale, even for him. He had not seen these since he had dwelt in the depths of the desert so long ago.

These things were some of the most ruthless, cruel, and wicked beings Fenix had eve had the displeasure to meet, and he had spent years in the icy north, babysitting the spider queens. Appearing over the dunes of the horizon were vile creatures of death: Anubi. Many Anubi that were found in the desert were scavengers, and the occasional small pack; this was a small army, easily enough to bury the Dwarven encampment. At least, without himself and Vod'cabur there to warn and help them.

It would be a difficult battle, but if Nike somehow saw fit to smile upon them, it would be a good battle. Fenix was about to call out to Vod'cabur, but decided against it; for some reason he felt as if he needed to deal with them himself, a sort of vengeance, he guessed. He slipped down from the scraggly watch tower and slinked into the dunes, snarling at the oncoming monsters, "To think I once called you brothers..."

dun dun DUUUUNNNN
Frankly, I felt inspired, REDBULL. I don't know what your plans were, but hopefully I didn't mess them up. If so you can ignore this, obviously.
Last edited by maverixk on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by REDBULL » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:37 am

Well I didn't realize my writing was enough to get someone inspired! I'm flattered! Those are the old chapters so I'll write a new one tomorrow. i hope you don't mind but i have a very specific plot going but you could keep your tangent going but I don't think Damien and Sap will notice.

The promised Third Chapter...

The Tower of Vez'nan
Chapter 3
Dawn broke like an Angel's Spear on a devil's butt. It caught the sleeping masses huddled in Hammerhold completely off guard. Tonight was a particularly sleepy day since they had all spent much of last night at the historic peace meeting. Sadly this was not the best time. Saphiran had awoke early and snuck out past his snoring hulk of a brother. He jumped out the window just as the Sun's light took it's full claim on the previously dark and tense land. They had feasted like Kings just the night before but somehow it wasn't as glorious as they imagined. Something about that shaking sight had left them in a less than talkative mood. He climbed up on a section of the cities Great Walls that was often left unnoticed. It was always his favorite spot to just think. Given a great scope of the desert in which his people had thrived for centuries somehow he felt touched. The sun rose in a lighthearted fashion promising happiness to those who could admire its short lived beauty. Saphiran sat there sharpening his knife as his mind wandered. Then suddenly it all drew to an abrupt, jagged stop. His eyes focused on a spot in the distance. Slowly it grew wider and wider. Then more defined. Finally the most dominant feature stood out revealing the sights identity. Red Beards. A mass of them. Heading for Hammerhold...

This is not all of chapter three but the most I can give you for now. I'm actually traveling tomorrow and the flight will take me into the next day so basically I will write later! My Spell will also have to wait to be edited :(
these guys^^!
User

by Epicazeroth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:29 pm

I edited the OP, but here's TITANICB's labeling of the new map also:
http://oi48.tinypic.com/8vyyy8.jpg
-
Opportunities for FF levels/stories: (We - meaning anyone - should collaborate on who should do fanfics for what)
Lozagon/Royal Bridge: Seems like a level (maybe the Bridge could be like the extra missions I have in my levels - meaning instead of Iron and Heroic)
Valardul Waste: Seems like it could go either way
Otil & Linirea: Seems like it should have a level and corresponding story made. Maybe a mysterious disease or other infection?
Rift of Cinders: Probably more story material than level.
That mysterious cave in the mountains...
-
The desert should be off-limits until the sequel.
-
Anyway, start posting ideas!
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by maverixk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 am

I edited my tangent from REDBULL's story with Saphiran and brother.
I edited the ending, that is.
Btw I love that animation in your sig, RED.
User