2015 Halloween Contest

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: 2015 Halloween Contest

by Ninja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:06 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:1) A series of movies is fine, but don't combine 2 separate franchises, even if the same people had a hand in making each film.

2) 2-3 levels, like a mini-campaign update.

3) 1 hero is requires to reflect an actual update, though you can have a level-specific hero as 1 of your 3 campaign-specific additions. :)

Thanks for the quick answer. :)
Does your answer to the 3rd question
mean I can make a level-specific hero
instead of a normal hero?
:hero:
User

by RZRider » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:08 pm

I am not answering for BBB but I think he means you CAN have a level specific hero but you MUST have a regular hero.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:21 pm

RZRider wrote:I am not answering for BBB but I think he means you CAN have a level specific hero but you MUST have a regular hero.

It certainly looks like you're
answering for him. ;)
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:14 pm

May we use any existing units? (and do they count towards the 2-6 if allowed?)
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RZRider » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Ninja wrote:
RZRider wrote:I am not answering for BBB but I think he means you CAN have a level specific hero but you MUST have a regular hero.

It certainly looks like you're
answering for him. ;)

I did not mean to answer for him, I was just stating my understanding of that question
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Ninja wrote:Does your answer to the 3rd question

The requirements are in the first post:

• Level intros (General, we've X'd the Y and now Z has appeared.. etc)
  • 2-6 new enemies
  • 1 new boss
  • A new environment setting (like Grassland, desert, forest, wasteland, etc)
  • 1-3 level specific additions (such as Magic Blossoms, Poison Pool, Thermal Fissures, etc)
  • A new hero

It says 'a new hero', therefore, you must make a new hero.

Right guys, this is simple enough to understand. This is a contest (and I'm saying this because I worked on the thread idea with BBB), it is meant to be a challenge. If you can't make an entry that fits into the requirements of the challenge, then don't enter. The challenge is not going to be simplified or changed for you, because A) You can't think of something or B) You want to make something but can't. Nobody changes the requirements of a marathon because someone says "I can't run that far". If you're not up for the challenge, then let it go past and try again next time. If you want to take part, then step up and follow the rules, and quit crying about it.

The Kingmaker wrote:May we use any existing units? (and do they count towards the 2-6 if allowed?)

Only if the Level Additions require them. You're not stating the enemies in each level, nor the wave contents, so any additional previous enemies would be pointless.Your requirements for the level itself is only the environment and the intro.
Yes it's me

by RZRider » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:09 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ninja wrote:Does your answer to the 3rd question

The requirements are in the first post:

• Level intros (General, we've X'd the Y and now Z has appeared.. etc)
  • 2-6 new enemies
  • 1 new boss
  • A new environment setting (like Grassland, desert, forest, wasteland, etc)
  • 1-3 level specific additions (such as Magic Blossoms, Poison Pool, Thermal Fissures, etc)
  • A new hero

Right guys, this is simple enough to understand. This is a contest (and I'm saying this because I worked on the thread idea with BBB), it is meant to be a challenge. If you can't make an entry that fits into the requirements of the challenge, then don't enter. The challenge is not going to be simplified or changed for you, because A) You can't think of something or B) You want to make something but can't. Nobody changes the requirements of a marathon because someone says "I can't run that far". If you're not up for the challenge, then let it go past and try again next time. If you want to take part, then step up and follow the rules, and quit crying about it.

The Kingmaker wrote:May we use any existing units? (and do they count towards the 2-6 if allowed?)

Only if the Level Additions require them. You're not stating the enemies in each level, nor the wave contents, so any additional previous enemies would be pointless.Your requirements for the level itself is only the environment and the intro.

Whoops. I made a whole mini-campaign with the wave contents. :oops:
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Sorry about this question, but, while I do realize that books aren't allowed, if the movie was based by a book, could we use some elements from the original medium?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:26 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:The requirements are in the first post:

•Level intros (General, we've X'd the Y and now Z has appeared.. etc)
•2-6 new enemies
•1 new boss
•A new environment setting (like Grassland, desert, forest, wasteland, etc)
•1-3 level specific additions (such as Magic Blossoms, Poison Pool, Thermal Fissures, etc)
•A new hero

Just saying to that we are required to make "a new hero" is not very specific,
that could be taken to mean that we are allowed to just make a level-specific
hero instead of a regular one.And that is how I originally understood it.The
reason I posed the question is because I wanted to make sure I understood the
requirement. ;) However,I now understand the requirement.Thanks for answering. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Sorry about this question, but, while I do realize that books aren't allowed, if the movie was based by a book, could we use some elements from the original medium?

Big Bad Bug wrote:Part of the challenge should be to strictly use movies only. H.P. Lovecraft's books have some movie adaptations, so those would work. The problem is that sticking to the source material means that you'd have to stay true to he film, not the book that it was inspired by.
BBB

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Whoops... :P
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Sorry that there have been so many complications. The contest should be fun, and now that there are no obscurities about the rules, fun should hopefully be abundant. :mrgreen:
BBB

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:22 pm

I probably won't participate though. I don't really have the inclination or the time I would like to dedicate. Plus, I also rarely watch movies, let alone horror/halloween movies.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:12 pm

I know it has only been a few days, but unless I get some creative spurt within the coming weeks I probably will not enter this contest. Sorry. :/
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:34 pm

I also will probably not enter.I just
have too much to do. :(
User

by RZRider » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:25 pm

BBB has anybody else entered yet?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:43 pm

I will try to whip up an entry myself, but as of right now there have been no entries submitted other than yours. :)
BBB

by RZRider » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Yep, considering you are entering I am toast, even if the entries are anonymous.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:08 am

That's flattering and also disparaging to hear.
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:15 am

I'm still doing my entry. Really busy in work at the moment and I have a chest infection so it's been hard. But I will enter in time.
Yes it's me

PreviousNext