Kingdom Rush: gladiators (Beta)

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Kingdom Rush: gladiators (Beta)

by Staticbog » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:37 am

When you first start you will be asked what difficulty but the modes in this are different just by their names

Passivity (easy)
Generals (normal)
Gladiators (hard)

After selecting your mode select your side

GOOD - defend (heroes respawn) 5 abilities

BAD - attack (bosses don't respawn and can only be used once a level after 10:00 mins pass) 3 abilities

For the bad side the first Boss will be

Anubis the God unlocked at stage one
Health - 5000
Defense - low (65%)
Move speed - instant
Attack speed - average
Attack - 56-107
Regen - 50

Abilities

God like - stuns all enemy's for 1/2/3 seconds 20/15/10 second cool down and 3/4/5 points
Laser eyes - kills a enemy 30/25/20 seconds and 4/4/5 points
Mind control - controls one tower for 10 seconds 30/25/20 second cool down and 3/4/4 points

Origin

Slept for quite some time then he got more bored and more bored decided to finally have fun again likes dogs hates humans even though he is half dog half human and some other creatures... Not much is known about him he is called a them a lot though.

New ally's

First ally unlocked - sand mite - 1-2 attack can only be attacked by melee 20 health - 10 gold
Second ally unlocked - sand Shrew - 1-3 attack + poisen 60 health - 50 gold

Good
(Specified in next update)
User

Re: Kingdom Rush: gladiators (Beta)

by AerisDraco » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 am

Wat.
Please, if you're trying to create a game, try to use an introduction other than that, and also some more details, such as towers.
I can't really say much if I don't understand.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:11 pm

What is this? :?
:hero:
User

by Staticbog » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:50 am

AerisDraco wrote:Wat.
Please, if you're trying to create a game, try to use an introduction other than that, and also some more details, such as towers.
I can't really say much if I don't understand.

You can clearly see I said its in beta I will think of one later :roll:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:29 am

You can save drafts to avoid spamming the forums with unfinished threads. This should be part of the rules thread.

Gladiators is a fun concept, but the inclusion of Anubis in the game is both nonsensical with the theme and redundant since he already appears as the minibosses of the Ruins of Nasde.
BBB

by Staticbog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:You can save drafts to avoid spamming the forums with unfinished threads. This should be part of the rules thread.

Gladiators is a fun concept, but the inclusion of Anubis in the game is both nonsensical with the theme and redundant since he already appears as the minibosses of the Ruins of Nasde.

This takes place after frontiers and starts in a cave deep under the desert but yes your right
User

by AerisDraco » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:19 am

Staticbog wrote:starts in a cave deep under the desert

Wat.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm

You have ideas, that's great, but you're going into details of things too early if you want to set up a game. If that's your ultimate goal, an entire Kingdom Rush style game, will all the towers, enemies, levels etc (just like Aeris Draco's KR: Adventures or my own KR Chronicles) then you need to set up the details that everyone is familiar with first, and then break your new ideas into it gently.

Why don't you start off with a first level, like Hammerhold or The Gray Ravens. Something that we all know and understand to ease us into your game. Not just "it starts in a cave". What kind of cave? What features are there? What kind of enemies live there? What are your towers? These are all the game basics that so far nobody knows anything about, but you expect us to be able to comment on the first boss (which is usually six levels into the game) and a good/evil side choice without any context for how they work in the game.

I suggest you forget about this thread for now, and work on the basic ideas for your game first. Level design, enemy design, tower design, hero design. The nitty gritty details can come in later once you've got the basics laid out.
Yes it's me