by Ninja » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Nah, no need for that unless you really want to. Someone else
could vote just as easily. (I was mostly just fooling around any-
way. A tie isn't that bad.) :)
:hero:
User

Re: VGTC Voting

by Ninja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:06 am

Shouldn't the winner/s be announced now? :)
User

by AerisDraco » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Yeah, sorry, I forgot.

The winner is a tie between myself (Entry 3) and Ninja (Entry 2).

I'll post what I think of the other two later.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:39 pm

AerisDraco wrote:The winner is a tie between myself (Entry 3) and Ninja (Entry 2).

:yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:

But, I must nitpick you for your grammatical error in the underlined section of the quote. :P
*tie between Ninja (Entry 2) & I (Entry 3).

AerisDraco wrote:I'll post what I think of the other two later.

Same here. Some time today, probably.
User

by AerisDraco » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:15 pm

I doens't evn in2 kar
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:20 pm

AerisDraco wrote:I doens't evn in2 kar

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "kar". :?
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:10 am

care.

Yeah, Grammar!
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:19 am

AerisDraco wrote:care.

Yeah, Grammar!

You should. Correct grammar is important. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:54 am

And correct line and paragraph structure isn't?
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:56 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:And correct line and paragraph structure isn't?

Show me where the rule that condemns this structure is, and I'll try to stop. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:00 am

There's not a rule for grammar either in the official thread. It's part of logic to make posts coherent. :(

Plus, though I could understand what Aeris meant even though his way of writing was different, you couldn't. Even if you can understand your own way of breaking sentences apart, maybe someone else won't. ;)
;)
;) ;)
;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;)
;) ;)
;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:05 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:There's not a rule for grammar either in the official thread. It's part of logic to make posts coherent. :(

Plus, though I could understand what Aeris meant even though his way of writing was different, you couldn't. Even if you can understand your own way of breaking sentences apart, maybe someone else won't. ;)
[+] SPOILER
;)
;) ;)
;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;)
;) ;)
;)

They're coherent. No-one's ever said otherwise. ;)
That way of writing is incorrect according to the English Language, mine isn't. ;)
;) *257^10
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:13 am

That is a lot of smilies.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 am

AerisDraco wrote:That is a lot of smilies.

Yes, yes it is. :ugeek:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:17 am

But yours is incorrect for writing in general. In fact, even in other languages, it isn't done that way. Your writing style may not seem incoherent to us, but you can't assume that for everyone. I thought Aeris' intentionally, sarcastically, grammatically incorrect post was very clearly coherent, but somehow you still didn't get it. I thought, "All you had to do was sound out what he spelled," but you still had to ask. What if there is a new member in the forum (especially once Iron Marines is released) and they don't grasp your posting style? Better to change to the proper form now than wait for someone else to have to request it later.
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:22 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:But yours is incorrect for writing in general. In fact, even in other languages, it isn't done that way. Your writing style may not seem incoherent to us, but you can't assume that for everyone. I thought Aeris' intentionally, sarcastically, grammatically incorrect post was very clearly coherent, but somehow you still didn't get it. I thought, "All you had to do was sound out what he spelled," but you still had to ask. What if there is a new member in the forum (especially once Iron Marines is released) and they don't grasp your posting style? Better to change to the proper form now than wait for someone else to have to request it later.

I sounded out "car", which didn't fit at all, so I asked. ;) Why wouldn't this hypothetical new member
be able to grasp my writing style? It's in English, as your posts are. ;)

P.S. The problem you posed is actually a really dumb question. ;) What if a new member didn't grasp
the "normal" posting style?! :o Oh, I know the answer! Quick everyone, change how you post to acc-
omodate the new member! :P

P.P.S. Also, in Cantonese, it is done that way. :P
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:14 am

Just like I didn't even expect you to sound out "car" instead of "care," it can be hard to foresee what new members will think of your writing style. Imagine that some people who aren't too familiar with English with find your posts superfluous, making it even harder to grasp some things and possibly making them start thinking that that is the appropriate way to write. I'm not claiming that it's likely, but it and many other unimaginable situations are possible.

Ninja wrote:P.S. The problem you posed is actually a really dumb question. ;) What if a new member didn't grasp
the "normal" posting style?! :o Oh, I know the answer! Quick everyone, change how you post to acc-
omodate the new member! :P

First of all, I'm not calling the things you've posted dumb, so I'd appreciate if you would do the same for me.

Second, you're forcing all of the other members to adapt to your posting style, so you're making us do the "really dumb" act of accommodating to a new member yourself. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:19 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Just like I didn't even expect you to sound out "car" instead of "care," it can be hard to foresee what new members will think of your writing style. Imagine that some people who aren't too familiar with English with find your posts superfluous, making it even harder to grasp some things and possibly making them start thinking that that is the appropriate way to write. I'm not claiming that it's likely, but it and many other unimaginable situations are possible.

Considering the fact that the majority of members post in your manner, the chan-
ces of a new member grasping English incorrectly because of me are near 0. Yes,
it could happen, but it's highly improbable that it will. ;)

P.S. I called it dumb because I felt like it was. I didn't know how else to express myself.
My apologies if you were offended. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 am

Again, I'm not saying that it's going to happen or even likely. The point is that you're being hypocritical by nitpicking Aeris's grammar when you won't heed the complaints of the majority of the forum about your posting style.
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:59 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Again, I'm not saying that it's going to happen or even likely. The point is that you're being hypocritical by nitpicking Aeris's grammar when you won't heed the complaints of the majority of the forum about your posting style.

It's not hypocritical because my posts may look weird to you, but they don't often have grammar issues. ;)
Also, 4 members=majority of forumers? :? Plus, I am trying to heed you guys' complaints by comprom-
ising and posting longer lines while also keeping it comfortable for me to type. :)
User

PreviousNext