Nemeses

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Nemeses

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:48 am

I saw this idea in a great number of threads, the most memorable being BBB's and FoxDP011's ideas. I
thought it was interesting, and I decided to make these up. They'll be listed with the newest ideas at
the top and the oldest at the bottom of the thread, as in the thread below (My Hero Ideas):
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8329

Here's how my nemeses work:
They spawn after the first wave is called and proceed down the path. Each hero has a specific nemesis
that will only appear if that hero is used. They can detect your hero in a long range. When they do, they
go straight for your hero to do battle with him/her/it. If they kill your hero, then your hero's respawn is
doubled. If they are killed, then they will respawn later. The nemesis's respective hero is in parentheses
next to their name. If leaked, a nemesis takes all 20 lives. I won't be writing lore, I'll just let you guys
speculate about that. Oh, and also, here's how the tiers of their skills work. When on Casual mode, their
skills are tier 1. When on Normal, tier 2. And finally, when playing Veteran mode, all nemesis abilities
are tier 3.

Without further ado, here they are!!1!1!!!

Qar'sa the High Priest of Saq'ra (Dierdre)

Stats:

HP: 500
Phys. Def.: None
Mag. Def.: High (90%)
Regen. Rate: 35/s (~14s to fully heal)
Respawn: 20s
Atk. Dmg.: 50-85
Atk Spd.: Avg. (every 0.85s)
Move Spd.: Avg. (Alric speed)
Bounty: 400

Appearance: A very tall, muscular savage wearing a golden mask with a ruby that supposedly acts as a
third eye set in its forehead. He wields a ceremonial knife. Its blade is made of jade and the hilt of it
is golden. Unlike most mages, direct combat suits him better than ranged attacking.

Secondary:

Cannibalism- Feasts on a defeated opponent's flesh healing 200 HP over 4s. (50/s) If interrupted
while eating, he will not gain the full amount of HP healed.

Abilities:

Sacrifice- The nearest enemy/ally is immediately tied up and is placed upon a stone altar.
Then, Qar'sa carves out the unit's heart. The unit spontaneously goes up in flames and the
heart simultaneously is set ablaze. This action takes about 3s to execute. Qar'sa cannot be
interrupted nor can he be damaged during this period. After this, Qar'sa gains a +10% dam-
age boost for every 125/100/75 HP the unit had. Boost duration is 20/25/30s. (Active, 30s)

Desecrate- Shoots a blast of purple fire forth from his palm, AoE instakilling if only barracks
are near; if a ranged tower is near, he will fire upon it, disabling the affected tower for
10/12/14s. Can be cancelled by Dierdre's ability called Consecrate. (Active, 14s)

Shadow of Death- Teleports to a group of units and dispels any positive effects placed on them;
also deals 100/200/300 AoE magic damage. Can be cancelled by Wings of Light. (Active, 8s)

Extispicy- Has 100% chance to dodge melee attacks unless 3/4/5 units attack him at once. He
doesn't dodge quickly like the Assassins or Kutsao. Instead, he lazily steps to the side, or leans
back, as if he knew that the attack would come before he even began fighting. (Passive)

Chosen of Saq'ra- Upon death, Qar'sa transforms into a monstrous crocodile, about the same size as
a Gorillion. It has intensely lucid, bright crimson, terrifying eyes. At this point, his golden mask falls off.
He cannot use abilities in this form. After this form is killed, his respawn timer begins. You gain Qar'sa's
bounty when he turns into crocodile form. (Passive)
[+] SPOILER
You can collect the mask by tapping/clicking on it. It grants 200 GP. But it only lasts for 3s, so be quick about collecting it!

Crocodile Form Stats:

HP: 700/800/900
Phys. Def.: High (90%)
Mag. Def.: None
Regen. Rate: None
Atk. Dmg.: 50/75/100-100/150/200 AoE True Damage
Atk Spd.: Avg. (every 0.85s)
Move Spd.: Slow
Ability: Grabs an opponent and does a barrel-roll while biting and clawing it. This instakills the unit, and
deals 200 AoE True Damage in a huge AoE of 10 m. (assuming a Bloodshell is 1.5 m.)(Active, 15s)

Quotes:
"Now his life is in my fist!" (Says sometimes when using Sacrifice)
"You dare not do that." (Says often when fighting)
"After all, if you're not committing sin, then you're not having fun!" (Says when using Desecrate)
"Saq'ra, give me power!" (Says sometimes when using Sacrifice)
"I have been faithful, and Saq'ra will welcome me with open arms!" (Upon death)
*Roars loudly*(When transforming into Crocodile Form)

Trivia:
-1st quote is a reference to Mola Ram from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when he kills
the other thuggee as a sacrifice to Kali. The animation for Sacrifice is also a reference to this.
-2nd quote is another Mola Ram quote said when Indie spits blood back into his face.
-3rd quote is a reference to something Black Hat from Priest (a 2011 film) said.
-Extispicy (or Haruspicy) is the practice of divining future events by observing the entrails of dead creatures.
-Qar'sa is an anagram of Saq'ra.

Constructive assessments of my work are welcome! :D
Last edited by Ninja on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:hero:
User

Re: Nemeses

by Ninja » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:43 pm

So guys (and girls), any opinions on Qar'sa? :)
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Y u no review my stuff?!
User

by RZRider » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:20 pm

All I can say is, for your first time, I am very impressed. I think that sacrifice is a tad OP, but other then that I am impressed
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:15 pm

RZRider wrote:All I can say is, for your first time, I am very impressed. I think that sacrifice is a tad OP, but other than that I'm impressed.

:yey: :yey: :yey:

(Maybe I'll nerf Sacrifice a little. But first, could you tell me exactly what is OP?)
User

by RZRider » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:33 pm

It just needs a little damage precent reduction on the damage increase. Other then that, it is not very OP
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:06 pm

RZRider wrote:It just needs a little damage precent reduction on the damage increase. Other then that, it is not very OP

I didn't think the percent was OP, so I didn't change it. What I did change is the amount of HP needed to gain each damage percent increase.

Is it good now?
User

by RZRider » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Yeah. Sorry I am the only one reviewing. I know I would probably not be the preferred choice
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 pm

RZRider wrote:Yeah. Sorry I am the only one reviewing. I know I would probably not be the preferred choice

Great. :D

I'm fine with anyone reviewing as long as what they say is reasonable. :)
User