Hero Makeovers

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Hero Makeovers

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:09 am

Whichever heroes feel the most necessary to improve will be done first. I may take suggestions if I already have an idea for the suggested hero. Heroes presented here are how I envision an improvement to Ninja's 2.0 ideas as well, so they may seem partially similar.

Alric

HP: 500
Regen: 30
Melee: 22-35
Armor: Low (25%)
Respawn: 20

Sand Rage: (16s) When harmed at under 90% HP, Alric coats himself in sand for 3/5/7 seconds, causing 10/30/60% of all melee damage taken to reflect back to attackers.

Red Sand: (8s) Bleeds an enemy, making it take 10/20/30% extra damage from all physical attacks for 2/4/6 seconds.

Flurry: (12s) Special manoeuvre that makes 2/4/6 swift attacks against an enemy.

Sandstorm: (20s) Summons a powerful gust of sand for 5 seconds, dealing 5/10/15 damage per second and healing Alric and his Sand Warriors by the same amount.
-AOE is double that of Pestilence, and only effects Alric and his warriors if they remain inside the AOE.

Sand Warriors: (10s) Summons 1/2/3 Sand Warriors for 9 seconds, with 60/120/180 health and 3/6/9 - 6/9/12 damage.
-Warriors follow Alric rather than move forward endlessly.

Reg'son

HP: 600
Regen: 45
Melee: 12-18
Armor: None
Respawn: 15

Eldritch Slash: (15s) Strikes up to 2/3/4 enemies total, dealing 80/150/240 damage evenly distributed to each foe in range.

Eldritch Blade: (25s) Burns with Eldritch Fire, dealing 33/67/100 True Damage per attack for 5 seconds.

Eldritch Demise: (20s) If slain, Vindicator deals 100/200/300 True Damage to the enemy who dealt the killing blow, reviving Reg'son with 20% of the target's health if it dies in the process.
-Stacks with Eldritch Heal for up to 50% HP. If Eldritch Blade is active, deals 33/67/100 bonus True Damage.

Eldritch Heal: Enemies slain nearby will grant 10/20/30% of their lifeforce to Reg'son as healing.

Vindicator: Vindicator slays its target with a cooldown of 110/90/70/50 seconds.

Karkinos

Stats are all the same, except melee.

Melee: 18-32 1/s

Iron Pincer: (Passive) Karkinos can use his Iron Pincer to deal 2/2.5/3 times the damage if it is a killing blow.
(Deals True Damage, ignoring armor)

_b]Conditioning:[/b] (Passive) Every attack dealt to Karkinos has a 20/30/40% chance to instead heal him for the damage over 4 seconds.
(Stacks with more hits if they activate the healing.)

Burrow: Karkinos can travel 2/3/4 times as fast, but must tunnel underground first.
(Karkinos moves even faster, but now has a longer tunneling process, forcing players to be more tactical in their movement of Karkinos.)

Extension Strike: (12s) Extends his mechanical pincer at enemies, dealing 25/35/50 - 50/70/100 damage in a straight line with a 33% chance anytime after fully extending to turn and hit more enemies.
(The same skill, with the potential to deal double damage, and possibly multiply further if there are still enemies to be chained to and enough luck to turn again. When the chance activates, Karkinos' pincer with choose a direction that hits the most enemies and move in a straight line there, with the possibility to continuously chain, like Energy Glaive.)

Glue Shot: (16s) Launches a ball of goo that slows enemies by 30/50/70% for 3/5/7 seconds with an equal percentage chance to freeze enemies for the same amount of time.

Karkinos is now more luck-based than before, making that his main trait. He has great potential to tank against enemies, using their high damage values to his advantage. If he's at fatal health, it won't save him, so he still has to be retreated, but not nearly as often. His movement is better and worse, so it's just as strong but more interesting. Mechanical Pincer can take out legions of foes with enough chain strikes. He can also deal massive damage to enemie on low health, augmenting his killing abilities in the right circumstances, and allowing him to tank heavier, stronger foes by getting the weaker others out of the way. Finally, Karkinos can stall enemies in an AOE, either by slowing them tremendously or freezing them.

Saitam

HP: 400
Regen: 20 (Drastic nerf from 40)
Melee: 26-44 (Minor increase from 21-39)
Armor: Medium (50%)
Speed: Average (Still flies on his cloud)
Respawn: 20s

Tetsubo Storm: (15s) Saitam unleashes a flurry of fast strikes dealing 150/270/400 physical damage over 2/3/4 seconds.
(Saitam's skill is no longer deactivated if he moves while opening his Testubo, only once he starts dealing damage. Since the attack is progressive damage and only physical melee, it has a higher number than Silver Bullet to balance it. Saitam can be moved to interrupt this skill if needed.)

Spinning Pole: (18s) Spins his dual Tetsubo around, dealing 80/150/220 physical damage over 2/3/4 seconds.
(Again, because of the time needed to execute the skill, the damage is augmented. Saitam has a short startup animation to this to allow players to move him when the ability is charged, preventing the skill from being wasted.)

(Monkey Palm) Hand of God: (7s) Stuns an enemy for 1/2/3 seconds or silences it for 2/4/6 seconds.
(Only used when an enemy isn't about to be killed by Saitam's next attack or skill. This is made to be faster and more versatile to allow Saitam to stun or silence every foe he combats.)

Angry God: (30s) Saitam's godly fury causes all enemies to suffer 25/50/75% more damage for 4/5/6 seconds.
(Slightly buffed because Saitam having to stand still is far less good than Kahz's roar. Therefore, it has the same debuff but for slightly more time.)

(Divine Nature) Divinity: (Passive) Saitam's godly nature restores 6/9/12 life per second.
(Just a change of name and slight buff to counteract his lower heal rate. Though unoriginal thanks to Cronan, the skill is very good in conjunction with his stun ability, so I left it to further augment his playstyle, which is more important than originality, to me.)

Saitam is now a proper damage-dealer, taking a longer time to execute his skills but with greater payoff. He still has awesome crowd control with Angry God and is now much tankier with the improved stun per second combined with his passive healing. He should be better at dealing damage, tanking, stalling, crowd control, and supporting the entire map, but not the best in either category because he only has one skill for each job.

Mirage

HP: 300
Regen: 33
Melee: 22-35 Stabs with a d agger twice per second
Ranged: 22-35 Throws a dagger twice per second
Armor: None
Speed: Fast
Respawn: 15s

Pocket Knives: (Passive) Adds 1/2/3 extra pockets for knives, each with a 10/20/30% chance of having 1 extra knife grabbed in an attack or ability.
(Chance occurs for each pocket, so while one pocket may not give an extra knife for the attack, another may. Multiple knives can be added in a single attack, but only 1 per pocket. Knives may stack for skills in order to multiply damage. Bonus knives will target the same enemy unless its health is below Mirage's attack damage and/or if a skill is being used, in which case they'll fly to any other enemies in range.)

Mirage: (8s) Sends out a clone for 3/4/5 seconds that fights an enemy in melee.
(Activates when a foe is close to melee range with Mirage, having the clone block the foe rather than have Mirage herself have to fight it and take damage. Clones have the same stats as Mirage, so they may be killed early. If the foe dies early, the clone will immediately disappear.)

Rending Blade: (12s) Throws a silver dagger that deals 30/50/70 physical damage and provides a whole in an enemy's armor, permanently allowing all of Mirage's attacks to bypass its resistances.
(Pulls out a knife and let's the sun make a bright flash of light on it before throwing it. Applies only to Mirage's attacks and not others'. Enemies without armor are the last to be targeted by this skill, but can still be attacked for some damage. Can throw multiple silver daggers to rend more enemy armors.)

Red Dagger: (16s) Tosses a red dagger to an enemy, dealing 30/40/50 damage and making it bleed for 10/15/20 damage per second for 4/5/6 seconds.
(Same animation as Rending Blade, but with a red knife. Can use Pocket Knives to throw more Red Daggers, bleeding multiple enemies or stacking heavy bleed damage to one foe.)

Lucky Dagger: (18s) Throws the Lucky Golden Dagger, which deals normal damage as True Damage and has a 20/30/40% instant slay chance.
(Same animation as Rending Blade but with a Golden knife. Can throw multiple Golden Daggers to hurt more enemies and increase the likelihood of instantly slaying foes.)

Mirage now has a clone to block enemies from going into melee with her, without the annoying dodge that misplaces her in dire situations. Because of her fast attacks and quickly-recharging skills, she's very likely to get multiple daggers from her new passive, with the potential to deal quadruple damage with not only her base attacks, but her skills as well. Though just a chance, she has the fastest cooldown for an instant kill ability of all heroes in the game, making her great for single targets. Pocket Knives augments her crowd control with luck, but all of her skills without it serve as methods of taking down larger foes easily.

Faustus

HP: 550
Regen: 50
Ranged: 90-150 Once per 1.5 seconds. Splits into 3 bolts dealing divided True Damage
Armour: None
Speed: Fast
Respawn: 30

Ancient Flame: (25s) Launches a mystical blue fyreball that explodes for 100/150/200 AOE True Damage, burning enemies. If less than 4 enemies were struck, the excess flames are drawn into the targets, distributing 60/90/120 True Damage among them.
(A simple AOE attack that then behaves like Durax's hero spell, splitting damage among enemies depending on how many were in the AOE. Deals an extra 30 damage over 2 seconds to enemies from the burning effect.)

Seal of Negation: (18s) Creates a magical rune for 3/4/5 seconds that traps up to 2/4/6 forcing them to all share damage that totals to 10% more for every foe not trapped.
(The rune stays in one place, trapping any enemies inside of it or that walk into it. Damage is distributed evenly, so that AOE can cause massive damage to enemies but also deal a significant chunk more to a lone foe. Having 5 enemies trapped makes them take 10% more damage, while 4 enemies results in 20%, and an extra 10% for each enemy not trapped.

Dragon Storm: (21s) Creates an orb of deadly draconian energy for 1/2/3 seconds, blasting magical lances at enemies for 40/50/60 True Damage.
(Shoots a lance every half second, always targeting the enemy with the most health and resistance first. Range is the same as Faustus', but can shoot underneath itself.)

Wall of Fyre: (30s) Creates a wall of flames for 3/4/5 seconds, incinerating enemies that touch it until it deals a total of 300/500/700 damage.
(Doesn't apply resistances to the HP taken. Enemies that can pass through still alive will be lit on fire for 15 True Damage per second for 2 seconds.)

Wildfyre: (30s) Lights a single enemy aflame for 2/4/6 seconds, dealing 20/40/60 True Damage per second and if slain, explodes for 30/60/90 fyre damage and passes the flames onto nearby enemies.
(Enemies killed explode in an AOE equivalent to Fiery Nut. If they are slain, another explosion happens and continues to spread the damage over time until the 6 seconds of burning are done, in which no more burning effects can be applied.)

Faustus is now more of a glass cannon, but has a better heal rate as well. With a slight damage buff and entirety new abilities, he fills the niche of a balance between DPS and AOE damage, so that Wilbur and Phoenix can still be the best in each individual category.
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
BBB

Re: Hero Makeovers

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:39 am

I'll probably critique this tomorrow or on the 24th. :)

But, a question for now:
How can you slay Vindicator? (I ask this 'cause according E.Demise's description, you can.) :?
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:47 am

If Reg'son is slain, then Vindicator retaliates. The hero is always left out as a subject initially in ability descriptions, so I tried to emulate that style. I hope it's clarified now.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:53 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:If Reg'son is slain, then Vindicator retaliates. The hero is always left out as a subject initially in ability descriptions, so I tried to emulate that style. I hope it's clarified now.

Wait, Vindicator instantly activates if Reg'son dies but only deals 300 True Damage instead of instakilling (IK)? :?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:48 am

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:If Reg'son is slain, then Vindicator retaliates. The hero is always left out as a subject initially in ability descriptions, so I tried to emulate that style. I hope it's clarified now.

Wait, Vindicator instantly activates if Reg'son dies but only deals 300 True Damage instead of instakilling (IK)? :?

Yeah. What's wrong with that? Vindicator still has the IK on a 50 second cooldown, so this is actually giving it even more power than before.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Yeah. What's wrong with that? Vindicator still has the IK on a 50 second cooldown, so this is actually giving it even more power than before.

Um...
It's bad because HS's are supposed to be able to be used by you whenever you want.
This way, if Reg'son dies, rather than still having Vindicator ready to be used at your
command, it's instantly used on someone that you might not even want it used on &
it doesn't even IK them. All it does is deal a measly 300 True Damage and set itself
onto that long 50s CD. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:39 pm

"Um" is not necessary in writing.

Vindicator isn't used up when Reg'son dies. Vindicator is the name of one of his blades, and the Hero Spell is named after it. The IK is still able to be used so long as it's charged, while the 300 damage is a separate cooldown. That's why it has a 20 second recharge while Vindicator (the Hero Spell) has 50 seconds. They're separate powers.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:"Um" is not necessary in writing.

Vindicator isn't used up when Reg'son dies. Vindicator is the name of one of his blades, and the Hero Spell is named after it. The IK is still able to be used so long as it's charged, while the 300 damage is a separate cooldown. That's why it has a 20 second recharge while Vindicator (the Hero Spell) has 50 seconds. They're separate powers.

It's not necessary, but it also isn't forbidden. ;)

Oh, well that's confusing. Well, if one of them is named Vindicator, then what's the other's name? And what special thing does it do?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Ninja wrote:It's not necessary, but it also isn't forbidden. ;)

There's too much fundamental logic about the world and life that I'd have to explain to teach you the fallacies of that statement. ;)

Ninja wrote:Oh, well that's confusing. Well, if one of them is named Vindicator, then what's the other's name? And what special thing does it do?

Everything I've told you is information that I can gather from his ability descriptions and the way he behaves in-game. I really can't understand how you don't know this when most poeple just read the descriptions of his powers and get how the general idea of how they work.

It's not anything factual, but I like to imagine that the other blade's special effect adding damage to Reg'son's Eldritch Blade. It fuels the Eldritch Fire that gives him the mighty True Damage in his attacks, while Vindicator has the small instant kill chance in each strike. It has no given name, but considering the vengeful nature of Reg'son's aesthetics, I'd name it Adjudicator.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Everything I've told you is information that I can gather from his ability descriptions and the way he behaves in-game. I really can't understand how you don't know this when most poeple just read the descriptions of his powers and get how the general idea of how they work.

It's not anything factual, but I like to imagine that the other blade's special effect adding damage to Reg'son's Eldritch Blade. It fuels the Eldritch Fire that gives him the mighty True Damage in his attacks, while Vindicator has the small instant kill chance in each strike. It has no given name, but considering the vengeful nature of Reg'son's aesthetics, I'd name it Adjudicator.

Oh, cool. :)
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Would you like me to post Vengeful Reg'Son here, in Ninja's thread or in another one?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Would you like me to post Vengeful Reg'Son here, in Ninja's thread or in another one?

Ugh, no. Take your pick between the two already existing threads, but don't make another redundant one, please.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:26 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Would you like me to post Vengeful Reg'Son here, in Ninja's thread or in another one?

Make another one. Preferably in Fanfiction, where it belongs.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:

Make another one. Preferably in Fanfiction, where it belongs.

Nooooooooo! I hate redundancy! (Whoops. That was redundant, wasn't it?Image )
Also, it doesn't belong in Fanfiction, 'cause it's a suggestion on how to make
a hero better. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:50 pm

That's like saying that a mini-campaign is a suggestion for how to make the game feel more complete, or have more variety. These ideas are too specific and subjective for them to be suggestions.

The next hero is going to be Karkinos. I have a LOT to change to make him more fun for myself, and hopefully others.
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:That's like saying that a mini-campaign is a suggestion for how to make the game feel more complete, or have more variety. These ideas are too specific and subjective for them to be suggestions.

No, it's not. Mini-campaigns are entirely different, as they're completely made up by you. This idea
is simply to take preexisting heroes and improve on them. These are simply helpful suggestions for
heroes, not something entirely new like a fanfic.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:That's like saying that a mini-campaign is a suggestion for how to make the game feel more complete, or have more variety. These ideas are too specific and subjective for them to be suggestions.

No, it's not. Mini-campaigns are entirely different, as they're completely made up by you. This idea
is simply to take preexisting heroes and improve on them. These are simply helpful suggestions for

This thread is dead now. Get over it. :roll:
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:

This thread is dead now. Get over it. :roll:

I know, but that argument had so satisfactory conclusion, so I wanted to finish it before letting the thread die. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:23 am

The thread lives on! :hero:

Update with Karkinos and Saitam from the other thread, as well as the new Mirage. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:36 am

I like the new Mirage, but I also really liked the animation for Lethal Strike. Too bad it had to go. :(
User

Next