KR Shipping

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

KR Shipping

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:28 am

No, this has nothing to do with FedEx or the likes.

So, with St. Val's day coming up, what better way to celebrate it than to post your favorite pairings in KR?

Rules:
If you have multiple pairings, please post one at a time. This will extend the thread life.
You don't really have to come up with a background or reason with your pairing, but if you do, it would be great if you elaborate further. Doesn't have to be a full story or anything, a simple explanation is fine.

With that, I'm gonna start with mine.

Heartbroken/star-crossed Ingvar X Elora.

I got this idea some time ago. I noticed that while Ingvar doesn't represent the Barbarian Tower mechanically, he represents them aesthetically. Since you get the Barbarian Tower in the mountains, I would assume Ingvar also hailed from there. Now, I don't know how old he is, but judging by his looks, I would assume he's quite old. Probably almost 50 or something.

Now with Elora. Before I got this idea, I can't really think of a backstory for her. She seems...too different from the other mage characters. Pale skin, ice hair, ice dress, ice surf, it's almost like she's a whole different being. Since she doesn't match any tower mechanically or aesthetically and her profile doesn't explain anything, I have to get creative. Based on her ice powers, I would assume she also originated from the mountains.

I imagined during his younger days, Ingvar was in some sort of relationship with Elora, either going out, engaged, or even married. However, for one reason or another, Elora died. Since Ingvar and the barbarians are somewhat based on vikings, and vikings burn their dead, Elora's body must be left somewhat intact. Maybe she died in a blizzard and her body was buried deep under the snow, or maybe she fell off a cliff, or maybe she got mauled by the winter wolves, anything that doesn't desecrate her body too much and left her unretrieveable.

During the time Vez'nan spread his reign of terror, the trolls overtook the mountains, disrupting whatever balance there was. This is where I introduce the shark-jumping element to the story: the Winter Spirit. I imagined the Winter Spirit is the embodiment of...well, the winter. Specifically, the eternal winter that covers the mountains. Sensing the disturbance in the force disruption of balance as well as a looming evil, the Winter Spirit wanted to act upon it. However, either it can't act much by itself, or it doesn't want to hinder Linirea's advances to defeat Vez'nan. This is where it found Elora's body and possessed her, using it as a vessel to channel its wrath more directly.

Ingvar could've met her again, but probably realized or was told that the woman he knew and loved was gone for good, and whoever stood before him was merely a shell. Imagine how heartbroken he would be.

tl;dr, Ingvar and Elora are past lovers. Elora died, and later her body was possessed by the Winter Spirit.

Ship away, guys.
Last edited by GeminiSparkSP on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

Re: KR Shipping

by Juice Box » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:24 am

Somebody better do Eridan and Alleria or Alric and Mirage, and that somebody had better do it right, or else these Forums will be purged.
User

by Chimto » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 am

Juice Box wrote:Somebody better do Eridan and Alleria or Alric and Mirage, and that somebody had better do it right, or else these Forums will be purged.

Does anyone ship these couples but you anyway?
Last edited by Chimto on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:41 am

I don't really have any head canon for ships; but Lynn and Reg'son are a ship.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Juice Box wrote:Eridan and Alleria or Alric and Mirage

AerisDraco wrote:Lynn and Reg'son

Huh. We all think alike.

Anyways, onto my next ship. Since everyone has the same ships, I'm gonna give my own take on them last.

Blackthorne X Bruxa

Not so much a preferred pairing as it's more of a shout-out/tribute to the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Besides, Blackthorne has to learn magic from somebody.
User

by Ninja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Chimto wrote:
Juice Box wrote:Somebody better do Eridan and Alleria or Alric and Mirage, and that somebody had better do it right, or else these Forums will be purged.

Does anyone ship these couples but you anyway?

Finwer probably ships Eridan and Alleria.
:hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:07 pm

A few that were going to be mentioned in the full stories I was planning on writing (that keep being put off). These aren't necessarily full ships, but they were relationship ideas that I had in development.

Oni an Elora

Thousands of years ago, Elora and a young Samurai fall in love. However the man must love her in secret because loving an outsider is forbidden by his clan. In order to find a way around it, he makes a deal with a demon to run away with her. They live in the mountains where Elora slowly learns magic. One day he is killed and as part of the deal he made becomes a demon himself. Elora is consumed by grief and becomes emotionless, consumed by ice and cold. Her magic becomes all powerful. Oni keeps his heart and mind and as punishment watches his beloved fall deeper into despair. Elora in the meantime does battle with a troll warlord, and traps both it and herself in a massive block of ice so that it can't go on to do more damage. Over the thousands of years, the latent magic causes the mountains to become a cold and bitter place, until Vez'nan eventually released the troll overlord and Elora at the same time.

Diedre and Sha'Tra

This isn't love, but a mutal understanding and respect. Sha'tra doesn't speak 'english' or any known language, which makes it haard for anyone to trust him. However, Diedre is empathic, so whilst she can't understand what he says, she knows what he feels. She can sense his honour, faith and trust and builds up a rapport with him by reading his feels rather than speaking his language.

Conan and the Spear Maidens

Conan is a brutish but dim witted jungle man. He doesn't care for outsiders, but he has a harem of women who make up his spear maiden bodyguards.

Lucrezia and Dante

Lucrezia is Dante's wife/partner/sister/female relative whatever, and the reason he's a hunter is because she was taken from him and turned to taunt him.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Noice.

Though, may I ask why you have these lying around?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 am

AerisDraco wrote:Noice.

Though, may I ask why you have these lying around?

He told you in his comment. They were ideas for full stories that he had planned on writing. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:27 am

I don't care for relationships, but I can appreciate the detail that Gemini and Razor put into their stories. If there were to be couples in the game world, I would want them to be the way that they're described here. :)

Or you could just do it yourself. ;)
BBB

by GeminiSparkSP » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:35 am

Up next.

Dante X Lucrezia

The backstory for this is kinda similar to Razor's, but I digress. Here's my own take on them.

Before Vasile's rise to power, Dante and Lucrezia were lovers who live in Bonesburg. Then, for one reason or another, Vasile rose to power. With his monster army, he overtook Bonesburg. A lot of people died, and the survivors were turned into monsters.

Dante escaped Bonesburg, but for one reason or another, Lucrezia didn't make it. Believing she was dead, he vowed to hunt each and every monster who were responsible, with Vasile as his main target. This is where he started his career as a demon hunter. He might have stumbled upon the Holy Order and received his holy arsenal from them. Many years later, now armed to the teeth with weapons and experience, he allied himself with Linirea's army to liberate Bonesburg.

Lucrezia didn't make it out of Bonesburg, and was captured by Vasile's army. She was later turned into a vampire, but for one reason or another, her mind stayed intact unlike the vampiresas', and so she escaped Vasile's grasp. Since she's a vampire and sunlight never reached the area around Dusk Chateau, she can't go anywhere, and so she waited for the right time to strike back against Vasile.

When Dante reached the Dusk Chateau, he might stumble upon Lucrezia again. Some hostility might ensue, but ultimately they reconcile and team up to kill Vasile.

I'm still undetermined where to go after Vasile's death. Whether Lucrezia turned into human again or not, and whether they stay together or not. If Lucrezia turned human, they would definitely stay together. However, if she didn't then there are some possibilities: either they stay together regardless, break up, stay apart star-crossed, or maybe even have Lucrezia ask Dante to end her cursed existence.
User

by shadownight » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:04 am

AerisDraco wrote:I don't really have any head canon for ships; but Lynn and Reg'son are a ship.

I made a fan art about that
and this is from juice box

User

by shadownight » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:33 am

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Up next.

Dante X Lucrezia

The backstory for this is kinda similar to Razor's, but I digress. Here's my own take on them.

Before Vasile's rise to power, Dante and Lucrezia were lovers who live in Bonesburg. Then, for one reason or another, Vasile rose to power. With his monster army, he overtook Bonesburg. A lot of people died, and the survivors were turned into monsters.

Dante escaped Bonesburg, but for one reason or another, Lucrezia didn't make it. Believing she was dead, he vowed to hunt each and every monster who were responsible, with Vasile as his main target. This is where he started his career as a demon hunter. He might have stumbled upon the Holy Order and received his holy arsenal from them. Many years later, now armed to the teeth with weapons and experience, he allied himself with Linirea's army to liberate Bonesburg.

Lucrezia didn't make it out of Bonesburg, and was captured by Vasile's army. She was later turned into a vampire, but for one reason or another, her mind stayed intact unlike the vampiresas', and so she escaped Vasile's grasp. Since she's a vampire and sunlight never reached the area around Dusk Chateau, she can't go anywhere, and so she waited for the right time to strike back against Vasile.

When Dante reached the Dusk Chateau, he might stumble upon Lucrezia again. Some hostility might ensue, but ultimately they reconcile and team up to kill Vasile.

I'm still undetermined where to go after Vasile's death. Whether Lucrezia turned into human again or not, and whether they stay together or not. If Lucrezia turned human, they would definitely stay together. However, if she didn't then there are some possibilities: either they stay together regardless, break up, stay apart star-crossed, or maybe even have Lucrezia ask Dante to end her cursed existence.

[+] SPOILER

User

by Juice Box » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:54 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Or you could just do it yourself. ;)

MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!?

VERY WELL. ER-HERM.

In the scorching heat of the Azsare desert, lay Hammerhold, the Bastion of Azsare, made to protect the Linirean citizens from the threats of the Frontiers. These warriors of Hammerhold formed an entirely separate army from Linirea's defenders, and though they are much smaller in size, many question still if they are of equal strength. Yes, it is true that the Linirean Army held its line and defeated the Dread Wizard Vez'nan when Hammerhold's could not, but it was the Bastion's warriors who single-handedly took down Lord Malagar, and protected the kingdom from the many threats that lay beyond the Frontiers. Plus, they killed Umbra, and Umbra's a god, so bonus points there.

The most powerful warrior to ever take arms in the name of the Frontiers, a man known as Alric, was once a part of a village beside the Zarafo River, known as Vilbezar ( VILlage BEside ZArafo River) because I am lazy like that. Vilbezar, much like other villages near the Bastion, such as Lopah and Saraze, also supplied food, men and weapons of war for the Frontiers' loyal defenders, however they also had the unique task of sending elite desert warriors for Hammerhold's defense whenever necessary. When the Dread Wizard Vez'nan appeared, his Nomad armies slaughtered the members of this village, and though they bought enough time for Hammerhold to prepare its defenses (going all 300-style), only Alric remained to remember this little village's legacy, and its people.

You see, little children, only Alric and his four closest friends, all elite warriors, managed to escape the Nomads' assault. Three of them were strong and agile, much like Alric himself, but one was really nublety and a total wimp, whose name brings so much shame that none may ever attempt to say it out loud, only its initials: a dreaded, "BBB." The five survivors pleaded to Hammerhold's defenders to send an army to retake Vilbezar, but they were too preoccupied with the defense of their precious Bastion. In fits of rage, the five stole the Great Hammer of Ages and embarked on a desperate journey to reclaim their homeland.

The Hammer of Ages, however, was more than just a normal weapon. Passed on from warrior to warrior, the Hammer combined the strength of every warrior who ever wielded it, becoming more powerful with each generation of loyal defenders, easily making it one of the greatest weapons to ever be wielded by man. The five set out, and even though only a small legion remained in Vilbuzar, they went ahead and eliminated every Nomad they saw, with Alric himself wielding the hammer. By that time, however, it was too late: Village Beside Zarafo River was reduced to rubble, looted and burned for sport, removed from the face of the continent. This only made the five angrier, but their berserk lasted only until they faced the leader of the Nomads: a ridiculously overpowered duelist known as Razor Leaf. In his left hand he possessed a mighty sword so sharp and so light that he could strike numerous times a single second, and in his right a horrendous magical glove with the ability to bring twisted, sand versions of his dead allies.

Three of the five were killed trying to bring him down (BBB was the first to go), leaving only two survivors, Alric included. The other survivor, a woman claimed to catch Alric's desire without lending it back, was said to disappear right after the battle. Rumors have it that she will never return, choosing to leave her past behind. Others say she is simply dead, and the mystery needn't be solved anymore. There are, however, a select few who report an enigmatic new addition to the Assassin Order near the time of her disappearance, but such a tale remains only as speculation.

As for Alric, he was left to pay for his crime of stealing the Hammer, and was banished from ever setting foot in Hammerhold. He spent weeks, months, to look for the woman, his last connection to who he once was, but found nothing.

He took the sword and twisted glove of the Nomad leader Razor Leaf, and spent much time using the glove, attempting to bring back his three fallen friends, to try and give him assurance that he isn't alone, that he has no family left, but the results were always the same: emotionless sand automatons that obeyed his will. Over the years, he has come to accept that he has no one to call family and no land to call home, but still he offered his sword in defense of the Bastion, and still he hopes for the return of his lost friend, and every time he sends those three automatons to battle, a part of him still wishes that somehow, some form of magic would bring those sand corpses back to life, because deep down, all this hardened warrior wants is his home and his friends back.

I'm too lazy to write something for Eridan and Alleria, so someone else do it.
Last edited by Juice Box on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by shadownight » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Or you could just do it yourself. ;)

[+] SPOILER
MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!?

VERY WELL. ER-HERM.

In the scorching heat of the Azsare desert, lay Hammerhold, the Bastion of Azsare, made to protect the Linirean citizens from the threats of the Frontiers. These warriors of Hammerhold formed an entirely separate army from Linirea's defenders, and though they are much smaller in size, many question still if they are of equal strength. Yes, it is true that the Linirean Army held its line and defeated the Dread Wizard Vez'nan when Hammerhold's could not, but it was the Bastion's warriors who single-handedly took down Lord Malagar, and protected the kingdom from the many threats that lay beyond the Frontiers. Plus, they killed Umbra, and Umbra's a god, so bonus points there.

The most powerful warrior to ever take arms in the name of the Frontiers, a man known as Alric, was once a part of a village beside the Zarafo River, known as Vilbezar ( VILlage BEside ZArafo River) because I am lazy like that. Vilbezar, much like other villages near the Bastion, such as Lopah and Saraze, also supplied food, men and weapons of war for the Frontiers' loyal defenders, however they also had the unique task of sending elite desert warriors for Hammerhold's defense whenever necessary. When the Dread Wizard Vez'nan appeared, his Nomad armies slaughtered the members of this village, and though they bought enough time for Hammerhold to prepare its defenses (going all 300-style), only Alric remained to remember this little village's legacy, and its people.

You see, little children, only Alric and his four closest friends, all warriors, managed to escape the Nomads' assault. Three of them were strong and agile, much like Alric himself, but one was really nublety and a total wimp, whose name brings so much shame that none may ever attempt to say it out loud, only its initials: a dreaded, "BBB." The five survivors pleaded to Hammerhold's defenders to send an army to retake Vilbezar, but they were too preoccupied with the defense of their precious Bastion. In fits of rage, the five stole the Great Hammer of Ages and embarked on a desperate journey to reclaim their homeland.

The Hammer of Ages, however, was more than just a normal weapon. Passed on from warrior to warrior, the Hammer combined the strength of every warrior who ever wielded it, becoming more powerful with each generation of loyal defenders, easily making it one of the greatest weapons to ever be wielded by man. The five set out, and even though only a small legion remained in Vilbuzar, they went ahead and eliminated every Nomad they saw, with Alric himself wielding the hammer. By that time, however, it was too late: Village Beside Zarafo River was reduced to rubble, looted and burned for sport, removed from the face of the continent. This only made the five angrier, but their berserk lasted only until they faced the leader of the Nomads: a ridiculously overpowered duelist known as Razor Leaf. In his left hand he possessed a mighty sword so sharp and so light that he could strike numerous times a single second, and in his right a horrendous magical glove with the ability to bring twisted, sand versions of his dead allies.

Three of the five were killed trying to bring him down (BBB was the first to go), leaving only two survivors, Alric included. The other survivor, a woman claimed to catch Alric's desire without lending it back, was said to disappear right after the battle. Rumors have it that she will never return, choosing to leave her past behind. Others say she is simply dead, and the mystery needn't be solved anymore. There are, however, a select few who report an enigmatic new addition to the Assassin Order near the time of her disappearance, but such a tale remains only as speculation.

As for Alric, he was left to pay for his crime of stealing the Hammer, and was banished from ever setting foot in Hammerhold. He spent weeks, months, to look for the woman, his last connection to who he once was, but found nothing.

He took the sword and twisted glove of the Nomad leader Razor Leaf, and spent much time using the glove, attempting to bring back his three fallen friends, to try and give him assurance that he isn't alone, that he has no family left, but the results were always the same: emotionless sand automatons that obeyed his will. Over the years, he has come to accept that he has no one to call family and no land to call home, but still he offered his sword in defense of the Bastion, and still he hopes for the return of his lost friend, and every time he sends those three automatons to battle, a part of him still wishes that somehow, some form of magic would bring those sand corpses back to life, because deep down, all this hardened warrior wants is his home and his friends back.

I'm too lazy to write something for Eridan and Alleria, so someone else do it.

Wow so long!

User

by AerisDraco » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm

I would, but shipping's not my forte.

Actually, strike that. Maybe wait a few minutes... or hours...
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by GeminiSparkSP » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Juice Box wrote:Fanfic

Too much backstory, and barely a ship.

Granted, I don't really have much going for Alric X Mirage beyond the fact that they're the first heroes you get, and lore-wise, I can only come up with a typical "love blooming during the war" kind of situation. So, until I can come up with a decent enough material, this ship stays at the port for me.

Anyways, next up is Arivan X Catha.

I did some digging around in the Ask the Studio thread, and I found out that Catha is in love with Eridan. However, we all know Eridan's gonna score with Alleria. At some point, Catha has to let go. Either she goes after the next best thing which is his brother Arivan, or Arivan comes up to Catha first to console her, and they hook up not long after.
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Eridan, Alleria, and Arivan (Not that kind of ship, just general relations and stuff) (Also mostly based off dev talk) (Also forgive my terrible storytelling)

Eridan and Arivan are two Elven brothers, born to an Elven mother and a Druidic father. They lived in the inner city of Aredhel, as most magi save the Wild Magi and the High Elven Mages do. They weren't the lowest station, but not as high as the queen, yet still close. One day, while their father was demonstrating nature magic to them in the Royal Gardens, Eridan saw Alleria, the energetic daughter of the Queen, for the first time. He immediately wanted to be friends, or more than that, even.

While Arivan would stay at home, practicing his magic, Eridan would head out to the Gardens to meet with Alleria, who taught him archery. He even did use his few magical talents to be able to call a few arrows down from the sky, occasionally. They continued to improve their archery and fighting skills, as Arivan continued to improve his magic.

Eventually, the time came for the brothers to choose their careers, as much as elves have them, anyway. The family, on both sides, was steeped in wizardry and magical arts, and as such, the brothers were expected to become mages. Arivan, the older, more level-headed yet selfish one, not only became a mage, but invented an entire new branch of wizardry, calling himself an Elementalist. He went away from home, having already learned what he could in Aredhel, to seek the arts of Fire and Water magic. However, Eridan, being more compulsive, wanted to become a ranger, as Alleria was to be. For this decision, he was shamed by his family, and he took it upon himself to leave, and only return to Aredhel to speak with Alleria.

He went to the Gray Ravens, the elven port, to catch a ship headed north to Linirea. However, before he could leave, a wise wizard traveling with a halfling said that he would be needed. Then, the battle horns of the town sounded, and a horde of moorish Gnolls emerge from the east. Eridan bid farewell to the wizard, and went to combat. He joined the Elven defenses, and soon heard that the capital was in danger. With the Elven army following, they went as quickly as they could to the capital, finding that only the Bladesingers remained in the capital's garrison. He reunited with Alleria, and they began to take down the gnoll armies, now being led partially by Twilight Elves.

The army fell back to Gryphon Point, where a giant eagle was being prepared for Alleria to fly away to Linirea for help. The army, with the help of the Wild Magi, managed to fend off the Gnoll horde, even defeating Hi-Hi Enha, the largest, smelliest, and craziest gnoll. Alleria prepared to leave, her kitten in tow, but before she left, Eridan gave her kiss, and bid farewell.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:15 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Arivan X Catha

This is an affront to Juice Box's very existence. She'll watch you die in a burning volcano for this. :lol:
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Ninja wrote:This is an affront to Juice Box's very existence. She'll watch you die in a burning volcano for this. :lol:

Why?
User

Next