VOTING: Enemy Combination

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Vote for your favourite entry

Poll ended at Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Entry One
1
9%
Entry Two
0
No votes
Entry Three
1
9%
Entry Four
0
No votes
Entry Five
1
9%
Entry Six
2
18%
Entry Seven
5
45%
Entry Eight
1
9%
 
Total votes : 11

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:06 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Reg'son, Xin, Pheonix, Faustus, & Wilbur all have 500 or greater HP too. ;)


Ninja, you're going to embarrass yourself. Think about what you just wrote. ;)


I thought about it, and they all do have more than 500 HP. And if you mean that they're flying, so they couldn't be targeted, then it could just be that the Assassin would throw a knife rather than slash their throat. ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by RZRider » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:34 am

You forgot several enemies that have greater 500 hp
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 am
Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:40 am

Why would an enemy target his brethren? ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by RZRider » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 am

Sorry. I mean't heroes
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 am
Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:18 am

RZRider wrote:Sorry. I mean't heroes


Which ones did I miss then?
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 am

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Reg'son, Xin, Pheonix, Faustus, & Wilbur all have 500 or greater HP too. ;)


Ninja, you're going to embarrass yourself. Think about what you just wrote. ;)


I thought about it, and they all do have more than 500 HP. And if you mean that they're flying, so they couldn't be targeted, then it could just be that the Assassin would throw a knife rather than slash their throat. ;)


Still, though, the ability doesn't say it can target flying Heroes, nor does it detail how it would possibly go about using the ability on a helicopter-riding dwarf. The automatic assumption a normal reader would get is that it can only hit ground targets.

Also, I already mentioned Reg'son, and Xin isn't even worth mentioning since he spends approximately 362% more time dead than alive, so Twilight Assassins usually won't even target him anyway.

Suck it, stupid panda.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by RZRider » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:53 am

Bravebark, bruce and many others.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 am
Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 pm

You know, there's this wonderful thing people do where they read what other people before them said. It's pretty interesting.

I wrote:... only Lynn, Reg'son, Razz, Bruce and Bravebark will ever actually be targets for assassination. All other Heroes are in the clear.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:
I thought about it, and they all do have more than 500 HP. And if you mean that they're flying, so they couldn't be targeted, then it could just be that the Assassin would throw a knife rather than slash their throat. ;)


Still, though, the ability doesn't say it can target flying Heroes, nor does it detail how it would possibly go about using the ability on a helicopter-riding dwarf. The automatic assumption a normal reader would get is that it can only hit ground targets.

Also, I already mentioned Reg'son, and Xin isn't even worth mentioning since he spends approximately 362% more time dead than alive, so Twilight Assassins usually won't even target him anyway.

Suck it, stupid panda.


Not really. I mean, the Assassin could even just teleport to the flying hero and slash them, and then fall to the ground. It could look a little weird, but maybe they could do a roll or something when they hit the ground to make it boss-style.
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Ninja wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:
I thought about it, and they all do have more than 500 HP. And if you mean that they're flying, so they couldn't be targeted, then it could just be that the Assassin would throw a knife rather than slash their throat. ;)


Still, though, the ability doesn't say it can target flying Heroes, nor does it detail how it would possibly go about using the ability on a helicopter-riding dwarf. The automatic assumption a normal reader would get is that it can only hit ground targets.

Also, I already mentioned Reg'son, and Xin isn't even worth mentioning since he spends approximately 362% more time dead than alive, so Twilight Assassins usually won't even target him anyway.

Suck it, stupid panda.


Not really. I mean, the Assassin could even just teleport to the flying hero and slash them, and then fall to the ground. It could look a little weird, but maybe they could do a roll or something when they hit the ground to make it boss-style.


That's why I said automatic assumption. Unless it was specified otherwise that Assassins can slice the throats of even helicopters and dragons, then the reader's logical assumption is that it'll only target ground. Because nothing like that was ever detailed in the ability's description, anyway, we have to rule out what you said.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote: Not really. I mean, the Assassin could even just teleport to the flying hero and slash them, and then fall to the ground. It could look a little weird, but maybe they could do a roll or something when they hit the ground to make it boss-style.


That's why I said automatic assumption. Unless it was specified otherwise that Assassins can slice the throats of even helicopters and dragons, then the reader's logical assumption is that it'll only target ground. Because nothing like that was ever detailed in the ability's description, anyway, we have to rule out what you said.


But why would you automatically assume that? All it says is that it slashes the throat of any unit with more than 500 HP. That would include dragons and the like, and on its most basic level of understanding, rule out what you've been saying. ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Ninja wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote: Not really. I mean, the Assassin could even just teleport to the flying hero and slash them, and then fall to the ground. It could look a little weird, but maybe they could do a roll or something when they hit the ground to make it boss-style.


That's why I said automatic assumption. Unless it was specified otherwise that Assassins can slice the throats of even helicopters and dragons, then the reader's logical assumption is that it'll only target ground. Because nothing like that was ever detailed in the ability's description, anyway, we have to rule out what you said.


But why would you automatically assume that? All it says is that it slashes the throat of any unit with more than 500 HP. That would include dragons and the like, and on its most basic level of understanding, rule out what you've been saying. ;)


Ugh, swear to God, your thinking is beyond horrible.

The Ability wrote:*Shadow Strike: When a unit with 500 or more HP is in range (Long detection range), the Assassin will Shadow Jump to that unit and slash their throat mightily, dealing 500 True Damage. If the unit doesn't die, then the Assassin will continue to fight them. Only used once per fight, as the first strike.


Alright, you know what? Looking at the above, yeah, sure, you're right. The ability does say any unit with more than 500HP. Let's throw in fellow enemies to that list, then. Twilight Avengers? Oh, 1300 health, meaning they're vulnerable to Assassins, too. Neat. Oh, and Golems, too. And probably even bosses, yeah. I mean, it does say any unit after all, as long as it has more than 500 health.

We can assume that enemies aren't affected by the ability, but like you said, why should we automatically assume that? All it does say it that it slashes the throat of any unit with more than 500 HP. That would include dragons, enemies, and the like. And you know, that really does make sense. So you're completely right on this, ignore everything I've been saying.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:
Juice Box wrote:That's why I said automatic assumption. Unless it was specified otherwise that Assassins can slice the throats of even helicopters and dragons, then the reader's logical assumption is that it'll only target ground. Because nothing like that was ever detailed in the ability's description, anyway, we have to rule out what you said.


But why would you automatically assume that? All it says is that it slashes the throat of any unit with more than 500 HP. That would include dragons and the like, and on its most basic level of understanding, rule out what you've been saying. ;)


Ugh, swear to God, your thinking is beyond horrible.

The Ability wrote:*Shadow Strike: When a unit with 500 or more HP is in range (Long detection range), the Assassin will Shadow Jump to that unit and slash their throat mightily, dealing 500 True Damage. If the unit doesn't die, then the Assassin will continue to fight them. Only used once per fight, as the first strike.


Alright, you know what? Looking at the above, yeah, sure, you're right. The ability does say any unit with more than 500HP. Let's throw in fellow enemies to that list, then. Twilight Avengers? Oh, 1300 health, meaning they're vulnerable to Assassins, too. Neat. Oh, and Golems, too. And probably even bosses, yeah. I mean, it does say any unit after all, as long as it has more than 500 health.

We can assume that enemies aren't affected by the ability, but like you said, why should we automatically assume that? All it does say it that it slashes the throat of any unit with more than 500 HP. That would include dragons, enemies, and the like. And you know, that really does make sense. So you're completely right on this, ignore everything I've been saying.


According to the abilities of past enemies (real ones) with similar descriptions (i.e.: targets an unspecified unit or something akin to that), that would only imply player units. And before you say, "But what about the enemies who have abilities that target specific units such as the one in question here?" I'll just say this, there are no abilities like that.
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:30 pm

You're going off topic now, give it a rest or take it to PM please.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:17 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:You're going off topic now, give it a rest or take it to PM please.


Really? As far as I can tell, this is still discussing something very much related to the contest, and the conclusion of this debate could very well help one or both of the involved parties discern which entry to vote for.
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:50 pm

Ninja wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:You're going off topic now, give it a rest or take it to PM please.


Really? As far as I can tell, this is still discussing something very much related to the contest, and the conclusion of this debate could very well help one or both of the involved parties discern which entry to vote for.


Because the past 16 posts have been about nothing but the HP of units and whether an enemy will target them or not. The thread only has 34 replies (35 as of this post), so that's practically half the topic about the discussion of one single entry. There are eight entries, with four enemies each, and you are singling out one of thirty-two to dedicate all of your time to. You're arguing over whether an enemy will attack other enemies because of the wording. You know fully well it means it wont attack units on the same side as it, so stop being petty.

So I'm asking you to stop. I'd rather not take a step up and changing asking to telling.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:31 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ninja wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:You're going off topic now, give it a rest or take it to PM please.


Really? As far as I can tell, this is still discussing something very much related to the contest, and the conclusion of this debate could very well help one or both of the involved parties discern which entry to vote for.


Because the past 16 posts have been about nothing but the HP of units and whether an enemy will target them or not. The thread only has 34 replies (35 as of this post), so that's practically half the topic about the discussion of one single entry. There are eight entries, with four enemies each, and you are singling out one of thirty-two to dedicate all of your time to. You're arguing over whether an enemy will attack other enemies because of the wording. You know fully well it means it wont attack units on the same side as it, so stop being petty.

So I'm asking you to stop. I'd rather not take a step up and changing asking to telling.


Fine.
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:37 pm

Nice mod(erator)-ing.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by Ninja » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Someone else needs to vote! Otherwise, there'll be a four way tie for second, which is kinda' weird.
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: VOTING: Enemy Combination

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Voting is closed, and I am pleased to announce that we have a winner!

In first place with five votes is Juice Box!

In second place with two votes is The Kingmaker!

In joint third place, with one vote each is Ninja, RaZoR LeAf, AerisDraco and tmn loveblue

Congratulations to everyone who took part. Voting is now disabled on this thread, and it has been demoted to regular thread for further discussion if desired. In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled a new contest will be posted in a few days!
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
cron