My heroes

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:44 pm

I'm still waiting for more reviews and I'm hoping to make another hero tomorrow :)
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Ook ook wrote:I'm still waiting for more reviews and I'm hoping to make another hero tomorrow :)


Patience, young padawan. ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Yes master sorry master
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:47 am

I'm going to add a new hero this weekend
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Finooth is the opposite of Dorinth, in that almost everything he has is OP rather than balanced.

The stats are good, but his regeneration is kind of UP, while his melee attack is OP; and his ranged attack is also OP because while it has balanced DPS, the range it has is OP for such DPS. Lower the damage of the melee attack to 10-20; he shouldn't have an extremely good melee attack anyways, as he is a ranged and should therefore have a ranged focal point. As for his regeneration, increase it to 40. Also, either lower the range he has to great or lower the DPS he possesses slightly.

The quotes are pretty plain, and the same goes for Dorinth, sadly. Also, heroes have 5 quotes, not 6. If you could reference some things in the pop culture world, then it would feel more like something from KR. As it is now, the quotes of both heroes are sorely lacking in terms of KR charm.

Upon reflection, I'm not sure if Sniper Shot is balanced even now that is has that cooldown. With that fancy schmancy targeting system that it has, it is basically a triple Vindicator, and that would have a whopping 150 seconds of CD time. That isn't the solution though, as then you would almost never see it in action, and therefore feel like its actually pretty lame. Therefore, I would suggest removing this power's current form, and replacing it with something similar to this:

Piercing Shot (35s CD): Shoots a bullet at the largest enemy on screen, instantly killing it; and pierces through the enemy, dealing 50/100/150 True Damage to any single enemy behind the killed enemy. If the enemy is hit & killed by the piercing bullet, then the bullet pierces still further, dealing its damage again. This can continue endlessly.

Bullet Volley is just OP for its CD. 15 seconds is a more fitting CD.

Explosive Shot is fine, leave it as it is.

Flaming Shot is a little OP, increase the CD by 1 second.

I don't like Mithril Bullets, because, as I've said before, stat passives are unoriginal and basically a waste of a skill slot. If you could change it to a more original power, then that would be great. (But keep him dealing 90-110 damage normally when you take it away.)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Ninja wrote:Also, heroes have 5 quotes, not 6.


Having more quotes is actually better, though. Heroes won't be as repetitive if they say more lines. ;)
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Also, heroes have 5 quotes, not 6.


Having more quotes is actually better, though. Heroes won't be as repetitive if they say more lines. ;)


But that isn't how they operate as of now; if he wants to implement such changes, then he should create a game idea. If not, then he should stick to the normal procedures, to emphasize reality. ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm planning on doing a game idea soon!

I will read your review when I have time thanks for making one
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:29 pm

Ook ook wrote:I'm planning on doing a game idea soon!


What, really? I would suggest giving that a lot of thought; seems like a pretty big commitment.
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:34 am

I know I won't be posting it for a wile but I will start working on it soon (these heroes will be for it) :)
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by BigBadWolf » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Hey I found your thread! And I think its all good. (A tad bit UP)
His 1st power I'd say: decrease the cost to 3/3/3. And CD to 60/50/40.
His 2nd I'd say: decrease cost two 2/2/2. And put up the CD to 15 and increase the Damage to 15/20/25
The 3rd change the CD to 12 sec.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the silent laughs you hear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 pm
Location: Somewhere where it looks like Nowhere...

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:31 pm

BigBadWolf wrote:Hey I found your thread! And I think its all good. (A tad bit UP)
His 1st power I'd say: decrease the cost to 3/3/3. And CD to 60/50/40.
His 2nd I'd say: decrease cost two 2/2/2. And put up the CD to 15 and increase the Damage to 15/20/25
The 3rd change the CD to 12 sec.


If you're are speaking of Finooth, then you must be insane, as those changes would transform him into one massively OP dude. ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:31 am

update 0.2.2
Changed FINOOTHs Melee damage to 10-20
Changed FINOOTHs rang damage to 90-100
Changed FINOOTHs regain to 40 per second
Changed sniper shot targeting
Changed bullet volley cooldown
Changed flaming shot cooldown
Added punching shot

Thanks for the advice ninja :D
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:41 am

Excellent editing! :D
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:34 am

Thanks :D

Are you going to make a new hero soon ninja?
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Ninja wrote:
BigBadWolf wrote:Hey I found your thread! And I think its all good. (A tad bit UP)
His 1st power I'd say: decrease the cost to 3/3/3. And CD to 60/50/40.
His 2nd I'd say: decrease cost two 2/2/2. And put up the CD to 15 and increase the Damage to 15/20/25
The 3rd change the CD to 12 sec.


If you're are speaking of Finooth, then you must be insane, as those changes would transform him into one massively OP dude. ;)


What? No it wouldn't! Decrease the EXP cost of some of the powers and he'd be great! He would not be massively OP! I have no clue what your talking about!


OK maybe don't decrease the CD of the first power so dramatically...but I think it should go down a bit. (Or is that the hero spell? If it is then its fine)
btw, yes sorry, I am talking about Finooth.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the silent laughs you hear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 pm
Location: Somewhere where it looks like Nowhere...

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Also, Ook Ook. Finooths quote 'target acquired' is already a quote from the mech drivers in KRF.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the silent laughs you hear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 pm
Location: Somewhere where it looks like Nowhere...

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ninja » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:07 pm

BigBadWolf wrote:
Ninja wrote:
BigBadWolf wrote:Hey I found your thread! And I think its all good. (A tad bit UP)
His 1st power I'd say: decrease the cost to 3/3/3. And CD to 60/50/40.
His 2nd I'd say: decrease cost two 2/2/2. And put up the CD to 15 and increase the Damage to 15/20/25
The 3rd change the CD to 12 sec.


If you're are speaking of Finooth, then you must be insane, as those changes would transform him into one massively OP dude. ;)


What? No it wouldn't! Decrease the EXP cost of some of the powers and he'd be great! He would not be massively OP! I have no clue what your talking about!


OK maybe don't decrease the CD of the first power so dramatically...but I think it should go down a bit. (Or is that the hero spell? If it is then its fine)
btw, yes sorry, I am talking about Finooth.


Sniper Shot is a triple instakill, and looking at the Arcane Wizard, it should have that long of a CD for sure. And do you know the DPS values of the other skills with those changes? They're insane! ;)
:hero:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by The Kingmaker » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:40 pm

(Unless you have more powers than points or are upgrading mid-level or something, the exp points for a power is a nice flourish to denote the realities power of abilities, but is ultimately futile at level 10 and unless you really want to not much though should be given to them)

- My 2 pence on the EXP debacle
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: My ideas (heroes)

by Ook ook » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:46 pm

BigBadWolf wrote:Also, Ook Ook. Finooths quote 'target acquired' is already a quote from the mech drivers in KRF.

I know I did that intentionally ;)
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests