CivBERT Heroes

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

CivBERT Heroes

by AerisDraco » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:54 pm

And now, a break from your regularly scheduled KRA updates:

I felt like it, so I'm remaking (and adding to) the first heroes I ever made. (Memories...) One hero when I feel like it.
The OP

A bit of info on the source material:
Civilization: Beyond Earth: Rising Tide (Or CivBERT, which happens to be one of the worst acronyms I've heard in a while) is an awesome, but definitely overpriced 4X strategy game. A list of images for each hero is located at the bottom of the post. (Note: All of them are from the wiki, and if any of them aren't, they're self-cropped wiki images)
Each of the heroes is based on one Affinity (or Hybrid).

Concordius
Alien

Affinity: Harmony
[+] SPOILER
Harmony is one of the three affinities in Civilization: Beyond Earth. Instead of changing an alien world to suit them, the followers of this Affinity alter their own DNA with various traits from the local wildlife in order to be able to survive there. Ultimately, most Harmony purists seek to build a biotechnological construct which will, through the use of specialized nanites, eventually link all organisms with brains on the planet into one massive compound intelligence on par with a god. They are able to have alien creatures as units and specialize in rapid movement and the use of the planet's terrain and natural features in their military affairs.

Focus: Passive DoT

Concordius resembles a Marauder.

HP: 340 (+25) [565]
Melee: 5-13 physical (+1, +1) [14-22] {Shoots every second}
Ranged: 8-12 true (+1, +1) [17-21] {Pulls out a Shredder's bazooka and fires every 1.5 seconds)
Regen: 4 per second (+4) [40 per second]
Armor: 50%
Speed: Fast
Respawn: 20 seconds

Skills:

Miasma (Innate)
-Each attack has a chance (~25%) miasma poisoning, which deals 0.5 DPS permanently.
-When an enemy is killed by miasma, it spawns a small (~1 meter diameter) area of Miasma, which may further poison opponents. A cloud lasts for 5 seconds.
-If a friendly unit is standing in miasma, they gain 50% increased regeneration.

Xeno Siren (Active, 25 seconds) (2/3/4)
Activates a Xeno Siren satellite over the largest group of enemies on the map. The Xeno Siren summons aliens, which spawn as follows.
L1: Summons 1 Wolf Beetle.
L2: Summons an add. Raptor Bug.
L3: Summons an add. Manticore.
Stats: (Beetle/Raptor/Manticore)
HP: 100/120/140
Melee: 10-12/16-20/6-7
Ranged: nill/nill/12-14 splash

The aliens gain +4 hp per second regen in miasma. The countdown begins once they die.

Mind Stem (Active, 25 seconds) (2/2/2)
Plants a Mind Stem. The Mind Stem has a average/long/great range. It allows any towers that are in its range to use the range of any other affected towers. Lasts for 10 seconds. Extended to 15 when planted on a Miasmic cloud.

Scatter (Passive) (1/1/1)
Each attack has a 10 x π% chance to scatter enemies, moving them backwards and stunning for 0.25/0.5/0.75 seconds.

Worm Caller (Active, 28 seconds) (2/2/2)
Summons 1/2/3 Siege Worms, which dig beneath the ground, dealing 20-30 AoE physical to any enemies they come into contact with. If engaged in melee, they will go above ground and deliver a strike dealing 100-120 AoE. They disappear after 8 seconds if not engaged.
May upset some spells, like the Blood Ogre's crystallize thing.

Xeno Titan (Hero Spell, 80 seconds) (4/4/4)
Summons a Xeno Titan on the selected spot. Lasts for 35 seconds.
Stats:
HP: 650/800/950/1100
Regen: 10 per second
Damage: 10-20/20-30/30-40/40-50 (Hits twice with dual claws, every 1.5 seconds)
At level 1 (upgrade) the Titan gains 25% more damage in Miasma, as well as the improved regen.
At level 2, the Titan gains 50% defense versus ranged enemies.
At level 3, the Titan heals 2% of it's health per killed enemy.

Notes: Concordius is a hero based around Miasma. Many of his skills benefit from it, in addition to it being a powerful force on its own. Xeno Siren provides a useful semi-barracks anywhere on the map, though it may not benefit from being placed in the largest group. The Mind Stem, if put in the right location, can be very powerful as well. Scatter further reinforces the Miasma, pushing enemies back and stunning, leading to either getting Miasma poisoned, or pushed into a cloud of the stuff. Worm Caller provides a way to defend a barracks, and provide a quick pinch of AoE in process. Finally, the Titan is a powerful force. While statwise it isn't as good as Dark Pact, I think that the abilities make up for it.

Casitatus
Purist

Affinity: Purity
[+] SPOILER
Purity is one of the three affinities in Civilization: Beyond Earth. The Purity affinity desires to preserve and improve upon mankind as they are and seeks to convert the planet into a state similar to Old Earth before the Great Mistake, regardless of what happens to the local wildlife. The ultimate goal of a Purity purist is to eventually resettle much of the Earth's diaspora onto the planet and save that world from overpopulation and resource depletion. Purity military forces concentrate mostly on mechanical exoskeletons, energy weapons, and amphibious attacks, thanks to their armadas of LEV vehicles.

Focus: Defensive

Casitatus resembles a Centurion.

HP: 400 (+20) [580]
Melee: 5-7 physical (+1, +1) [14-16] {Shoots every second}
Ranged: 1-4 physical (+1, +1) [10-13] {Fires 3 tracer shots every 2 seconds)
Regen: 3 per second (+3) [30 per second]
Armor: 70%
Speed: Slow
Respawn: 25 seconds

Skills:

LEV Suit (Innate)
May levitate while moving. Ignores terrain obstacles, as flying heroes do.

Holomatrix (Active, 35 seconds) (3/3/3)
Activates a Holomatrix satellite. It summons 1/2/3 invincible holograms which engage enemies for 3/6/9 seconds.

Exodus (Passive) (1/1/1)
When Casitatus dies, he disappears into a portal. The portal will suck in any nearby enemies, up to 1/2/3. For each enemy, it boosts his respawn by 2 seconds.

Fortify (Passive) (1/2/2)
For every 10/8/6 seconds Casitatus does not move, he gains +2 damage. Stacks up to +10.

Irradiate (Active, 30 seconds) (3/3/3)
Detonates a dirty bomb, which halves the health of 1/2/3 nearby enemies. (If a miniboss is hit, it takes ~2000 damage.)

LEV Destroyer (Hero Spell, 60 seconds) (3/3/4)
Take control of a LEV Destroyer's bombardment capabilities to blast your enemies to oblivion!
In this Spell, you can tap at multiple locations, and destruction will follow.
You can tap 1/3/5 times, with each shot dealing 50-100/100-200/150-300/200-400 true damage.

Notes: Casitatus is a defensive tank. Entrench him, and you're good. Fortify is a simple damage boost, but it can quickly stack with his ranged attack to deal a lot of damage. Holomatrix can provide extra reinforcements when you are overwhelmed, or simply to keep your actual units from taking damage. Irradiate, meanwhile, can deal a lot of damage, especially to high health mooks like the Golem. And Exodus means that even if Casitatus dies (and he's hard to kill), he'll still take someone with him. And the Destroyer is a useful, if simple, AoE spell.

Imperius
Cyborg

Affinity: Supremacy
[+] SPOILER
Supremacy is one of the three affinities in Civilization: Beyond Earth. They focus on improving technology and improving themselves with cybernetics in order to be able to survive the harshest of environments on the new planet regardless of outside conditions. The ultimate goal of pure Supremacists is to eventually ascend into a massive digital consciousness and return to Earth in order to free the humans there from their organic bodies and bring about a new age of digital and mechanical immortality.

Focus: Barracks Support

Imperius resembles a Apostle.

HP: 300 (+10) [390]
Melee: 3-6 physical (+1, +2) [12-24] {Shoots every second}
Ranged: 20-25 (+1, +1) [29-34] {Uses a railgun, with an extreme range and pierce. Fires every 4 seconds.}
Regen: 2 per second (+2) [20 per second]
Speed: Medium
Respawn: 20 seconds

Skills:

Adjacency (Innate)
For every nearby soldier, Imperius gains a 8% combat bonus. Stacks up to 48%.

Orbital Fabricator (Active, 25 seconds) (2/2/2)
Summons an Orbital Fabricator into the skies above. The satellite boosts the respawn of soldiers in the area by 1/2/3 seconds, and soldiers in the area grant double bounty when they kill an enemy. Lasts for 3/6/9 seconds.

Emancipation (Active, 20 seconds) (3/3/3)
Summons 2 Apostles. 5%/10%/15% chance that one will be an Executor. Up to 3/5/7 units can be active at one time.
Apostle
HP: 200
Damage: 3-7
Armor: 20%

Executor
HP: 150
Damage: 2-5
Armor: 20%
Ranged, attacks two enemies at once.
Both units may also use Imperius' passive, but each adjacent unit only provides a 4% combat bonus.

Sniper (Passive) (1/1/1)
Increases the pierce of Imperius' ranged attack, and decreases the reload by 0.3 seconds.

Sabotage (Active, 30 seconds) (2/2/2)
Negates all enemy specials in an AoE for 4/6/8 seconds.

ANGEL (Hero Spell, 90 seconds) (4/4/4)
Uploads his mind to an ANGEL. The ANGEL is a massive combat walker, capable of ranged combat. His mind is instantly transported to the ANGEL in a different location. His normal body will remain in the place where it last was. When his body is being attacked, Imperius automatically goes and defends it, leaving the ANGEL unoperational. When destroyed, Imperius goes back to his body.

ANGEL
HP: 500
Damage: 30-40/35-45/40-50/45-55 AoE physical damage.
Armor: 10%/20%/30%/40%
Magic Resist: 10%/20%/30%/40%
Speed: Slow
Does not benefit from Adjacency. May not engage in melee, though enemies may engage it.

Notes: Imperius is an interesting hero. Nigh unkillable when surrounded with barracks, given the amount of buffs Imperius can bestow. The Fabricator helps with any regular barracks, and if no barracks are available, Imperius will summon troops. However, while his attack stats are quite good, especially when buffed, his defensive stats leave much to be desired, with a relatively low health and truly terrible regen. In fact, if Imperius gets real low, it might be better to just let Imperius die. Sabotage is useful, if niche, ability, and quite useful against things like Heretics or Ogre Magi. Finally, the ANGEL. By far one of the strangest hero spells, it can be quite useful if played in the right time and place. Remember that it can be moved via the Hero Portrait.

Images
Concordius
[+] SPOILER
Marauder (First from the left)
Wolf Beetle
Raptor Bug
Manticore
Siege Worm
Xeno Titan

Casitatus
[+] SPOILER
Centurion (Middle)
LEV Destroyer

Imperius
[+] SPOILER
Apostle (Far right)
Executor (Far right again)
ANGEL
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

Re: CivBERT Heroes

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:14 am

Keep adding to this, Aeris. All of my homework is holding me back from giving extensive, proper reviews, but I like your hero so far and look forward to giving it feedback in a couple of days. :D
BBB

by AerisDraco » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:03 am

Casitatus, the Purist, has been added!

I'll probably need to nerf LEV Destroyer.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:16 pm

I too, like BBB, want to review, but have many things on my plate. I might review them tonight. Also, please remind me of what I still need to review in KRA other than retroactively reviewing L.6.
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:30 pm

-Human Level 6
-Whisper, the Ninja
-Human Upgrades
-Human Level 10
-Elf Level 6
-Elf Upgrades
-Dwarf Level 6
-Timintua, the Engineer
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:49 pm

I actually got a lucky break today, so I'll use my free time to review this! :yey:

I have no familiarity with the Civ games, so things like Affinity won't make any sense to me. I would assume that they are pretty good matches and adaptations from the game, since that's one of your areas of expertise, Aeris. ;)

His stats are pretty good,mbut they have 1 thing that I strongly like and strongly dislike:

His tanky HP and armour levels blend interestingly with his other stats. I don't think we've had a hero who sacrificed damage stats for durability and speed (except maybe Karkinos, but he loses a skill slot for his movement speed), since this is a fast hero with high health and resistance. That already creates an original playstyle for him. :)

My issue is that he arbitrarily has magic resistance. I've always had the ideology that since NO hero in ANY game of the KR series has had magic resistance, it would take a very special hero to finally be the exception. Now, your hero isn't bad or anything that would make it not worthy of special traits, but I think that a hero whose playstyle was focused on having versatility with his/her/its tankiness would be more befitting of magic resistance. It seems like wasted opportunity to just give magic defences to this hero.

Miasma is cool and not overly complicated. :) How long does a Miasmic cloud last, since I know that it must last for some time because it gives the chance for soldiers to be healed by it?

Does Xeno Siren summon all 3 aliens at maximum level? If so, do they each individually have a 25s respawn, or do they synch? Add. means additional, right? I've never seem that word abbreviated before. :P Also, the Manticore seems less useful than the Raptor Bug since the hero has better ranged stats than melee, thus needing a blocker more than another ranged unit. If all 3 are summoned, this wouldn't be a problem.

Mind Stem is really cool! It reminds me of the tower I made, The Watcher, who shares the ranges of other towers as well. ;)

Scatter is a nice passive. Luck-based passives are always the easiest ways to not make them boring, but it's an upgrade to his base attack, which is needed since he has moderate skill cooldowns, so it's fine.

Worm Caller is confusing. When would they engage in melee for 100-120 rather than deal 20-30 AOE damage? The trigger should be mentioned in the description since it's a bit short.

The Xeno Titan is pretty cool, but also OP compared to the very similar Dark Pact skill, which can't be buffed with an innate, doesn't have AOE for its melee attacks, receives no specials as it gets upgrades, and can't heal.

When I read Casitatus, we'll see if LEV Destroyer needs to be nerfed or not. Mentioning that skill with your update is a sly little hook. Clever. ;)
BBB

by AerisDraco » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:29 am

-Added the wiki blurb on affinities in the relevant sections.
-Magic Resist removed. But, you're not quite right, as Thor has magic resist. At least that's what the wiki says.
-Miasmic Clouds are infinite. :lol:
-The Siren summons one of each alien at max. The countdown begins once every alien dies. The Manticore would spawn behind the Raptor and Beetle.
-The Worm is kind of based on the in-game Worm's idle and attack animations. It will normally burrow beneath the ground, and later, it will rise up out of the ground and strike, like this.
-Nerfed the Titan.

As for additions, added a Notes section, as well as Imperius, the Cyborg.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:22 am

AerisDraco wrote:-Added the wiki blurb on affinities in the relevant sections.
-Magic Resist removed. But, you're not quite right, as Thor has magic resist. At least that's what the wiki says.
-Miasmic Clouds are infinite. :lol:
-The Siren summons one of each alien at max. The countdown begins once every alien dies. The Manticore would spawn behind the Raptor and Beetle.
-The Worm is kind of based on the in-game Worm's idle and attack animations. It will normally burrow beneath the ground, and later, it will rise up out of the ground and strike, like this.
-Nerfed the Titan.

As for additions, added a Notes section, as well as Imperius, the Cyborg.

I'll check out those links when I charge my IPad. I don't like to let it drop below 50% and now it's at 39%. :shock:

We've had this discussion before. I mistakenly added that information to the wiki myself because I saw him take reduced damage from a Pillager. It turns out that Pillagers are bugged because they deal physical damage instead of magic like their description in-game claims. Despite mentioning this 3 or 4 times, it has yet to be edited from the wiki. I guess that's something else for me to do eventually. :roll:

I think Miasmic Clouds might be OP then. :lol:

A new hero? Once I review one, another takes it's place! This thread is a Hydra! :o
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:43 am

Concordius review:

The stats are good, though his ranged attack doesn't seem very good at all until you purchase Scatter. Like BBB, I am also fond of the hero's uniqueness stats-wise.

You told BBB that Miasma Clouds are infinite, but in the description it says that they last 5 seconds. Which is it? If it's the latter, then it's OP. Also, I tend to dislike the idea of infinitely lasting effects that you can see clearly on screen, because that would A) take up a lot of space (eventually), and ultimately become a nuisance; and B) make the game lag (eventually). Those 2 problems would be especially apparent in Endless Modes. ;)

Before I get to the skills, I want to complement you on the weird, quirky names with equally strange effects that you've created (I mean that in a good way). They all give off a definite feeling, and overall contribute very much to the personality of the hero. Bravo!

I like the Siren because of the unique creatures it summons. It would be really cool to see all those things fighting for you. :D Though, it does seem a little contradictory to spawn the Manticore in with the other two aliens right in the middle of all the enemies, since it has rather unimpressive melee stats, and you'll want to make use of that splash as much as possible, which could become rather difficult in the ability's current form; and ultimately, it will become rather frustrating to achieve the desired effect. Also, why does the description say that the ability summons additional Raptor Bugs and such when you upgrade it? There weren't those things already, were there?

Mind Stem looks promising, but that range really is too short to envelope more than ~2 towers at a time. I would suggest a range change to long/great/extreme, and resultantly, a CD increase of 3 seconds to account for the increase in power.

I can't very well review Scatter until I know what the chances for its occurrences are. :lol:

Wait, do the Worms stay infinitely if they are constantly engaged? That's ridiculously OP. Also, like BBB said, the description should be more, well, descriptive. ;)

Xeno Titan sounds like a fun ability to wreak havoc on enemies. :twisted: Also, I'm assuming that its claws deal double the damage displayed here, like Oni's swords, since they do attack twice in one attack sequence.
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:54 am

Miasma clouds last 5 seconds.
All of the skills take their names from things in-game.
[+] SPOILER
Xeno Siren, Holomatrix, and the Fabricator are all satellites.
Mind Stem, Exodus, and Emancipation are all related to the Affinity Victories.
Scatter, Fortify, and Adjacency are all common perks for the units of each Affinity.
Worm Caller, Irradiate, and Sabotage are based of Covert Ops.
And the Titan, Destroyer, and ANGEL are all ultimate units for each affinity.

The description of the siren is meant to imply it summons 1 of each alien at each level. Perhaps I'll reword it.
I'll improve the range slightly.
The worms will burrow above ground, strike once, and then disappear.
Yes, they do deal double damage.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:22 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Miasma clouds last 5 seconds.
All of the skills take their names from things in-game.
[+] SPOILER
Xeno Siren, Holomatrix, and the Fabricator are all satellites.
Mind Stem, Exodus, and Emancipation are all related to the Affinity Victories.
Scatter, Fortify, and Adjacency are all common perks for the units of each Affinity.
Worm Caller, Irradiate, and Sabotage are based of Covert Ops.
And the Titan, Destroyer, and ANGEL are all ultimate units for each affinity.

The description of the siren is meant to imply it summons 1 of each alien at each level. Perhaps I'll reword it.
I'll improve the range slightly.
The worms will burrow above ground, strike once, and then disappear.
Yes, they do deal double damage.

Oh, well the names still look great when put together in this combination at least. :lol:

Also, I still need the chances on Scatter. ;)
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:26 pm

-Mind Stem improved slightly.
-Scatter chance added.
-LEV Suit innate added to Casitatus
-Doubled Imperius' Adjacency innate
-Added a clause to the ANGEL
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Mind Stem: Good.
Scatter: The chance a teensy bit low; maybe 33%, or 35% would be better.
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Better?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:48 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Better?

Yes, though that could be difficult to program. :lol: