KRO Campaign idea: Hidden Empire

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

KRO Campaign idea: Hidden Empire

by Ruby_Hex » Thu May 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Okay, so I decided to split up some of the topics from my original "Idea Room." (Which will now be exclusively dedicated to my heroes.) Here, we have my second campaign idea: Hidden Empire!

:hero: Kingdom Rush Origins Campaign Idea: Hidden Empire :hero:

Plot: “General, the Twilight Elf force has been grounded to a halt and gone into hiding under the command of Anyl, the younger sister of Malicia and the duchess of the Twilight Elves. The rule would have gone to Relyt, the duke of the Twilight Elves but he had since disappeared into a far away land...or so we thought. Our scouts have reported seeing new breeds of Twilight Elves stampeding across the Evermeet mountains and they carry a banner that we have long forgotten... the banner of the Godslayer Elves! If Relyt has in fact returned with his own army of Elven warriors and war machines from a far away land then we are in for a battle of the ages! We must gather more information and prevent Relyt's forces from growing as our scouts report that he is attempting to harness the power of the great Sword of Purity! To battle!

The levels take place along the Evermeet mountains if you were wondering were the levels were located.

Returning enemies.

Twilight Harasser, Twilight Scourger, Twilight Avenger, Twilight Evoker, Twilight Golem, Twilight Heretic, Arachnomancer, Drider, Blood Servant, Screecher Bat, Mounted Avenger.

:veznan:New Enemies

Name: Twilight Godslayer
HP: 350
Armor: High
Magic Resistance: Low
Speed: Medium
Lives Taken: Two
Damage: 20-30 (Ranged, Poisonous)
Special Abilities: Has ranged attack much like a Shadow Archer, Ranged attack is poisonous, Shadow jump.
Appearance: Much like a Twilight Elf but slightly taller with a black “crown” and all black plate mail armor with spike decorations on the knees and shoulders, when in melee they use a sword that looks like Lynn's but much smaller, instead of their bow.
Description: These elves bathe in “Ichor” a liquid they consider the blood of the gods, giving them a thirst for more and more of it until it consumes them.

Name: Twilight Flag Carrier
HP: 350
Armor: None
Magic Resistance: Low
Speed: Slow
Lives Taken: One
Damage: 10-15 (Ranged, magic)
Special Abilities: The Flag Carrier gives a boost in speed and extra 10 damage to all nearby units with “Twilight” in their name, except for Twilight Golem's.
Appearance: Much like a Twilight Zealot but without the purple glow and carrying a large purple banner. When it attacks it shoots a purple bolt of energy out from it's banner.
Description: Heralding the immanent coming of Relyts forces, their magic flags inspire their fellow troops, giving them formidable power.

Name: Twilight Lich
HP:1250
Magic Resistance: Medium
Lives Taken: Four
Damage: 40-50 (ranged, magic)
Special Abilities: Ranged magic attack, if a humanoid (Twilight Godslayer, Twilight avenger, Twilight Harasser, etc.) dies within the Lich's vicinity, the Lich will resurrect them as a Skull Watcher or, if multiple enemies have been killed at once nearby, a skull totem. (See below.)
Appearance: Lich's have no legs but instead float slightly above the ground. They have a long, dark cloak with gold trimming and long, straight white hair. In their hand they have a staff that ends in a skull and their face's have deeply socketed eyes and skull-like features.
Description: Somewhere in between life and death, these twisted creatures deal with death and decaying, using it to it's darkest, most powerful potential.

Name: Skull watcher
HP: 120
Magic resistance: Low
Lives taken: One
Damage: 10-20
Special Abilities: Explodes on death, dealing 80-100 damage in an AoE
Appearance: A floating skull with a purple aura and glowing purple eyes.
Description: Created using the skulls of fallen elves, they are legendary for being the so-called “pets” of Lich's throughout the land.

Name: Skull Totem
HP: 240
Magic Resistance: Medium
Lives taken: Two
Damage: 20-30
Special abilities: Explodes on death, dealing 90-110 damage in an AoE while also releasing one Skull Watcher.
Appearance: Two floating skulls on top of each other in a cylindrical shape, with a purple aura and glowing purple eyes. They are surrounded by several floating bone fragments that are also covered in a purple glowing aura.
Description: Made by Lich's as guards and weapons of war, they are far more powerful than their single-headed brethren.

Name: Twilight Behemoth
HP: 2000
Magic Resistance: None
Speed: Medium
Lives Taken: Five
Damage: 75- 90
Special Abilities: None
Appearance: Much like a large black wolf-like creature with small "thorns" on it's back, a pair of bull-esque horns, a dark gray mane and a long tail. The Behemoth also has purple cracks in it's skin and a Twilight Godslayer riding on it's back.
Description: Magically bred by Twilight elves as incredibly powerful war-beasts, they are surprisingly intelligent despite their brutish appearance.

Boss Fight Time!

Name: Lord Relyt
HP: 9000
Armor: Low
Magic Resistance: High
Lives taken: Twenty
Damage: 200-300 (Magic, ranged)
Special Abilities: Summons Skull totems. When Relyt is further away from an opponent he will insta-kill them by eating their soul, when he does this his mouth opens and the victims soul is pulled out of it's body, however, this ability only works so long as Relyts opponent has 550 health or less, once they are killed then he will heal himself for the victims total health. As he walks across the path he will jump from side to side, when ever he does this he will land on a tower and crush it just before he continues walking towards the exit.
Appearance: Relyt starts off looking much like a Twilight Heretic, with a pony-tail, pail blue glowing eyes, a black crown and a long white staff that ends in a glowing pale blue orb, however as he stands, overseeing the battle he will constantly attempt to remove the sword of purity out of it's stone, just before the boss battle a cut-scene will play and he will remove the sword from it's stone, when he does he mutates into a creature that looks much like a Heretic but larger, with a pony tale, black horns, a small amount of black armor and the sword of purity in his hand.
Description: The younger brother of Malicia and twin to Anyl, Relyt was widely believed to have been lost in a far-away land but he has since returned.
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Sat May 14, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

Re: KRO Campaign idea: Hidden Empire

by Big Bad Bug » Fri May 13, 2016 1:03 pm

The title claims that this is a campaign, but there are enough enemies here for one level. ;)

I think that ideas like the Flag Carrier and Lich would be really cool because they add on to the unity of the Twilight Elves, who all have skills to create one big, diverse, army, instead of just a bunch of different enemies. The Flag Carrier, though, should have a passive aura that gives units more damage and armour, instead of him healing units just like the Evoker. We already have the Evoker to do that. :)

Most of the armies are heavily anti-barracks. This is a common complaint in most fanfictions because of the actual game's faults in this, and I feel like the phrase is old as I use it now. So, what strategy are you aiming for the player to utilise against all of these deadly enemies?
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 pm

The flag carrier never healed allies, it boosts speed and damage. What do you mean?
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Sat May 14, 2016 1:55 am

I think he meant the Lich's healing power.
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat May 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Oops, I got them mixed up. Still, the Lich should be a creature that steals health from enemies, not heal and revive its allies. Though, a mix between a healer and an enemy generator would be cool, but especially OP with Twilight Elves, who are all individually very powerful anyways.
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Sat May 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Ah, okay. cool.
And thanks ninja!
Anyway, my thought-process on giving the Lich healing abilities was to go along with his death-magic abilities, keeping enemies alive in the heat of battle when they really should be dead. I thought that was a cool idea, but it may be a bit pointless. I'm gonna remove the healing but keep his skull-summoning abilities...
Also, I'm probably just slow to catch on but I'm not sure what you meant when you said:
"The title claims that this is a campaign, but there are enough enemies here for one level." What were you implying?
User

by Ninja » Sat May 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:Also, I'm probably just slow to catch on but I'm not sure what you meant when you said:
"The title claims that this is a campaign, but there are enough enemies here for one level." What were you implying?

He meant that there are only enough enemies for a standalone stage, not a full MC. ;)
:hero:
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat May 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Yea, that's what I thought, I just wasn't sure. Thanks!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat May 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:Ah, okay. cool.
And thanks ninja!
Anyway, my thought-process on giving the Lich healing abilities was to go along with his death-magic abilities, keeping enemies alive in the heat of battle when they really should be dead. I thought that was a cool idea, but it may be a bit pointless. I'm gonna remove the healing but keep his skull-summoning abilities...
Also, I'm probably just slow to catch on but I'm not sure what you meant when you said:

It is cool, but it's so OP that it would be frustrating in-game.
BBB