"Voulberk Mists" mini-campaign for KR.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

"Voulberk Mists" mini-campaign for KR.

by Ruby_Hex » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:03 am

Okey dokey, (Yes, I just said that. :o ) for those who don't know, a "Draugr" or "Draug" is, to sum it up, a very dangerous zombie-viking from Norse mythology. I had this creature on my mind a while back when I was also brainstorming ideas for KR, and I thought it would be cool to create a mini-campaign based upon these awesome, if, a little terrifying creatures!
So...Welcome to:
VOULBERK MISTS

"General, yet again our land is threatened. The power of tainted chief Voulberk is rearing it's ugly head again, drawing dark power from the lost souls and ancient soil of a once mighty tribe. We first thought of his lands simply as a a bleak landscape filled with timid spirits and a lingering feeling of pestilence, but it appears to be becoming something far more...sinister. We must push back the undead forces of Voulberks spirit and make sure that this tyrant and his twisted city stay dead!"

Note: I'm not sure that this campaign can fit into an already existing KR game. Think of it as being part of a hypothetical KR4 game. :mrgreen:

STAGE ONE: THE DIM'MIST SWAMP

The Dim'mist swamp has two paths coming from the top right and bottom right corners of the screen which eventually meet half-way through the length of the stage and become one large pathway that aims downwards into the bottom left corner. One more smaller path comes from off screen and joins into the middle of the large path. (This is getting hard to describe...) The paths are grayish like in the Unseelie Court slightly but darker and with a cobblestone texture. Everywhere else is covered in pale green grass with bones, animal carcasses and pools of water scattered out seemingly in a random fashion. However, you can see a bit of a murky lake in the top right corner next to the path that is in that corner. This lake is where all of the Draugens that appear in the level come from. (More about them later.) In some of the grassy areas are large stone formations and monoliths. (About three large ones and five small ones in total.)

Okay, now that I'm finally done that here are the ENEMIES that appear in this level! :yey:

Name: Draugr
HP: 270
Damage: 20-35
Armor: low
Magic resistance: None
Speed: Slow
Lives taken: One
Appearance: About the size of a twilight avenger. They have a skeletal body with a jagged mouth-line, several plates of brass-coloured armor, a long and wispy-white beard, pale skin, glowing yellow eyes, a viking helmet with small horns, a pale green aura and a hatchet in each hand.
Special abilities: When Draugr's reach 50% health or less, they get a boost in speed, when at 20% health or less, they deal 30-45 damage as well. Upon death, they have a 30% chance to release a wraith. (Below)
Description: The undead and magically enhanced bodies of warriors who served under chief Voulberk. In life, they where blissfully unaware of the curse bestowed upon them.

Name: Wraith
HP: 100
Damage: 10-15
Armor: None
Magic resistance: Low
Speed: Slow
Appearance: Wraiths have bodies similar to Ghosts from KRF but white, with skull-like heads and a cluster of horns that look like a crown at first glance.
Special abilities: Deal magic damage.
Description: The barely living souls released by fallen Draugr's, they find little sanctuary despite being released from their curse.

Name: Draugen
HP: 1000
Damage: 30-40 (Slow attack rate)
Armor: Low
Speed: Slow. Like, really frickin' slow.
Lives taken: Five
Appearance: Draugens are almost the size of forest trolls and are covered in seaweed that makes it look as if they are wearing a cloak and/or cape. Poking through this outer layer are several pieces of rusted armor. A draugens head is quite large, even compared to it's own body. They have a face similar to that of a dwarf with gray skin, glowing yellow eyes, a grayish-white beard, thick brow and stoic expression.
Special abilities: Draugens can heal 24 HP per second and have a 30% chance to release a wraith upon death. They can also stun enemies with a blaring screech, though they only have a 10% chance to do this on each attack.
Description: Once cursed servants of Voulberk who died at sea, their minds and souls clung to the ocean life around them, fashioning a hulking body out of it.

Name: Haunted Spider
HP: 85
Damage: 10-20 (Fast attack rate)
Armor: None
Speed: Medium
Appearance: A tarantula covered in black fur about the size of a spider matriarch, they have large white mandibles and bulging white eyes. On their abdomen they have white fur that makes a skull design. When the Haunted Spider becomes blood-fueled (More about that below) the skull becomes red.
Special abilities: If an enemy dies near a Haunted Spider or the Haunted Spider kills an enemy, it becomes blood-fueled. When in this mode they move faster and do double damage. When another enemy dies nearby the Spider or the Spider kills an enemy, the five-second timer resets.
Description: Viscous spiders that are haunted by the restless souls of Voulberks minions, they are the scourge of trespassers and adventurers alike.

STAGE TWO: THE VOULBERK RUINS

The Voulberk Ruins is where the Voulberk tribe lived and is dotted in ruined viking huts and mysterious gravestones. It's pathways and grass look the same as the earlier level, and to the far left of the screen there is a large stone tomb. Coming from off-screen to each side of this tomb is a pathway. Each of these pathways merge together in the middle of the stage, forming a larger path, and then aim to the top right corner. Located near the bottom right corner is a cluster of gravestones with a windy dirt pathway leading out of it. This pathway then connects with the larger main path. In the top middle of the screen you can see a murky lake with another dirt path leading out of it that connects to the main path in a similar spot to the other dirt path.

Expect more content soon! :) After all, you can't rush art! Or am I just being lazy? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW. :twisted:
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

Re: "Voulberk Mists" mini-campaign for KR.

by benni369 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:29 am

Hmm, the levels so far are good, but the heroes could use more work. I'm loving the level-specific tower though!
Juice Box wrote:I HAVE NO FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

Image Awesome stone golem made by FastAndBlast. (Thank you! :D )
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:33 am

Ha, obvious sarcasm is obvious.
I will certainly add more content, just need to get into the right head space.
Or maybe it's cause I accidentally clicked "Post" instead of "Preview." I was intending to release it when it was finished. Oh well. :|
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by benni369 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:09 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:Ha, obvious sarcasm is obvious.
I will certainly add more content, just need to get into the right head space.
Or maybe it's cause I accidentally clicked "Post" instead of "Preview." I was intending to release it when it was finished. Oh well. :|

It's okay, we all make that mistake at least once! :)
Juice Box wrote:I HAVE NO FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

Image Awesome stone golem made by FastAndBlast. (Thank you! :D )
User