Poll ended at Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Tykers (FDK)
60%
Flippz (Filipuntik)
40%

Total votes : 5

Fanfic Hero vs Fanfic Hero

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, and witness the battles of the decade! The very heroes that YOU, yes YOU, have created are all candidates for a 1 vs 1 deathmatch between each other!

The rules are simple (unless you have mental issues, in which case, I'm sorry to hear that):

• Comment here the link to whichever hero you've created in the past or the link to a new hero that you'ce just created in another thread, and I will copy-paste the hero's details here during the next battle for everyone to see. If the linked thread has more than 1 hero, let me know which one or else I won't use it or just use the first hero I see.
  • Both heroes currently in battle will be posted here in the OP, below the rules, inside spoilers. Credit to the creator and the hero's name will be shown above the spoiler.
  • Each Deathmatch lasts for 2 days, and you can change your vote at anytime. Giving reasons for your vote will only help persuade people to also vote for it and make the hero win!
  • "Deathmatch" is used loosely; if you think that the ability design of a hero is more important than how likely the hero is to win against the opponent, then vote based on your own opinion, and give reasons based on those principles as well.
  • Arguing about heroes is OK as long as nobody insults another person or uses personal bias for a creator as a reason.

With all of that established, let the battles... BEGIN!!!! :hero:

ROUND 17

Tykers the Musketeer (FDK)

[+] SPOILER
Tykers the Musketeer

Straight outta the slaughter thread
Tykers is a musketeer, plain and simple, similar to Eridan, thematically, as he is just a much better Musketeer
He wears the standard blue uniform, hat, and pants as regular musketeers, but he also wears an olive green scarf that covers his face and waves in the wind (like Alric)
He can be seen carrying some ammo pouches around his body, so that the blue uniform on is partially covered, he also carries a set of binoculars which hangs around his neck
For close encounters he'll whip out his personal collapsible folding sword that he stows on his belt
His rifle is different from the other musketeers, he uses a bolt action rifle that can be fired more rapidly than a single shot musket.

HP : 425 (250)
Regen : 30/s
Ranged Damage : 64-101 (46-74) (Physical)
Melee Damage : 15-20 (6-11) (Physical)
Armor : Light (30%), no armor below level 5
Speed : Medium (same as Eridan)
Range : Long (as in any tower with the range of long)
Attack speed : 1s (ranged), 1s (melee)

Respawn : 20s
Innate : After every 4 shots, Tykers must pause for 3s to reload, if he enters melee combat or move during this time, the timer is reset and he must move back to a safe distance to reload, if he doesn't use a ranged attack after 5s, he will reload automatically

Mark for Death (15s)
Marks a target for 5/7/9 seconds, which will become prioritized by towers and take 50%/75%/100% extra damage, Tykers will always target the highest health enemy inside his attack range with this ability.

Buckshot (6/5/4s)
Fires a shot that will do max true damage, stuns the primary target for 1s, and has a small AoE, stun becomes a 50% slow for bosses or minibosses
this ability will use an ammo out of Tykers' 4 round magazine, and takes priority over standard ranged attacks

Lay Waste (28s)
Towers and Soldiers in a radius (of average) around Tykers gain AoE (with the radius of standard druid hits) with their ranged attacks and a 10%/20%/30% attack speed bonus for 5/6/7s
Tykers himself is not affected. Druids don't have their splash reduction to boost their AoE. Cooldown starts after the duration ends.

Watch Tower (passive)
Every 15 idle seconds, Tykers summons a watchtower for 15/30/45 seconds. Troops moved to it and reinforcements spawned on it gain 50/75/100% more range and deal double damage.
Troops inside the watchtower will jump down to block on melee.

Hero Spell : Fortify (30s)
Fortify a part of the path (which will have some banners, palisades, sandbags, spikes, etc. on it), any soldier inside the fortified section gains a 30%/50%/70% bonus damage for their attacks. Enemies inside the fortified section are slowed down by 15%/25%/35%
Soldiers inside the fortified section gains a 20%/35%/50% resistance to ranged attacks coming from outside the fortified section.
Tykers is affected by this.
fortification lasts for 30/30/45/60s

Flippz the Courier (Filipuntik)

[+] SPOILER
FLIPPZ the Courier

(if "the Courier" sounds too bland, check out actual ingame titles)

DESCRIPTION:

This 'ere Flipperine goes to the battlefield not to fight, but to make deliveries (even though sometimes it's her mace that needs to be expressly delivered into the visage of an unsuspecting enemy). She's rather short, standing at 2' 10" (~85cm), and has wide, pointy, perky ears. If you wonder why, Google "yordle" join Discord GO ON SLAUGHTER THREAD!

She's got medium black hair she combs behind her ears into a mullet of sorts, and doesn't differ from humans complexion-wise (unlike others of her kin). She isn't dressed in anything fancy, just a shirt and baggy pants, but she's wearing a harness on her back that is usually empty, although should she pick up a parcel, she carries it there. She has two weapons swinging at her belt, a mace for short-range encounters and a pistol for taking out entities approaching her in an aggressive manner.

Her main quirk as a Hero is that while she's present, packages (and occasionally a treasure chest) pop up on the map, and her picking them up grants bonuses that outbenefit having a glass cannon like her in direct combat.

STATS:

Respawn: 30s

Health: 100 -> 280 (+20)
Regeneration: 40/s
Armor: None

Ranged Damage: 6-10 -> 24-37 (+2-3)
Melee Damage: 12-15 -> 30-42 (+2-3)
Attack Speed: Medium (0.8s)
Range: Short (think Arivan)

Speed: Fast

ABILITIES:

Attacking: Flippz utilises her pistol to shoot enemies from afar, but will take out her mace for close quarters combat. Both weapons share the same attack speed. The mace deals above average melee damage for a ranged Hero, but Flippz will die quickly if she remains dependant on the mace.

Innate: Packages will appear on accessible areas of the map. Only one package shows up at a time. Should Flippz ever touch the package, she immediately picks it up and carries it on her back while also regenerating all of her Health. If she is commanded to stop near a tower with the package, she will throw it at the tower, buffing it temporarily. Flippz can be attacked while buffing a tower (which takes one second).
The effects last 8 seconds and are the following:
Archers: Attacks ignore Armor.
Barracks: Soldiers' health won't drop below 1.
Mages: Bolts deal 60% increased damage.
Druids: Druids attack 50% faster.
Flippz can buff uncommon towers as well. Both Awoks and Renegades receive the same bonus as Barracks. Flippz doesn't, however, deal with huge dragons.
Faery Dragon Aerie: Summons two extra faery dragons for the duration of the buff.
Gnome Garden: Instantly grants 150 gold instead.
Bastion: Enemies taking damage are also slowed down by 80%.

Packages appear 15 seconds after a package is used to buff a tower. Flippz gains experience from buffing towers. Packages don't respawn with Flippz if she dies with them.

Express Delivery (1/2/2): Throws a package containing a bomb, which explodes for 100/175/250 physical damage in an area. For each enemy killed, Flippz gains 20/30/40% speed in an adrenaline rush that lasts 6 seconds. Cooldown: 20s

Rolling Stones (2/3/4): Buffing a Druid tower permanently increases all of its damage outputs by 4%/6%/8%.

Gold Rush (2/1/1): A treasure chest spawns every 30/25/20 seconds, granting 100 gold if picked up.

Evasive Action (1/2/3): After interacting with a package or exploding an enemy, Flippz gains a shield that reduces incoming ranged damage by 30%/60%/90% over the next 5 seconds. Cooldown: 6s

Special Delivery (3/4/5): Summons a special chest that applies the package buff to up to 2/2/3/4 nearest towers. Cooldown: 40s/30s/30s/30s

GAMEPLAY:

Flippz's gameplay naturally revolves around her main mechanic that is the package delivery. Eventually, her gameplay boils down to picking up packages and chests when they appear and managing her positioning in the meantime. She should be kept out of ranged enemies' reach unless she's making a delivery (but then she can make use of the shield) and having her fight frontline should only be a last resort since she'd die quickly, her stun and shield not providing enough protection from enemy attacks, and once she would bite it, the player would have to wait through the excruciating 30 seconds of not being able to pick up packages.

The 'Rolling Stones' ability is there to incentivize building Druids :lol:

Hall of Fame

1. Godan
    Godan (BBB) vs Thalia (BBB)
  2. Concordius
    Concordius (Aeris) vs Dragor (RZ)
  3. Kazak
    Kazak (Ninja) vs Erôth (Aeris)
  4. Fulger
    Fulger (Aeris) vs Jaelyn (Magicmetal)
  5. Rhith
    Rhith (Sairi) vs Liv (Magnus)
  6. The Abbot
    Abbot (Kingmaker) vs Luna (Lord of All Evil)
  7. Uranus
    Uranus (Tmn loveblue) vs Sungam (BBB)
  8. Moralux
    Moralux (Zonoro) vs Tristana (Manijure)
  9. Hem'qras
    Hem'qras (BBB) vs Kai (FastAndBlast)
  10. Lazarus
    Lazarus (Ninja) vs Derwydd (SairiRM)
  11. Burden
    Burden (Kingmaker) vs Sir Blackburn (Manijure)[
  12. Vairn
    Vairn (BBB) vs Razor Leafthorn (RaZoR leAf)
  13. Winnfield
    Winnfield (RaZoR leAf) vs Gwead (SairiRM)
  14. Mechanical Karkinos
    Mechanical Karkinos (Tmn) vs Ashbite 2.0 (Ninja)
  15. Mornost
    Mornost (BBB) vs Kochoz (Magnus)
  16. Melinoe la'Mort
    Melinoe (Razorleaf) vs Bombrista (Aeris)

Leaderboards

1st Place: BBB
3 victories

2nd Place: Aeris, Ninja, Kingmaker, TMN, Razorleaf
2 victories

3rd Place:Sairi, Zonoro
1 victory
BBB

Re: Fanfic Hero vs Fanfic Hero

by magicmetal03 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Can we make a hero and PM it to you instead of posting a link to a past hero? I have only made jokes heroes and the only good and effective hero I made is my entry for the hero contest.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by RZRider » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:56 pm

Will you make a mini story of the battle?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:53 pm

You can PM me original heroes, but why wouldn't you want to make a whole thread for it the hero so that you can get feedback?

Also, I won't write a story of the battle because that would take too long. If I tried to make it a shorter story, then it wouldn't be as interesting. :P Feel free to write one of your own, if you wish. I can add it to the Hall of Fame after each round ends. :D
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:34 am

Godan is so singlehandedly powerful that I imagine Thalia would have a hard time battling him, especially since she benefits most from the death of multitudinous enemies. Thus, I vote for Godan. ;)
Last edited by Ninja on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:10 am

Uh oh, JB's User Hero is losing to Maninure's. ;)
BBB

by AerisDraco » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:11 am

Heroes I want included (from myself):
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25837
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7996 (The MC's hero)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8053 (I guess this one's okay)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:12 am

Alright, now technically, the hero that I'm about to bring up has never actually been posted here by me, but I did make it up actually quite a while ago. (It's still Fanfic, nitpickers [other than me]. Shush yourselves. ;) )

So here is Kazak the Shredder, presented for a place in the next Deathmatch. Feel free to critique the hero, but also, feel free to pitch your own heroes against him. He's from KR1, mind you, so it would be more fair for him to fight another KR1 hero. Of course, I can't object to you doing what you want and bringing up a KRF or KRO hero. That's not in my power. Not at all. (Just remember, kids, I'm always watching you. :twisted: )

Spoiler for the hero:

[+] SPOILER
Kazak the Shredder(1.99$ hero)

He cares not for his own safety, wounds he barely feels; until after the battle, when the suffering of war takes its full toll. His lifeblood, war; his religion, blood; his work, evisceration. He lives to shred, and he serves his purpose well. Beware his rending blade, for many it has torn asunder. Kazak is ready to take on the world, and you're either on his side, or you aren't. Woe betide any of the latter category.

Stats:

HP: 360
Magic Resistance: None
Damage: 75-119 (Hacks violently with a blade [he alternates between them], no touch of finesse being found in the stroke. Blood splashes and splatters messily about.)
Attack Speed: Average (1s)
Movement Speed: Fast (Rushes across the battlefield hurriedly, thirsty for more blood.)
Regeneration: 60/s
Respawn: 18s

Appearance:

A shirtless, muscle-bound man with a blood red glow in his eyes and scars littered about his torso and visage. Evidence of broken nose can be seen from its slightly crooked positioning. He wields two large knives, not unlike those used for butchering, both dripping with blood from a fresh kill. His face has a chaos-loving grin spread across it and is further adorned with a messy black beard containing some clearly visible blood in it. In fact, he's dripping with blood himself; not sure whether it's his own or a foe's, though.

Secondaries:

• Takes 75% less damage from ranged enemies and the enemies that he is engaged with when fighting. However, after 7 seconds of inactivity, the wounds that he should have sustained become all too apparent as he takes all of the damage resisted during battle take its true toll.
  • Can fight up to 3 enemies at once, but can only deal damage to one at a time.

Abilities:

Gory Glory (Passive)(Hero Levels 2/5/8): For every 2000 damage he inflicts, Kazak gets a 5/15/25% attack rate boost for 9/12/15 seconds. (If Kazak gets a kill while the boost is active, then the boost's time passage status is reverted to 0 seconds and its boost is multiplied by 2/2.5/3 times.)

Bloodbath (CD: 18s)(Hero Levels 4/7/10): Kazak goes into a blood rage, hacking and chopping at all the enemies around him randomly with a a very fast attacking speed as he charges around in a 12/18/24 meter area. Any enemy that is stricken receives 30/40/50 damage and has a 20/25/30% chance to bleed copiously for 75/100/125 damage over 3 seconds.

Strategy:

A very risky (and chaotic, I might add) playstyle focused around constantly throwing your hero into battle will make cautious players cringe, but greatly benefit the risk-takers. His passives only magnify this emphasis, as do his skills. If you like danger and risk, then Kazak is the man for the job, but if not, then I would suggest that you stay away from using him.

Quotes:

"This ... is ... LINERIA!!!" (Used in battle, primarily after an arbitrary kills.)
"Chaos is my middle name!" (After Bloodbath or when moving.)
Last edited by Ninja on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:27 am

AerisDraco wrote:Heroes I want included (from myself):
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25837
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7996 (The MC's hero)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8053 (I guess this one's okay)

Do you have a particular order in which you'd like the heroes to compete in Deathmatches? Also, if possible, request 1 hero at a time so that they can compete against another person's hero. That would be more fun. :twisted: Whichever hero you pick will go against a PM-submitted hero, then the second one will face Ninja's hero. The third may or may not face one of mine. :veznan:

Ninja wrote:Godan is so singlehandedly powerful that I imagine Thalia would have a hard time battling him, especially since she benefits most from the death of multitudinous enemies. Thus, I vote for Godan. ;)

Godan would immediately wipe out Thalia with Word of Power, but Path of the Archon would also immediately destroy Godan, and much harder than WoP would destroy her, so I voted for Thalia. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:34 am

I think that Godan would trap Thalia with BoW first. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:44 am

Ninja wrote:I think that Godan would trap Thalia with BoW first. ;)

Hero Spells can be used independently of the hero's condition, so trapping wouldn't matter. However, without hero spells being used, Godan would wipe the floor with Thalia. :lol:
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:01 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Hero Spells can be used independently of the hero's condition, so trapping wouldn't matter.

*facepalm*

Big Bad Bug wrote:However, without hero spells being used, Godan would wipe the floor with Thalia. :lol:

Obviously. ;)
User

by SealDarklight » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:32 am

Every hero that I read is complicated. I mean its too much things to say and all of them have like the longest ability text. My main problem with it is there's too many text for abilities and stories. Overall there OP as hell. But I don't know because BBB made an idea from me vs monkey. I have no idea how to me is going.
User

by Juice Box » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

THALIA WHY HELLO THERE.

YESSSSSS CLASSIC JB VS THE LAME STUFF IN BBB'S ARMY FIGHT NIIIICE.

also bbb 4 real halp me with the minicampaign, and btw i was gonna put thalia in it whyd u gotta mention her again .-. i wanted to do that meself
User

by magicmetal03 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:53 pm

Here's my hero for the next round. This is a KRO hero.
[+] SPOILER
Jaelyn, the Red Riding Hood

Lore: After her little incident with her grandma being eaten, she decided to teach herself Kung-fu so that she could protect herself. After 3 months, she mastered it and decided to teach Kung-fu to women so that they can protect themselves from perverts, bad guys, etc. One day, Prince Denas went around town, and saw Jaelyn able to break iron doors. Prince Denas was very impressed, so he asked Jaelyn to be a guard to protect Adrehel. She agreed, but she still teaches Kung-fu to women, but now also to men. If you want to learn Kung-Fu with Jaelyn, please call: 1-800-314-29875, or go to http://www.RRRkillsyou.com.

Appearance: A girl wearing a T-shirt, tight jeans, leather shoes, and a red cape. She has a basket in one of her hand with nothing in her other hand. She has blue eyes and golden hair.

Health:250
Damage:20-75 by chopping her enemies down
Range Attack: 13-15 by throwing Stale muffins
Attack Speed: Average (1.5 sec); Fast (0.5 sec for range attacks)
Speed: Fast (Hops to places)
Respawn Speed: 15 sec.
Regeneration: 10/s

Trait: Has 60% chance to dodge melee attacks by hopping 5 steps backwards.

Abilities:

Super Kick; Recharge Speed: 16/15/14 sec; Cost: 2/2/2;
Jaelyn kicks an enemy 3 times, making the target to be knocked back, doing 20/40/60 damage in total.

Pie Surprise; Recharge Speed: 17/15/13 sec; Cost: 1/1/1;
Jaelyn throws 1/2/3 pies at enemies face, dealing 15/30/45 damage for each pie and also stuns the enemies for 1/2/3 seconds.

Chainsaw Madness; Recharge Speed: 25/23/20 sec; Cost; 1/2/3;
Jaelyn summons a Woodcutter with a chainsaw to help her attack. It lasts for 20/30/40 sec.

WoodCutter
Health: 150/170/190
Damage: 45-50/55-60/65/70; Uses the Chainsaw to kill the enemy
Attack Speed: Fast (0.76 sec.)
Speed: Average
Regeneration Speed: 13/s

Sugar Madness: Recharge Speed: 15/13/11 sec; Cost: 2/2/2
Jaelyn throws sugar on nearby enemies. Enemies who have sugar would be targeted to enemies who don't have sugar. This effect lasts for 10/15/20 seconds.

Hero Skill
Ricochet Knifes; Recharge Speed: 50 sec; Cost: 3/3/3
Jaelyn throws 2/3/4 knifes to an enemy. The knifes bounces from enemy to enemy, and it keeps bouncing until there is no enemy left. Each knife does 30/40/50 damage, and it makes the victim bleeds, dealing 5 damage every second.

Quotes:
"Can I kill wolves now?"
"Do you have muffins I can throw?"
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Manijure » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:41 pm

I like how you made Thalia a percent-damage oriented Hero. Even Twilight Golems would tremble by her damage. The Archwind gimmick is also neat, making her abilities very reliant on her passive to impact enemies more.

However, Godan seems much more fun and engaging (no bias, I swear). Mana Drain is an ability that I've always dreamed about on a Hero: an ability that assists other abilities' cooldown. Ability synergy is always cool. In addition, I like that he's a melee-capable mage (and that he melees faster than he shoots ranged attacks). Many mages have a problem of falling easily to enemies because they are incapable of fighting close-quarters properly, so imagining Godan kick ass with blades while conjuring non-cheap tricks is a blessing. Oh, and his Hero Spell is pretty strong and somewhat spammable depending on how and where he uses Mana Drain.

Mind you, Thalia is great, but Godan is definitely more AOE and CC-oriented, which is what I prefer more from a Hero. That, and the fact that is he a wizard swordsman. You can't say no to that. :)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:17 pm

I have always really liked the idea of melee being clsoe to but slightly better than ranged attacks in terms of DPS because it's easier to take damage in melee (thank you Dante for being to first to demonstrate this) so that's why I made Godan have powerful enough melee to still be competent even though his HP is very low. The abilities were jsut waves of inspiration from awesome mage characters throughout the years, especially "GANDAAAAAAAAAAALF!" ;) I'm glad you like him.

Juice Box wrote:THALIA WHY HELLO THERE.

YESSSSSS CLASSIC JB VS THE LAME STUFF IN BBB'S ARMY FIGHT NIIIICE.

also bbb 4 real halp me with the minicampaign, and btw i was gonna put thalia in it whyd u gotta mention her again .-. i wanted to do that meself

JB, we're in this together, let's get Thalia to win! :hero:
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 pm

In an actual fight, this is really just a battle of who can use their HS first. And like BBB said before, Godan would slay Thalia easily if they didn't use their HSs. I don't really see how Thalia can compare to Godan in a one-on-one duel. Her usefulness against enemies is obvious, but in a fight to the death versus a very strong damage-based hero, I don't see how she can possibly win. So in summary, can someone please explain why Thalia has almost as many votes as Godan?
User

by tmn loveblue » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am

I love how Thalia has all her skills being %HP based, and yet not being extremely OP since she heals slowly and has low base damage, as well as a long respawn. Her skills are not fast to recharge, but just fast enough, unlike Godan who is very reliant on Mana Drain, which has an average cooldown and can easily be wasted on lone enemies. I would have liked more if Thalia's stun recharges faster, so she can have more in her hand than just Archfire, but I vote her her nonetheless since she is more fun to watch than Godan, who is way too awesome but extremely OP.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Godan the Pale Wizard beats Thalia by 2 points! :hero:

Updated with Concordius and Dragor. :yey:
BBB

Next