CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Image


As discussed, but nobody seems willing to host it. Since I'm out of hospital and able to sit at a computer for longer than an hour without the need to stretch my aching body I can host this contest for you. It's a big one, so I'm giving you literally until the end of the month to complete it. It's going to take all of your creativity, because this contests calls on you to make an Iron Marines themed mini-campaign. Now since there's not much known yet about Iron Marine this gives you the freedom to throw in anything you can think of, so long as it remains somewhat grounded in the Kingdom Rush universe. Let your imagination run riot.

Your basic requirements are:

  • 2-3 levels maximum
  • Include a level intro (General we have encountered...etc.)
  • Description of biome (the environment it takes place in)
  • Recurring enemies if present
  • 2-5 new enemies
  • 1 unique level feature, positive or negative
  • 1 boss
  • 1 secondary Hero

I have helpfully provided forms with all the necessary fields for you to fill out.

Level Form

Level Name:

Intro:

Location:

Biome: A short description of the environment (eg. Field, Ice, Jungle, etc)

Level Description: (include a picture of the layout if you wish)

Recurring Enemies:

New Enemies:



Enemy (x 2-5) and Boss Form

Name:
Appearance:

HP:
Damage:
Armour rating:
Magic resistance:
Speed:
Lives Taken:
Skills:

Description:


Feature Form

Name:

Type: Positive or Negative
Trigger: Passive (works on its own eg. The Moon) or Agressive (must be activated eg. Magic Blossoms)
Effect:




2ndry Hero Form

Name:

Description:

HP:
Melee:
Armor:
Speed:
Respawn:

Skills: Secondary heroes should have no more than two skills.

Quotes:

Lore: Make this short, the entire campaign is the subject of the contest, not how interesting you can make the hero's story.



Final Requirements
  • You have until 1st October to submit your entry (17 days (a little over 2 weeks)).
  • All entries must be submitted to me via a Private Message.
  • I will accept edits and updates on your entries up until the closing date. Please resend the entire entry and I will use your most recent submission.
  • I need your entire entry in one PM. Sections sent separately will not be counted.
  • As has been the case with previous contests, entries that include more than is required (eg. 8 enemies or additional hero skills) will be disqualified. You will be given one warning about this when your entry is first submitted.
  • Hand-drawn or stylised artwork is disqualified, as it makes the entrant too obvious.

Any questions, or if there's anything I have missed out, let me know here.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:27 pm

is it Iron Marines Themed (so, basically KR but with an Iron Marines skin) or are we making a MC for Iron Marines?
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Location: Inside a Main Battle Tank

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:08 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:is it Iron Marines Themed (so, basically KR but with an Iron Marines skin) or are we making a MC for Iron Marines?


Which fanfic forum is it in? Kingdom Rush.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Ninja » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Sorry, I was going to host it, but schoolwork forced my hand in the decision, despite what I said I would do. I'm glad that you're hosting it anyways, as you're the more experienced in the matter. :)

I don't object to the rules and guidelines, but don't you think that we should have to make an actual hero for the contest instead of a secondary one? After all, all MCs thus far in the Kingdom Rush franchise have come with at least one hero upon release.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Ruby_Hex » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:58 am

Shouldn't the enemy description also have a section that allows one to explain what they look like and how many lives they take away?
Like this...
Name:
HP:
Damage:
Armour rating:
Magic resistance:
Speed:
Appearance:
Lives taken:
Skills:
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 am
Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:44 am

Ninja wrote:Sorry, I was going to host it, but schoolwork forced my hand in the decision, despite what I said I would do. I'm glad that you're hosting it anyways, as you're the more experienced in the matter. :)

I don't object to the rules and guidelines, but don't you think that we should have to make an actual hero for the contest instead of a secondary one? After all, all MCs thus far in the Kingdom Rush franchise have come with at least one hero upon release.


To make up for lost time, I've planned contests up until December, and one of them is a hero design. Besides, everyone makes Heroes all the time, and I didn't want to clog this; already complex; contest up with bigger requirements.

Ruby_Hex wrote:Shouldn't the enemy description also have a section that allows one to explain what they look like and how many lives they take away?
Like this...
Name:
HP:
Damage:
Armour rating:
Magic resistance:
Speed:
Appearance:
Lives taken:
Skills:


I intended 'Description' for that purpose, but I can see how it could be misinterpreted as an explanation of the enemy. I'll add them.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Magnus0 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Can the secondary hero be available in multiple levels?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Can the secondary hero be available in multiple levels?


Not really, there's never been a secondary in more than one level before. You could have them as your feature in a following level like Young Alleria in Royal Gardens/Griffin Point if you want them in more than one level.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Ninja » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Should there be a level-specific feature for each level? If so, can the same feature appear multiple times?
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Ninja wrote:Should there be a level-specific feature for each level? If so, can the same feature appear multiple times?


You're required to make ONE feature, so it can be on as many levels as you want. You can't have a different feature for each level, as that would be more than one.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Ninja » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:31 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ninja wrote:Should there be a level-specific feature for each level? If so, can the same feature appear multiple times?


You're required to make ONE feature, so it can be on as many levels as you want. You can't have a different feature for each level, as that would be more than one.


Well, I understood that one feature was required, but I took that to mean that anything else was optional, not disallowed. I understand now, though. Thanks.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Magnus0 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm

How is everybody doing so far?

I have a level specific feature in mind, as well as some basic idea's for some enemies. That's it so far really, this contest is definitely a major one.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Quick reminder that there are five days remaining to enter this contest, and so far I have received no entries.

I realise that this may have been a difficult contest to enter, so if you so desire, it can be postponed until Iron Marines is on general realise, and it'll be easier to come up with ideas. In the meantime, I had a Hallowe'en /horror contest planned for October that is a little simpler.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Magnus0 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:21 pm

I think I'm roughly half done. I mostly need to write down my thoughts and idea's, but the basic concept of my enemies, hero and level feature are done.

Maybe it's smart to set the deadline at 7 days from now instead of five, so that it'll include the upcoming weekend.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:17 pm

Magnus0 wrote:I think I'm roughly half done. I mostly need to write down my thoughts and idea's, but the basic concept of my enemies, hero and level feature are done.

Maybe it's smart to set the deadline at 7 days from now instead of five, so that it'll include the upcoming weekend.


I don't see how two extra days will make a difference when you've had over two weeks.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Magnus0 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:59 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:I think I'm roughly half done. I mostly need to write down my thoughts and idea's, but the basic concept of my enemies, hero and level feature are done.

Maybe it's smart to set the deadline at 7 days from now instead of five, so that it'll include the upcoming weekend.


I don't see how two extra days will make a difference when you've had over two weeks.

Well, those two days are in the weekend. Most people have more free time in the weekends so some of us might be able to do more with those two days than the regular school/work week before.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am

Ok, you can have Saturday and most of Sunday, I'll end entry time Sunday evening (GMT)
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:44 am

I won't be entering since I'm not 100% sure what to make of Iron Marines at the moment. Plus, I admittedly haven't really been keeping up on all of the news and info concerning Iron Marines. In fact, the only time that I'll really know much about what its like is probably gonna' be when I'm actually holding the darned thing and playing it. Anyhoo, chances are that I WILL be participating in the Hallowe'en contest, whatever it may be. Also, does RaZoR lEaF accept suggestions for contests? I was thinking one where you have to create a tower, enemy and bonus hero based off of a certain game series. The only rule would be that the tower, enemy and bonus hero would all have to be based on the same video game franchise. (the only video game franchise that wouldn't be allowed is KR, obviously.)
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 am
Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:18 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:I won't be entering since I'm not 100% sure what to make of Iron Marines at the moment. Plus, I admittedly haven't really been keeping up on all of the news and info concerning Iron Marines. In fact, the only time that I'll really know much about what its like is probably gonna' be when I'm actually holding the darned thing and playing it. Anyhoo, chances are that I WILL be participating in the Hallowe'en contest, whatever it may be. Also, does RaZoR lEaF accept suggestions for contests? I was thinking one where you have to create a tower, enemy and bonus hero based off of a certain game series. The only rule would be that the tower, enemy and bonus hero would all have to be based on the same video game franchise. (the only video game franchise that wouldn't be allowed is KR, obviously.)



A contest based on a video game has been done in the past, but it wasn't run by me so I don't know how well it went. Also 'taking suggestions' is the entire point of the Contest Discussion Thread. It's for ideas to be discussed, not just consecutive posts of "I think we should x", "I agree", "love it", "great idea", "let's do it"
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: CONTEST: Mini-Campaign

by AerisDraco » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:58 pm

It went fine as far as contests go; though I only had three entries... ;)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests