A Tower and Hero for upcoming mini-campaign

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

A Tower and Hero for upcoming mini-campaign

by GoddessArtemis » Mon May 27, 2019 8:27 am

Tower: Saurian Nightcoil

A lone Saurian marksman equipped with deadly technology that will pulverise any enemy in the blink of an eye.

A Saurian with an orange crest wearing hi-tech armour with orange lights sits atop a shiny metal structure with similar orange and grey designs. He shoots orange laser bolts from a futuristic sniper rifle.

Passive: targets the enemy with the most health in range

Tier 1 (140)
range: 380 (long)
attack speed: 2.7s
true attack: 21-25

Tier 2 (200)
range: 400 (great)
true attack: 57-64

Tier 3 (275)
range: 420 (great)
true attack: 100-120

Tier 4 (350)

A Saurian wielding incredibly advanced weaponry, able to decimate enemies from great distances.

A Saurian with a purple crest wearing hi-tech armour and a mask with blue lights sits atop a dark metal structure with similar purple and blue designs. He shoots blue laser bolts from a long, futuristic sniper rifle.

range: 450 (great)
physical attack: 175-200

Abilities:

Advanced Lock-on (160) (passive): the tower now targets the selected enemy when it is in range
When active, a very thin purple laser shines from the mask on the target.
“I’ve got you in my sights!”

Paralysing Shot (220/190/190) (active, 25s): a shot that stuns an enemy for 3/5/7s
Shoots a small device that seems to electrocute the target for the duration.
“Feel the lightning.”

Salvo Shot (210/210/210) (active, 25s): targeting the enemy with the lowest health in range, shoots a bolt that deals 125/150/175 damage; if it is a fatal shot, it continues shooting at intervals of 0.5s
Takes a moment to charge up the rifle, which glows in blue.
“Deadeye.”

Quotes:
“The hunt begins...”
“That helmet ain't gonna save ya.”
“I don’t blink.”
“You expected crossbows?”
(Level 4 built)
“Battle scan online.” (Advanced Lock-on)
“Electrify!” (Paralysing Shot)
“Flies in a barrel...” (Salvo Shot)

Hero: Zyrx, hi-tech duellist

After the death of their leader, Xyzzy, at the hands of the king’s army, the rest of the Saurians scattered and hid in the vast cave systems in Emberspike mountain. When the forces of Vez’nan appeared with the intent to liberate their ancient caves, they sent their most elite warrior equipped with their finest technology to assist him. Zyrx decimates his enemies with his twin vibroblades, delivering each strike with devastating precision.

Zyrx is a white Saurian with a purple crest who wears grey armour with purple lights. He wields two long vibroblades, also with purple lights.

Level 10 stats:

health: 400
true melee damage: 28-40
attack speed: 0.8s
armour: 40%
magic resistance: 0%
health rate/s: 20
respawn: 25s

Primary:

Cloak (active, 25/20/15s): when he or a nearby ally is hit with a ranged attack, cloaks him and nearby allies for 5/6/7s, making them unable to be targeted by ranged attacks

Lizard Blood (passive): every second in combat, gains 1/2/3 HP per second regeneration, up to a maximum of 30 HP/s

Absorption Pulse (active, 20s): absorbs a strike from an enemy and releases a pulse in a small area around him dealing 100/150/200% of the damage absorbed

Double Slash (active, 15s): strikes an enemy twice, dealing 150/200/250 true damage

Secondary:

Execute (passive): instantly kills all enemies below 10% health

Spell:

Temporal Vortex (40s) – a bomb explodes at the targeted area, creating a vortex that slows down enemies by 80% and their attack speed by 80% for 3/5/7s; bosses are slowed for 40% instead

Quotes:

“Zucker...”
“Thinking takes too long.”
“Weak, pathetic, feeble-minded creatures.”
“You want something to believe in?"
“It’ll grow back!”
(death)

I was planning to make another mini-campaign like Depths of the Jungle, but I am slightly stuck so I decided to post these here and ask you guys. What do you think a good enemy type would be for a cave environment? Of course, I could do dwarves again, but it wouldn't be very exciting.
Last edited by GoddessArtemis on Mon May 27, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To live an age, yet remember so little... Perhaps I should be thankful? All tragedy erased. I see only wonders... " - Quirrel
You probably won't click on this but here you go anyway.
User

Re: A Tower and Hero for upcoming mini-campaign

by AerisDraco » Mon May 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Nightcoil:
-And now there are two Deathcoil Sniper towers, each following entirely different ability templates.
-With the release of Vengeance, I've gained a significant dislike for high damage variance. So I don't much like 100-210 damage.
-Salvo Shot is pretty cool

Zyrx:
-Very solid hero, though I don't like Double Slash as it's a simple damage skill. I suppose it's fine though.
-Execute is really really strong. That needs a significant nerf, even if it is a cool power.
-heh zucc

As for a cave enemy, maybe you could search caves in fantasy and see if there's anything that fits.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by GoddessArtemis » Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 pm

-With the release of Vengeance, I've gained a significant dislike for high damage variance. So I don't much like 100-210 damage.

Thanks, I made it significantly smaller. I also like it much better, but I was basing it on the other towers which all had a high variance, so I assumed that has to be a certain % variance.
-Very solid hero, though I don't like Double Slash as it's a simple damage skill. I suppose it's fine though.

He is designed as a dueler hero, so I wanted to have one ability that dealt burst damage to a single target. I'll try to come up with something more creative.
-Execute is really really strong. That needs a significant nerf, even if it is a cool power.

I was unsure of this one as well and I see now that it is much too strong. I toned it down to 10%, which ensures he deals no more than 200 damage to even the largest enemies.
"To live an age, yet remember so little... Perhaps I should be thankful? All tragedy erased. I see only wonders... " - Quirrel
You probably won't click on this but here you go anyway.
User

by Sirsquier » Tue May 28, 2019 12:45 am

Noice hero man. Though as Aeris said that one ability isn't the most creative. But it does still deal great damage.
User

by Beresad Gold Hoarder » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Maybe instead of temporal vortex something closer to the saurian theme. Idk but perhaps a hero spell called Summon the Night Guard who are saurian nightscales. with each casting of the spell u get only one nightscale to fight for u but the catch is that the nightscale will not leave and will keep fighting until it is dead so :yey: with time u could a saurian army. Idk random idea
User

by Uranato » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:01 am

^ This would just be a broken, scaled-down verson of Zombie Bodyguard (Mortemis).
User