hero ideas

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: hero ideas

by Oof_Shunt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:56 am

changed some things and added Bart the Bowmaster and Danny the Dwarf
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 am

kingdom_rush wrote:changed some things and added Bart the Bowmaster and Danny the Dwarf

The dwarf is terrible. Honstly. He has two skills whic are both the exact same skills as a tower, and everything else is a stat boost.mbut without stating what his stats are and by what level they are being boosted, it is impossible to rate him on anything more than the two blatently copied abilities.

As for the bowman, there's no water in Origins for him to cross, so that skill is wasted. Rather than saying a skill is like somehting else, write the details down. I don't want to have to go check Dante's skills to what what Silver Bullet does, I want t see that explanation here on your hero. As far as I'm concerened, that's a nothing slot as it has no information. His other skills are boring, just plain stat boosts again (with no stats to boost) and he's essentially a mini version of a tower that already exists in the game.
Yes it's me

by Oof_Shunt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

I put the stat boosts as like a default, but even if I don't change them they're not bad as abilities,,, just look at Alric and Mirage: Toughness Swordsmanship Precision Swiftness

I agree that Fisherman isn't all that great, but Bart's not necessarily 'for Origins' these are just sorta plain hero ideas for all of Kingdom Rush where there might be water elsewhere like in Rising Tides or at a river,,, Danny is my idea for a better Bolin and Shin'ji is my idea for a better Oni (not that they'd actually be better but just more appealing to me ya know)
User

by Chimto » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:31 pm

kingdom_rush wrote:I put the stat boosts as like a default, but even if I don't change them they're not bad as abilities,,, just look at Alric and Mirage: Toughness Swordsmanship Precision Swiftness

Ironhide uses them, that doesn't make them any less lazy and boring as abilities and flawed as a method of design.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:56 pm

kingdom_rush wrote:I put the stat boosts as like a default, but even if I don't change them they're not bad as abilities,,, just look at Alric and Mirage: Toughness Swordsmanship Precision Swiftness

That's true, but neither Mirage or Alric have hero spells, so the rest of their skills are all used constantly, whereas with Hero spells, only four skills are actively in use, the other is single use only (within a given time frame I mean). So Danny has only one single skill, and that's just a ranged attack that you can't micro manage, meaning the only thing you can have him do is stand in place and melee attack, occasionally using his hero spell when you are able to. Remove the range booster (because you only have one attack that does anything) and give him a new skill, something a little more original than just the same skills as the Big Bertha tower. In comparison, Bolin has much more interesting and original abilities.
Yes it's me

by Oof_Shunt » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:08 am

swapped Winnie the Unicorn with Elora the Elf Queen
Last edited by Oof_Shunt on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:50 am

Elora's powers are nothing special, but they make a stylistic combination, even if they're some parts AOE and some parts DPS. The main issue is that Elora is the name of Ms. Wintersong, a hero in the original Kingdom Rush game.
BBB

by Oof_Shunt » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:29 am

Thanks for the feedback,,, and yea that's where I took the name from. This is the more Galadriel/Origins-ish Elora of the Past. Her Crystal Storm is Elora Wintersong's Ice Storm.
User

by Oof_Shunt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:03 pm

took out Sharky/Bart/Danny *sniffle* and added Shark & Shady the Renegades
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:56 pm

kingdom_rush wrote:took out Sharky/Bart/Danny *sniffle* and added Shark & Shady the Renegades

Rather than deleting them outright, you could just take what's been said and improve them. Just throwing them away means you aren't prepared to work on them or any other hero, and just want immediate praise for what you're presenting. If someone says they don't like your new hero/s, will you just delete them as well? If you're not going to make any effort to change your creations, then people aren't going to make any further effort to comment.
Yes it's me

by Oof_Shunt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:19 pm

So I should've kept the 'terrible' dwarf?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

He means that you should've kept the Dwarf's concept but changed things about him so that he wouldn't be terrible anymore. ;)
BBB

by Oof_Shunt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:11 am

He means that you should've kept the Dwarf's concept but changed things about him so that he wouldn't be terrible anymore. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0UodUr_pM
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:01 am

... I don't get it. :|
BBB

by Oof_Shunt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:52 pm

... I don't get it. :|

Seriously? I thought that was pretty good. Anyways I agree with you guys that they could do with improvement, but overall I like what I have now better than what I had before,,, high elf queen/dark elf duo > unicorn/yokai/bowmaster/dwarf,,, maybe I'll re-add them later after putting more thought into them
User

by Oof_Shunt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 pm

quotes and added Claw the Chameleon
User

by Oof_Shunt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:31 pm

changed some things (Elora's secondary ability is now spellcasting pink bolts like a Wild Magus; the color of all her stuff is now pink)(tweaked some of Claw's abilities),,, what do you guys think about pairs of heroes? like a Legolas/Gimli-like Alleria & Malik?

Or a Thranduil-like Drizz't & a gnome that only appears for trickery?

User

by Oof_Shunt » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:07 pm

added Hacksaw the Demon Imp and Oni the Yōkai Demon
User

by Ninja » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Hacksaw and Oni's names have already been used for heroes.
:hero:
User

by Oof_Shunt » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 pm

They're the same heroes,,, but in the past or the future, just as Prince Denas is the same as Gerald/King Denas
User

PreviousNext