The Dragon Throne Saga!

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

The Dragon Throne Saga!

by Manijure » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:48 pm

I think we can all agree that Dragon Throne is the number-one thing we're hyped, that we really want Ironhide to nail amazingly in a future update. So I was thinking, as we're waiting ever so patiently, how about we create our own story for Dragon Throne? Not a campaign, just a saga composed by our individual narratives. How far this story goes is up to you guys and me.

So I'll start the premise of the story!

It has been several weeks after the defeat of Baj'nimen and the Twilight Elves. All the Elven warriors have just arrived back into their home in Aredhel, and are just about to get their well-deserved respite when a Dwarf, by the name of Ragnar, from The Hollow Mountains barges into the court of the Elven queen.

He and several of his men had ventured beyond the mountains in search of riches and new lands to settle in when they stumbled upon an ominous lair. When they did, they awakened a ferocious gray dragon the size of the Royal Gardens, lying on top of a massive mound of gold and jewels (much larger than what the great Young Beresad has). Ragnar managed to quickly hide behind some tall rocks, but his men were cornered by the dragon. The dragon was about to eat them as a satisfactory wake-up meal, but something else came to his mind at the moment. He sensed a crystal somewhere in the Elven lands, a crystal brimmed with evil power. The dragon locked Ragnar's men in a prison he build himself, promising to start his meal once "that crystal of power is mine." With that, he flew away from his throne, flying towards the direction of Duredhel.

Upon hearing Ragnar's story, the Elven queen grows very worried for her people, and also at something else... "Could it be the dragon is looking for...?" she ponders. Putting that thought away for now, she makes a request for Prince Denas and Vez'nan, who were about to depart back into the kingdom of Linirea, to help her Elves one more time to find and stop that dragon from bringing ruin to the Elven lands.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

Re: The Dragon Throne Saga!

by Oof_Shunt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:21 pm

While waiting for help and hoping not to be eaten, Ragnar's men notice how Faustus-like some of the dragons are,,,fairy dragons that are neither good nor evil,,, they're like dragonling agents of chaos,,, whatever the reason why their search brought them so near the dragon's lair, it's too late for x
User

by Manijure » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:02 pm

In Duredhel...

Ainyl is not sure she has what it takes to be the new leader of the Twilight Elves. The Twilight Invasion in Aredhel that she led so long ago has cost her entire leg, and her artificial leg replacement made of satyr skin can only do so much for walking. In addition, she may be a great military leader, but after all the events that have transpired, she cannot ease the turmoil and unrest of her people. The death of Baj'nimen left them confused, with no sense of purpose anymore. All they have thought before was war and conquest. What now? Still, Ainyl has to do something, and she is the only one capable of doing so.

Slowly, Ainyl limps to the royal balcony, where all the Twilight Elves focuses their eyes on from the ground. "My people!" she said loudly. "I understand your confusion. I understand your plight. We are not the Twilight Elves we were before, so brave and determined. My sister, Malicia, my dear sister, had led you well, with a strong heart. I miss her. But she is not here anymore, and we must overcome! Baj'nimen did nothing but galvanize us to launch a counterattack that we had no hope of winning. The war against our fellow kind was over, and he failed to see that. But it's time to move forward. As your new leader, I, Ainyl, will use all what I have to help rebuild this great city we call Duredhel!"

Some of the Twilight Elves have skeptical looks on their faces. Could she save them from despair? But the others remember her bravery in the Aredhel attack and her benevolence, and cheer loudly in support. A smile went on Ainyl's face. "Perhaps there is hope for us," she thought.

ROOOOOAR!!!!!!!!

The sound is so deafening and unexpected, a couple of the Twilight Elves falls to the ground, briefly covering their ears. Her people wonder what made that roar, but Ainyl could see clearly from the balcony the source of the noise. A massive gray dragon in the distance, coming their way...
Last edited by Manijure on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Juice Box » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Why does everyone love giving every kind of Elf so much pain?
User

by Manijure » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Juice Box wrote:Why does everyone love giving every kind of Elf so much pain?

Probably because how fragile they are, despite how swift and graceful they are. And they're usually the most emotional imo. :P

I've always sympathized Malicia over Vez'nan and Lord Malagar, probably because she cares for her people. Vez'nan treats his minions as expendable, and Lord Malagar just hires mercenaries as distractions for him to revive Umbra (and you know how that turned out for him). I also noticed in the Shrine of Elynie comic on how doubtful she was of taking the tear ("But... the price could be too high!"). It kind of shows that despite all the havoc and bloodshed she unleashed in her campaign against the non-Twilight Elves, she still had morals... somewhat. Baj'nimen was just a nut case, enough said.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:27 pm

I also sympathize Malicia over any other enemy.

However, I do think Ainyl would'nt have some beatnick surgery to give her goatskin. What she would do is what someone does in a book series I love.
Find a "volunteer" and "borrow" their leg.

Why wouldn't she want the powerful legs of an Avenger?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by The_Viking » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Manijure wrote:
Juice Box wrote:Why does everyone love giving every kind of Elf so much pain?

Probably because how fragile they are, despite how swift and graceful they are. And they're usually the most emotional imo. :P

I wish elves were not considered "fragile" or weak or emotional. I feel that they got those labels from dwarf-lovers who were just trying to make dwarves sound tougher, and this happened so much that it started to get implented in games and books. I still love dwarves, but it bothers me when they are considered nearly impossible to kill while elves can basically die from a paper cut. In Tolkien's books, (basically the foundation for all fantasy stuff) elves were strong and stout, able to fend off wave after wave of orc and troll attacks (but they weren't ninjas either, like today's elves seem to be). And they weren't even remotely emotional, in fact the only time I've ever read of elves crying or expressing grief in LOTR was when Morgoth (Sauron) destroyed their homeland and almost wiped them out. Hell, dwarves are more emotional in LOTR than elves are. That's how I think elves should be. Tough -- but not complete killing machines -- and unemotional. Sure, they laugh and share a few jokes once in awhile, but they are too proud to show their weaknesses.
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by Manijure » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Tarenslake the Dragon could smell the fragrant scent of Twilight Elves miles away as he flies towards Duredhel. "Such tasty morsels," he thinks to himself. "They would make a fine feast!" However, as much as he would want to get a bite to eat, that is not his purpose. He is hunting for information that the Twilight Elves surely have. Besides, his platter of Dwarves locked by his throne is not going anywhere...

Finally, Tarenslake approaches the outskirts of Duredhel as he is greeted with a volley of arrows. Instead of dodging them, he continues flying in his current direction, the arrows deflecting harmlessly on his tough, scaly skin. "Novices," he scoffs. "They could do better than that... Like what I'm about to do!" He swiftly crashes past one of the watchtowers, rubble and Twilight Harassers flying. The Harassers and Evokers on the ground, still unfazed by his attack, continue firing at Tarenslake's belly to no avail. In reply, he zooms towards the ground, letting out a powerful stream of fire. Most of the elves dodges the flames, but others are not as fortunate as the fire immolates their bodies, and they run around uselessly (not even bothering to stop, drop, and roll as they should). Tarenslake is hardly finished; his tail swings in an arc, knocking down a colossal statue of Malicia in the main square. The Twilight Elves watch in horror as the icon of their former beloved queen topples to the ground crumbles in pieces. "You dare not!" one of the Avengers cries in disbelief.

Tarenslake turns to the Avenger and his nearby comrades who dare to call him out. "Oh, but I dare," he says, grinning. "I have not dealt blood and carnage in years, and I must say, it is quite fun! But admittedly, that is not why I paid a visit. I am looking for valuable information, and I believe you can give it to me." "After what you have done!?" the Avenger shouts in anger. "By the name of Malicia, we shall not yield to your terror!" Tarenslake sighs in pity, shaking his head. "You still defy me? What a shame. I was actually considering on letting you live... Your funeral." With that, he lets out another burst of fire, covering his sight of the elves with flame and smoke. "Let's see if the other Twilight Elves are more complaint," he thinks as the fire is starting to die down... "Huh!?" To his surprise, all the elves are still standing, covered by some force field, frightened and surprised they are still alive. "What is this?" Tarenslake asks in confusion."STOP!" a voice yelled in a commanding tone.

An elven woman, covered in a red hood and robes and wielding a staff, approaches the dragon, standing with the other Twilight Elves. "And who are you that dares to challenge me!?" Tarenslake demands. The woman takes her hood off, revealing her face. "I am Ainyl, mage and new leader of the Twilight Elves," she claims. "So Malicia is not the leader anymore?" the dragon wonders. "She is gone," Ainyl says. "She was my sister. But enough of that; what's done is done. What business do you have in Duredhel, destroying our city and attacking my people?"

"Old habits," Tarenslake admits. "Although your people are very resistant when it comes to giving simple information." "What information are you looking for?" Ainyl asks. "My queen, don't give the dragon what he wants!" the Twilight Avengers blurts out, but Ainyl waves him aside. "Well, well, someone who's willing to listen," the dragon says, pleased. "Very well, then. As I woke from my long slumber, I detected a crystal in the Elven lands." "A crystal?" Ainyl inquires. "Not an ordinary crystal," Tarenslake clarifies. "I could sense power emanating from it. A dark, evil power, something that could be of great use to me."

Ainyl realizes what Tarenslake is referring to. "The... the Tear of Elynie?" she asks. The dragon's eyes perk up.
User