Collaboration Campaign: Frumious Forges

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: Collaboration Campaign: Frumious Forges

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Lord of all evil wrote:BBB, I may be adding a jujub bird special tower in my campaign as well as a larger, more powerful, non mechanical bandersnatch enemy, so don't say I've copied anything off you if you include those in your game.

Well, that depends how similar it actually is to my enemies. I have no doubt in you that it'll be unique, but I'm just letting you know that warning me beforehand that you're going to make similar enemies isn't an excuse for making similar enemies. :P Like I already wrote, though, I trust it'll be fine anyways. :)

kingdom rush fan wrote:Cybersnatches are cool.

Hellbringers sound rather easy to beat.

I buffed Hellbringers to not take damage from spraying fire. A single one can only overheat after dealing 550 total damage, which requires 2 Runed Bears accompanied by something else, which will then likely die as well from the detonation. Good luck fighting them in groups.
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Good.I like challenges.
:hero:
User

by Lord of all evil » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:41 am

There will be no mechanical bandersnatches in my campaign, there will be fae creatures, one will be an upgraded bandersnatch and there will be a jujub bird. So, if you are going the mechanical path, our ideas shall not cross.

If you're including a redcap riding a giant possessed evil teddy bear, then we have a big problem :lol:
User

by Lord of all evil » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm sorry for not actually reviewing your campaign, the enemies of the campaign work well together as an organized army. I like the idea of a scientist creating an army based on the physique of the bandersnatch, the idea of exploding enemies adds an aspect of difficulty as barracks are almost essential to kill the bandersnatches. I would advise to increase the speed of a few enemies and decrease the amount attacking each time, as they would appear easier to fight. It would be nice to add a mechanic that works in favour of the enemy as well as a special tower to add more to the story. If slow means, twilight golem at 50% health slow, then you might want to increase the speed, so it doesn't get crippled by Mage towers or the lightning spell. You're ideas are awesome so far, I'm glad for the both of our campaigns, that the fae forest is getting recognition for campaigns.
User

by Chimto » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:53 pm

1) Starts with some Bandersnatches, rolling in one by one with noticeable time between each. A Golden Longbow with Crimson Sentence can get you through this if you're lucky, but upgrading your barracks and simply buying Hunter's Mark is more cost effective.
2) A Cybersnatch appears, with another Bandersnatch rolling in, going past him and engaging your defenses. Any powers will be sponged by this Bandersnatch, leaving the player some time to see the Cybersnatch in action. He is very unlikely to get past anything if you've come this far already. After awhile, another Cybersnatch appears.

Giant enemies so early in the stage? I think the player should be able to warm up with Forgesnatches at least instead of having to deal with the giants right from the start.
Unless if this is supposed to be the Heroic Challenge...
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:14 pm

The early giants make the player think they need instakills and such, when really, the level will constantly demand crowd control throughout. Plus, the bonus gold from Bandersnatches helps to get enough to upgrade barracks and Druids to be able to handle the less bountiful Forgesnatches later. ;)

Update with the 2 mechanics of the level: Bandersnatch Lairs and the Floodzones, things which I prepared for since the beginning. The rest of the waves will be updated next, and the 2nd level will start after that's done. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Floodzones are cool,but they make it obvious who is the best hero for the campaign.(Bravebark, :P) ;)
User

by Chimto » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 am

Benefiting from one single mechanic does not make a hero instantly superior to every single other.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Ninja » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:13 am

Yes,but constant healing is a big benefit.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 am

The healing was reduced to 2 per second. I'd still argue that Razz and Rags or Prince Denas would be the best heroes since they do so well at stalling, even compared to Bravebark. Tanks in general are key components of the mission, while ranged heroes will mess up everything and cause enemies to explode early, killing all of your troops.

Making the enemies focused on countering strategies with mages and archers really adds a lot more unique play styles to the levels than I initially thought. Hooray for originality! :yey:
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:24 am

Okay,that's good now. :D
User

by Lord of all evil » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:57 am

The floodzones mechanic is interesting as it affects allies, heroes and enemies in different ways. Adding to the strategy of the game.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:36 am

Updated with the rest of the waves and the start of level 2, all accompanied by maps for both levels drawn by TMN, who is an amazing help here. :mrgreen:

If you're having questions about the key for map 2, the next update will likely answer them. 8-)
BBB

by SairiRM » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Really like the concept of mechanical enemies made by a scientist with an obsession, and also the enemies seem rather original (especially the fact that some of their abilities are so anti-barracks, yet you need barracks to stall those unstoppable fast beasts), but I really have two problems with them: the lack of magic resistant enemies and flying enemies, which means archers are pretty much useless here.

I hope we'll get the two new type of enemies in the final stage, along with the heroes maybe?
User

by phillipriv9 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 pm

It's BBB, of course there is probably like 5 other things he has to add.
1 there I put something here
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:01 am

SairiRM wrote:Really like the concept of mechanical enemies made by a scientist with an obsession, and also the enemies seem rather original (especially the fact that some of their abilities are so anti-barracks, yet you need barracks to stall those unstoppable fast beasts), but I really have two problems with them: the lack of magic resistant enemies and flying enemies, which means archers are pretty much useless here.

I hope we'll get the two new type of enemies in the final stage, along with the heroes maybe?

Oh no, you're right! I've broken the rule of every Origins Elite Stage of prioritising archers over all other towers! If the levels, enemies, and new special additions aren't boring and stale, then WHAT WILL BE?!? :o

Anyways, I have good news! There is an

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a pretty big update, if you couldn't tell. 2 new enemies, the first being Tunnellers, have been added, to further necessitate barracks and Druids forming a crowd-control based strategy, while the second, Absorbatons, have been integrated to make everything much more durable!

The furthering of the barracks-reliant strategy has been balances out by the Tesla Coils, one of the 2 new mechanics added, which are pretty much towers if the enemy could use them. Finally, to balance out the strange need of DPS from Absorbatons in a mainly crowd-control campaign, the special tower, Mechanical Marvel Mark 1 is here! :yey:
BBB

by tiger_deF » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Will there be another stage?
Pie is tasty
So is cheesecake
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:25 pm

tiger_deF wrote:Will there be another stage?

Of course. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Tunnelers are very cool. :)
I like the concept a lot,but I will have to tweak a future enemy of mine. :(

Absorbotons seem very similar to the other damage absorbing enemy(Ogre Magi),
but they serve their purpose well and I like them. :) (But 9000 HP+High armor is a little over
the top,don't you think?I mean,that's more than several bosses!) ;)

The Mechanical Marvel Mark 1 is awesome.But not quite what I was expecting. :P

The Tesla Coil is the best aspect of this update.I have always adored the idea of enemy towers
and you pulled it off exceptionally.(It also really helps that the Teslax104 is my favorite tower.) :D
User

by Zonoro13 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:49 am

I've been reading everything, but couldn't have time to comment properly due to my campaign. I have to say this is probably your number 1 fanfic, due to the incredible attention to game mechanics and design, and fascinating enemies. Your early work was original and balanced, but now you take into account every factor of the game, including player decisions, within and outside of the level, to produce a totally complete Kingdom Rush Origins experience. I applaud you.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

PreviousNext