Re: My Hero Ideas

by Ninja » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey BBB,what do you think of Templa,Baalog,and The Beast? :?:
:hero:
User

by Ninja » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:20 pm

UPDATE!!! :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:

(With Gozar the Varladulian Bememoth! :twisted: 8-) :yey: )
Sorry for the triple post. :oops:
User

by Staticbog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:02 am

I bought all heroes I don't think that the woods protector would make it there is already one bravebark
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm

This new hero has a flaw which I analysed in my satirical heroes thread. Check it out to see what my criticisms are. Otherwise, the last 2 skills are nicely original and the concept seems really fun. :)
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:This new hero has a flaw which I analyses in my satirical heroes thread. Check it out to see what my criticisms are. Otherwise, the last 2 skills are nicely original and the concept seems really fun. :)

Thanks for the feedback! :D
I've adjusted the hero according to your complaints. :)

Note:First off,I don't think there's anything wrong with
feeling like you have a boss for a hero.When
they're actually on par with a boss,then you have
a problem.Also,on a side note,I think Argan is awesome. :)
I've slightly changed his playstyle by adding per-
manent effects to all of his abilities and changing some
of them to make them more original. :) (It was actually
my original intent to make his abilities have permanent
effects,but I was having trouble coming up with original
permanent abilities at first,because everything I made up
seemed OP.I hope these new powers work as I intended
them to and are also not OP. :) )
If you have a problem with his high HP,compare to Grawl.
Grawl's HP is almost as high as his,and IH still made him. ;)
However,I did find his attack slightly OP and have adjusted
its' numbers.
And finally,I've added a detrimental secondary ability to com-
pensate for the power of Crushing Blow.(his other secondary)

P.S.What do you think of Templa?I'm asking this because he's
the hero I rolled around the longest in my head,and I wish he
would get more attention. :( (Feedback on The Beast and Baalog
would also be greatly appreciated. :) )
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:49 pm

Sorry, I keep promising to myself that I'll check it out, but end up having too much homework and forget about it. If I don't have my thoughts posted within 24 hours, remind me. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:47 pm

OK.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:40 pm

He IS on par with a boss. Look at his stats: The HP, multiplied by 1.4, becomes 1,400, which is almost as much as a boss, while his damage is only believable for a final foe after a series of levels. The skills that he has add up to make him capable of killing a boss on his own, which should never be possible.

"IH still made him" makes it seem like Ironhide is never capable of making flawed heroes. Grawl is imbalanced mostly because Alric is better in every way, but this hero is for a different game and has every stat that Grawl has but much more.
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:He IS on par with a boss. Look at his stats: The HP, multiplied by 1.4, becomes 1,400, which is almost as much as a boss, while his damage is only believable for a final foe after a series of levels. The skills that he has add up to make him capable of killing a boss on his own, which should never be possible.

"IH still made him" makes it seem like Ironhide is never capable of making flawed heroes. Grawl is imbalanced mostly because Alric is better in every way, but this hero is for a different game and has every stat that Grawl has but much more.

Would you rather he be UP?! :?
(Fine,I'll mess around with his stats.)

P.S.What do you think of the new powers? :?:
User

by Ninja » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Alright,now I changed his stats somewhat.
To compensate at least somewhat for his massive HP drop,I've
upped his damage but increased his reload for basic attacks.
(I bet Pheonix and Vezzie can kill more enemies than him now. :( )
(And what do you mean by saying his attack is OP?Faustus deals more
damage and no-one says he's OP. ;) )
User

by Ninja » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 am

@Staticbog
What do you mean you bought all the heroes??? :? (These are FanFic,dude. ;) :roll: )

@BBB
You have given more feedback on Gozar,which is appreciated :) ,but you haven't
given feedback on Templa,The Beast,or Baalog yet.
(You told me to remind you if you hadn't posted your thoughts within 24 hrs.. :P )
P.S. What do you think of Gozar's new/changed powers? :?:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:04 am

Sorry, I like to do things one at a time with heroes. :)

Gozar's HP is still huge. He has the damage of a glass cannon but the durability of a tank; that's how he is like a boss and that is why he is so OP. His abilities enhance this further by all having stacking effects, except that they take so long to recharge that only one usage of it at a time would ever effect a single foe. Even then, for them to work effectively, his stats would have to be lower because then he'd have more reliance on skills for efficiency. Why not focus on one aspect or make everything extremely evened out?

Faustus can't block enemies, and his attack always deals that damage when it's used, unless it overkills. Gozar deals area damage, and deals more damage than Faustus anyways when he uses his 5th attack.

The new power is extremely complicated and hard for players to understand without a description. The base description of the skill should tell us everything important of what we need to know to begin with. On top of this, he's so OP already that he doesn't need allies, so the friendly harm doesn't matter. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:13 pm

1.OK. :)
2.I can't figure out how
to balance him out evenly
so I'm going to try to focus
on one aspect of him.But,
I can't figure out how to do this
without making him feel UP.
Any advice? :)
3.I'll change the secondaries
when I think of better ones. :)
4.Any advice on that?I can't
figure out how to make it any
less complicated. :P
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:56 pm

For balance, look at other heroes, as you've been doing, but compare every aspect rather than a mix of heroes. Instead of comparing his HP to Grawl's and his damage to Faustus, compare his HP, damage, heal rate, respawn, and abilities to either Faustus OR Grawl. Better yet, pick a hero who isn't UP like Eridan or Lynn and base the hero's stats on one of them. :)

Heroes don't need secondaries. If they're just plain awesome, then they're just plain awesome and there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Be concise. Say something like this: "Gozar hardens, emanating arcane magic that deals 45/120/225 magic damage over 3/4/5 seconds to enemies and allies."

It should all be one sentence, with few commas if any. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:20 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:For balance, look at other heroes, as you've been doing, but compare every aspect rather than a mix of heroes. Instead of comparing his HP to Grawl's and his damage to Faustus, compare his HP, damage, heal rate, respawn, and abilities to either Faustus OR Grawl. Better yet, pick a hero who isn't UP like Eridan or Lynn and base the hero's stats on one of them. :)

Heroes don't need secondaries. If they're just plain awesome, then they're just plain awesome and there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Be concise. Say something like this: "Gozar hardens, emanating arcane magic that deals 45/120/225 magic damage over 3/4/5 seconds to enemies and allies."

It should all be one sentence, with few commas if any. :)

1.Personally,I don't think either of those heroes are UP.I like them both. ;)
However,I do think I'll base his stats off other heroes. :) (Because he
appears to quite OP by what you say.)

2.But I like secondaries. :( ( :P )

3.I'll try to make it not so complex,but I can't promise anything. :) (I
actually find the description rather easy to understand.Can you
explain to me what you feel is complicated about it? :?: )
User

by Ninja » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:34 am

Hey,BBB!You haven't answered
me yet. :( (Sorry if I seem impatient.)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:33 am

Everyone will be getting a review tomorrow, if I can fit it all in. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Everyone will be getting a review tomorrow, if I can fit it all in. ;)

:yey:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:48 pm

Let's start with Templa, as he is the next one down.

Templa's skills are very complex, but quite original. Some aren't explained well enough, though, for example, Spirit Bomb. Does he need to stop moving to charge up energy? Does the bomb exploded in an AOE around him, or effect the entire map? Or, is it a projectile?

Essence has a typo. It claims to make Mage towers bypass armour, but magic damage does that inherently. ;)

Essence is also OP, because it's basically Beacon of Light with multiple effects stacked on it to be even stronger. I like the idea of silencing enemies after death since he can't tank the magic damage while dead, but to also buff magic towers as he dies, while very nicely and intelligently coalescent, is just plain OP. Plus, it partially loses that cohesion when you think about the fact he would never die to magical enemies anyways, so he wouldn't be near any to silence them, thus having to be moved away from where the dangerous foe is that killed him. ;)

What makes energy orbs explode? Do they do so every time or what? I'm not even sure what energy orbs are other than 1) his normal (and OP) ranged attack or 2) redirected magic attacks.

He is overall a very OP hero. I like the idea of tanking damage while also giving back the same amount, because it just sounds so cool, but it really doesn't work here. One of his skills is just a passive that boosts his secondary, which is already really powerful as it is. He should have magic immunity intrinsically and get a bonus from his upgrade that basses him to reflect 50/75/100% of all magic damage back to attackers for balance and to make the skill seem more original compared to the base hero. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Let's start with Templa, as he is the next one down.

Templa's skills are very complex, but quite original. Some aren't explained well enough, though, for example, Spirit Bomb. Does he need to stop moving to charge up energy? Does the bomb exploded in an AOE around him, or effect the entire map? Or, is it a projectile?

It absorbs slain barracks soldiers from all over the map but only affects enemies
in a very large AoE around him when it actually explodes.(I've written that in his
description now.)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Essence has a typo. It claims to make Mage towers bypass armour, but magic damage does that inherently. ;)

Fixed. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Essence is also OP, because it's basically Beacon of Light with multiple effects stacked on it to be even stronger. I like the idea of silencing enemies after death since he can't tank the magic damage while dead, but to also buff magic towers as he dies, while very nicely and intelligently coalescent, is just plain OP. Plus, it partially loses that cohesion when you think about the fact he would never die to magical enemies anyways, so he wouldn't be near any to silence them, thus having to be moved away from where the dangerous foe is that killed him. ;)

I just don't see how that's OP.Can you explain why to me? :?

I actually was aiming to make it so that players must move the
essence around for it to be useful and silence spellcasters.How-
ever,I do now see a mistake that I made.I made it have a slow
speed,thus negating from the intended focus.Therefore,I have
buffed its' speed to very fast. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:What makes energy orbs explode? Do they do so every time or what? I'm not even sure what energy orbs are other than 1) his normal (and OP) ranged attack or 2) redirected magic attacks.

Energy orbs are simply what I like to call his basic attack,and
therefore,in keeping with its' description of dealing AoE damage,
explode. ;)
I simply call redirected magic attacks "redirected projectiles".
(I've now nerfed his ranged attack damage. :) )

Big Bad Bug wrote:He is overall a very OP hero. I like the idea of tanking damage while also giving back the same amount, because it just sounds so cool, but it really doesn't work here. One of his skills is just a passive that boosts his secondary, which is already really powerful as it is. He should have magic immunity intrinsically and get a bonus from his upgrade that basses him to reflect 50/75/100% of all magic damage back to attackers for balance and to make the skill seem more original compared to the base hero. :)

I've given him magic immunity and changed his secondary to simply
tell you about his redirection of magic projectiles.
I have changed Energy Redirection to another power called Energy
Absorption. 8-)
User

PreviousNext