Ghuz's wizard towers

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Ghuz's wizard towers

by Kowaghuz » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm posting more and more threads that are supposed to be "regularly updated" only to let them die.

Well, I'm gonna try to not to that this time, so bear with me.

So far in KR we have seen the following schools of magic:
Arcane - Purple. Focuses on damage and altering reality.
Sorcery - Orange. Focuses on shapeshifting and giving life to inanimate objects. Also weakens armor.
Magery+ - Cyan. Artificially creates otherwise natural phenomena.
Necromancy - Green. Focuses on raising the dead.
Druidic(?) -Light green. Focuses on using nature to defeat foes.
Tel'Quesit/High Elven - Turquoise. Elb things.

Here are the magics I want to build towers around:
Clerical/Holy - White/Gold yellow. Healing and thunders and stuff.
Eldritch - The real deal, summoning portals to other 11spooky dimensions that instakill enemies. Khaki + Red.
Dwarven runemagic - It's like inserting runes into an altar instead of cents into a pinball machine. And that you rain destruction instead of playing a game. Light orange.
Demonic - Image. Pure crimson red.
Elementalism - Fire, earth, water, air because that is so original and epin XDDD. Uses all red, blue, white and green projectiles and shiny stuff.

It's really late here, so I guess I will start writing the towers tomorrow. I'll keep adding magic types here so don't expect myself to settle for just these 6 types/
User

Re: Ghuz's wizard towers

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 am

Okay, I'm making the towers themselves a different post. Sry2dubpost.

PRIEST TOWER
Appearance : A hexagonal tower with large blue stained glass windows on all sides.
The priest himself is dressed in white robes, is bald, and has an iron circlet/tiara put on his head.

Cost: 400G
Damage:15-60
Range: Great
Firing speed: Fast

Upgrades:
A- Angelic protection: Summons an angel with 200/250/300 HP and Low/Medium/High armor. Costs 320/160/160.

B- Holy thunder: Instakills an enemy and creates makes the segment of the road it hit burn enemies for 4/8/12 damage per second for 20 seconds. Cooldown 30 seconds. Costs 250/250/250
Last edited by Kowaghuz on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:43 pm

It's alright. The stats are OK, fitting right between the ever-growing Wild Magus and High Elven Mage for DPS. The Angel Summon is ok, but I can't say anything really nice or really critical about it without feeling like a broken record. It's been done before, so what's the point? Holy Thunder is really cool, but the damage over time lasts so long that it's OP. Totalling to 320 area damage plus an instakill. Of course, it isn't as effective against certain enemies because they'll likely die sometime between the duration, but as more enemies keep flooding in, the total damage is really high. It's basically Eldritch Doom with progressive damage rather than instant.
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:It's alright. The stats are OK, fitting right between the ever-growing Wild Magus and High Elven Mage for DPS. The Angel Summon is ok, but I can't say anything really nice or really critical about it without feeling like a broken record. It's been done before, so what's the point? Holy Thunder is really cool, but the damage over time lasts so long that it's OP. Totalling to 320 area damage plus an instakill. Of course, it isn't as effective against certain enemies because they'll likely die sometime between the duration, but as more enemies keep flooding in, the total damage is really high. It's basically Eldritch Doom with progressive damage rather than instant.

That 320 damage is if the enemy is really slow. Which means the enemy has around 700+ HP, so I guess it's not that OP.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:51 pm

It's an AOE dealing damage over time, so as more enemies keep flooding in, the total damage gets extremely high. Against big slow enemies, the instakill does the work already.

It's OP. ;)
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:It's an AOE dealing damage over time, so as more enemies keep flooding in, the total damage gets extremely high. Against big slow enemies, the instakill does the work already.

It's OP. ;)

Changed, better now?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Now it's UP. :P

Just leave it, or better yet, give it a different effect that better serves the role of a Mage tower.
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Now it's UP. :P

Just leave it, or better yet, give it a different effect that better serves the role of a Mage tower.

User

by Ninja » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Whether its UP or OP depends on the cost.(i.e.:if it costs 100/100/100GP,then it's OP,but if it costs 400/400/400GP,its UP.)
:hero:
User

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:06 pm

kingdom rush fan wrote:Whether its UP or OP depends on the cost.(i.e.:if it costs 100/100/100GP,then it's OP,but if it costs 400/400/400GP,its UP.)

Completely forgot costs.

Thanks lad.
User

by Ninja » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Your welcome,and that's a good cost for it.(it is neither UP nor OP,it's balanced :yey: )
:hero:
User