IM Beta Sneak Peek Video Analyzed

A new Sci-Fi adventure! Mechas included.

IM Beta Sneak Peek Video Analyzed

by FeedDaKingdom » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xj1nEQzTJk <<<<< The video

Alright commanders, settle down as this footage that we recovered is what you will be getting your hands into when you get to Sagan - 1

First off we see a mech, Kara, and a sentry gun shooting at a big enemy, possibly mission objective or enemy base structure
Seeing as the mech costs 90 (later in the vid) you probably start with one, because your max etherium at the moment is 50
To the left we see your (presumably) starting base (as the refinery has a larger base surrounding it), with a giant artillery cannon sitting offline next to it, as well as 2 minigun turrets protecting against the constantly incoming enemies
The 2 tooltips to the right, is most likely intel, first for your (most likely new) Mech, and the second one for what looks like a building

The commander teleports in some snipers, Long range sharpshooters wielding high caliber rifles, but has no armor
you also see 2 arrows on the edges of the screen, those probably point to the mission objective

At this time the thing that Kara and mech are shooting at is going down, the turret expires (dissapears), and the mech is ordered to guard the base, the 'spire' is also freed of infestation, now its pretty clear, your objective is to clear all of this 'spires' of the enemy in order to power the giant artillery cannon, with wires on the ground pointing you to where they are
Kara proceeds to grab the 'supply' boost on the bottom right, boosting your max units to 4 (5 sec to cap)
At the same time the snipers cap the etherium deposit, placing down a probe to confirm warp coordinates that takes 10s before a refinery is warped in
As soon as the refinery arrives, your etherium production is amped from 2/s to 5/s and capacity is tripled
Seeing as Kara doesn't immediately start capping the deposit as soon as it is clear, you probably have to use troops to do this, not heroes

Kara briefly comes under attack from an enemy, attacking just in the border of Kara's max range, which the snipers quickly terminate, while Kara only takes minuscule damage, but here we see another shot coming from an enemy that is unseen, implying that the enemy that moved ahead is probably trying to spot for the other enemy sitting in the back, all this time the base comes under light enemy attacks

Flash forward sometime later, the mech and the snipers haven't moved yet, shield generators has been placed on all the turrets, and another enemy base up top is revealed
A small mortar turret is deployed under the minigun turret, which is probably a consumable, because it's appearance is similar to the first consumable available, and the amount you have is 5 when it was 6, the icon is also greyed out, so you maybe can only have 1 active at any time (and yeah they kinda look like dwarf bombards)

The commander decides that dropping in an unsupported Kara in a drop pod is the best way to tackle the enemy base, Kara seems to still take very minuscule damage from 2 turrets, before the commander drops a sentry to draw aggro
Interesting thing to note, the alien turrets take no damage from Kara's rockets (no health bar is shown), and the sentry gun immediately draws aggro from the alien turrets even though Kara doesn't move at all
There's also a green orb floating on the top right, most likely a collectible

A huge enemy is seen sieging your base, it manages to strip shields off a gatling turret but gets mowed down afterwards, you get a battle notification on the right for this, another interesting thing, your snipers seem to spread their fire over multiple targets, with some of them hitting the smaller ranged grunts, instead of all focusing on the giant that's getting close
Also, your gatling turret self repairs after it doesn't get shot for a while

A mech is ordered in, moves (very slowly) to the enemy, then morphs into a flamer mech
in the end, we see a huge alien army advancing, only to get bombarded into a gibfest, presumably by your giant artillery cannon you are trying to activate, or maybe from orbit, it's anyone's guess
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

Re: IM Beta Sneak Peek Video Analyzed

by FeedDaKingdom » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:09 am

Kara
Abilites (note these names i made up)
Death Blossom, damages in a short range and 360 radius
Overdrive, Increase attack speed for a short time (about 6-7 seconds)

She also deals splash damage, and can 1 shot weak enemies
Attacks air? don't know, its not shown on the footage

Thoughts :
Seems extremely durable, she only takes ~5% damage from 2 enemy defense turret shots
If this is already the case, just imagine how durable other more beefier looking heroes like Taguins, or the mech hero could get
Her health bar in the screen seems to be out of sync with the health bar on the bottom left

Quotes : (she has a somewhat energetic & spirited voice)
All Right! (on killing a big enemy)
Roger that (move order)
Wilco (move order)
Rock and Roll! (orbital drop)
You don't want to mess with ------ (taking hits) -----probably wrong
CONTACT!!! (activating overdrive)----- probably wrong also

Snipers
[+] SPOILER

They are never seen taking any damage, so their durability is unknown
Extremely long range (longer than Kara)
extreme single target alpha strike damage
Whatever they're targeting gets a triangle targeting mark on them

Quotes : (Scottish female accent)
Right Away (move order)
Shoot and scoot (move order)

Shellstorm
[+] SPOILER

shoots 4 missiles, deals splash, seems to be able to hit ground and air, basically, wasp missiles
very slow
pretty durable (comparable to Kara), maybe a bit weaker
Long reload time, about 5 seconds between missile salvos

Quotes : (more Scottish female accent, but sounds a bit softer than snipers)
"Missiles Ready" (when warped in)
"Covering ground" (move order)
"Stationing" (move order)

Flamer mech (actual name not seen)
haven't really been seen firing or taking heavy damage

Quotes : (its a guy this time, so the mech operator changes as it morphs :P)
"Hit the gas!" (morphed)
User

by Taurmega » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:05 am

This video shows a lot, huh.
And it's a good analysis, I'd say. Since I actually feel hella less confused at the whole thing. Video was awesome stuff as well, although that's to be expected.
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:59 am

Wow, such detail! :D

I'm glad this video appeared to rejuvenate the hype, since everything has been otherwise dead silent for a long time.

Kara's voice is not what I was expecting. I want to say I'm disappointed because she doesn't have the energy that the crazy KR heroes have (Razz and Rags, Vez'nan, Oni, etc.) but it's hard to make out everything exactly, so I won't conclude that as a criticism just yet. Hopefully, it's better in the final product. Plus, this is coming from the guy who was annoyed by Elves' voices in KRO during the beta and now never thinks twice about them.

There seems to be a few more options than I thought, since there were 2 categoies of soldiers from which to pick in one of the barracks, followed by one of the categories branching out into 3 others, one of them being locked. That, or maybe there are only 2, but they didn't want to change a standard format created for 3 soldiers. Either way, if there's space for 3 troops, that bodes well for me, since I like my options to be plentiful. :)

I'm also personally glad that it seems like skills don't cost resources to use. There's freedom to use lots explosions without being held back by every single decision having a great cost (the cooldown of skills is enough) which is just more fun, and I think that more fun is the main goal of these games.
BBB

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:55 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Kara's voice is not what I was expecting. I want to say I'm disappointed because she doesn't have the energy that the crazy KR heroes have (Razz and Rags, Vez'nan, Oni, etc.) but it's hard to make out everything exactly, so I won't conclude that as a criticism just yet. Hopefully, it's better in the final product. Plus, this is coming from the guy who was annoyed by Elves' voices in KRO during the beta and now never thinks twice about them.

Well, i do have something to say about the voices
First, they sound like the troops are talking directly to you, which doesn't make sense in a far future setting, add some radio or comm sounds
Second, the minigun sounds too slow firing, sounds more like a regular machine gun
and then Kara's voice sounds.....a little bit too weak for an action girl of her style, not helping the fact that she says "All Right!" like Dora the Explorer (sorry Ironhide) after she manages to reduce an enemy harvester to a mound of gibs is the first thing we hear from her.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Yep. Kara should be the easiest to make great quotes for; she's energetic and insane like the developers themselves. This doesn't bode well for the plainer heroes like Captain Taguins, who might be even worse...
BBB

by canlupus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm

https://t.co/HYkI63x9RS
New video from twitter.
User

by SealDarklight » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 pm

I dont know what to say about the Iron Marines Beta but it looks suprisingly good yet kinda complicated. Ive usually been interested at kingdom rush series but iron marines takes it as a point and click strategy game kinda like the space marines and dont know about the hero but i think it plays kinda like the kingdom rush equevalent but kinda different. SHOULD I PLAY IT IF IT COMES TO STEAM? ive want to know if you guys liked about it but im not a type of person who plays games with so many option and button things since its so complicated but dont know yet what the other things do at the bottom or just show how many towers they built.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 am

canlupus wrote:https://t.co/HYkI63x9RS
New video from twitter.

(At 1:43)
A wild Zenyatta appears!
Anyways, I really love the design of this level. The art style also looks gorgeous. I'm excited, though I'm not the biggest gamer, so I may not play the game as soon as it comes out.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane