Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

by SJBlood » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:04 am

Sorry for creating a topic for this but I can't seem to be able to add any picture as my avatar, I keep getting this message:

"The submitted avatar is 0 pixels wide and 0 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 120 pixels wide and 120 pixels high."

Any idea what I could do about it?
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

Re: Avatar image help

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 am

Is it the right file format?

by SJBlood » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm

I did think about that but I'm not sure. I tried .jpg and .png.
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Is it a file you've made or one you've saved from online? I've just tried jpg and png that I made quick on photoshop and they worked fine. Too fine in fact, because I forgot to resave my avatar and now I have to go hunting through my folders for it again (doh)

by AvesRexer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:54 am

We've had a number of complaints about avatars, and I thought it requires its own thread. We are trying to figure out what the problem is, but do not have enough information.

We were having avatar difficulties before the switch, and to be honest, we assumed it was a vBulletin issue that would cure itself when we switched to Xenforo. That does not seem to be the case. Too many people are still reporting too many issues - but at the same time, some members including myself have managed to successfully change their avatars. So let's exchange some information about what worked and what did not.

When you try to change your avatar, it suggests that you use an image that is "at least 200 x 200 pixels". That did not work no matter how many times I tried. What i did instead was upload an avatar that was a maximum of 200 x 200 - 200 x 180, to be exact. And that worked.

I think this may be the problem, or at least part of it. I know others have successfully changed their avatars over the last 24 hours; sorry to ask this, but can you share what did and did not work for you? We need to try to find what is and is not working about this feature, because it clearly is not working the way it is supposed to, and does not seem to be adhering to any rhyme or reason.

Thanks

pink floyd, because I believe he successfully changed his avatar yesterday...

User