Clicking...

For the King!

Clicking...

by jcezarc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 pm

The game is awesome!

But, I just think it is boring have to keep clicking on some items...
(...to unfreeze, to free from spell, to kill a sheep)
User

Re: Clicking...

by Quest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 am

hmm i thought the clicking gave players an added level of difficulty for the bosses. it was a good touch. definately something different from normal TD games. u have to make a tactical decision to either click on the important towers or continue what u r doing(building/upgrading/spells) during that crucial time.

the sheep... u can leave them alone. your range towers will kill them for u.

the "click" icon confuses me sometimes though lol... i mixed them up for my own mouse pointer and waste some time finding my own mouse pointer lol... they should remove the "click" icon and just keep the blinking click word.... and maybe reduce the amount of clicks needed to free the tower.
User

by benuk01 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am

I've been playing Kingdom Rush on a fairly slow netbook. For most of the levels it runs fine but on the final mission I get a problem when having to click on the towers to free them. Quite often it seems that after I've successfully freed the tower, there seem to be clicks stored that quickly open and close the upgrade menu for the tower, even though I've moved my mouse pointer to the next tower to rapidly click on that as well. The end result is that I free perhaps half as many towers as I should be able to.

Is is possible for the developers to change the coding slightly so that the tower will briefly ignore clicks immediately after it has been freed so that the menu opening and closing doesn't occur? I realise that this issue may not affect every user, particularly if they're playing on a high-spec PC but I don't imagine I'm alone in having experienced this glitch.

Thanks in advance (and thanks for such a great game!)

Ben
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 pm

hmm i only managed to free 3 towers at most lol
i usually free 2. i think the point is to save the most important towers, not all of them. thats what i thought all along... maybe its possible to free all the towers...
User

by Julian » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

I can free 8 =P
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Julian wrote:I can free 8 =P

lol how?!
User

by Vanzen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:51 pm

benuk , did you try lowering quality for that part of the game?
Ironhide Developer

by benuk01 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

I wonder if my slow netbook is actually helping me. With all the different enemies on screen, it may be that it slows the game down so I can get to more of the towers to free them. :lol: I usually manage maybe 5 or 6 before they're locked.
User

by benuk01 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:00 pm

I didn't try lowering the quality, but I'll give that a go to see if this improves things. Thanks
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:46 pm

benuk01 wrote:I wonder if my slow netbook is actually helping me. With all the different enemies on screen, it may be that it slows the game down so I can get to more of the towers to free them. :lol: I usually manage maybe 5 or 6 before they're locked.

lol thats a lot of towers freed... yea i think slow coms actually help. its like playing in bullet time lol. even though the slowness is annoying.
User

by Julian » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Quest wrote:

lol how?!

Click Click Click Click Click
8-)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by razieltnt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 pm

@GuysThatHaveClickingProblem

Maximize quality during that clicky things. Lags will give you more time to click.
(or start another process, just for slow the game)
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Vanzen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 pm

What do you think , should Clicking stay or be replaced with something different for the sequel?
Ironhide Developer

by MaGnUs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 pm

How about it works two ways; like the spells do... either clicking, or hitting a key in your keyboard?
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by benuk01 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi Vanzen,

Used sparingly, I think that clicking should return. Maybe not for all bosses but you got the balance right already so I trust you guys.

I'd be interested to know what other interactions you're thinking of including in the game - would this be something like moving the mouse quickly over a tower to shake off an obstuction, instead of clicking?

I quite like the idea of using clicking or another interaction with the landscape to trigger useful events like a setting a rock slide or avalanche onto passing enemies 8-)

And most importantly, sheep-splatting must return :lol:
User

by L0k1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Julian wrote:
Quest wrote:

lol how?!

8-)

I think is 3 clicks to free a tower not 4.
User

by Julian » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Vanzen wrote:What do you think , should Clicking stay or be replaced with something different for the sequel?

In my opinion, the more clicking the better. I would love to chop down trees by clicking them, for example :D

p.s.
You're right Luis, my bad =)
User

by glitch » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

I just registered to say that the only thing that sucks about this game is clicking. everything else is just perfect. I already finished it twice...
Please give us more levels... I don't want to play the same stuff for 3rd time :) I'm willing to pay for your beautiful work. You deserve it.
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Quest wrote:the sheep... u can leave them alone. your range towers will kill them for u.

I think he means the sheep automatically on the map, the towers don't kill those, you have to click them 8 times.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User