Sea Tower Defense!

For the King!

Sea Tower Defense!

by Eric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:31 am

I was sort of hoping for Pirate theme Naval Combat of some sort. Personally, I love the idea of Pirates and Royal Navy-esk struggles for control of the largest piece of land: the Sea. I would share my crappy art to illustrate, but I have no clue how to attach pictures. But basically, this is how it would work: there would be ships with platforms maybe, or platforms built into the sea itself where you could build towers. All ranged towers would be the same, but Barracks would instead be a Dockyard, or something along those lines. There would be different upgrades for the "Barracks" at that point,
maybe "Reinforced Prow" to allow Ships to stun an enemy once before they were boarded. Oh, did I mention? That's how Soldier combat would happen. Boarding enemy vessels. Other upgrade ideas of mine include:

Cannons
Allows the Soldiers to do ranged damage before Boarding. Cannon in itself could have subupgrades like Grape Shot, to reduce enemy crew, and Bollo Shot, to break an enemy mast and make them slower after combat.

Powder Rifle
Allows Soldiers to do a different kind of ranged combat, all targeting enemy crew. It could also have subupgrades like Powder Pistol, allowing Soldiers to whip out a pistol and do additional damage during a Boarding fight every once and awhile.

Cloth Sail
Would allow ships to catch up to enemies faster. Could have subupgrades as well, like Black Sail, which would "scare" the enemy and make Soldiers have a, as an example, 10% chance of winning a Boarding attack without even fighting.

Captain
Would increase Soldier's fighting by a small percent like, lets say, 2% and would put a tough-as-nails Captain with the Soldiers who would be tougher than the average Joe.

Pirate Mercenaries
Would give you one reinforcements worth of extra Soldiers on board all ships from the Dockyard with the upgrade.

Well, that's all for now. Hope I get some "Swashbuckler" sympathy. I'm so funny.
User

Re: Sea Tower Defense!

by Julian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 am

Although I like the idea of naval combat, it should not be too different from regular combat if implemented, in my opinion. Place towers on small islands or on the shore and only keep the 'barracks = dock'-idea, and I would like it way better ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by DragonKnight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:28 am

hey that was my idea! except for the islands thou
User

by MaGnUs » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:28 am

Love pirates, so I'd love a game like this.
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by Eric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:54 pm

MaGnUs wrote:Love pirates, so I'd love a game like this.

Thank you! At least SOMEONE sees it my way.
User

by Eric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:55 pm

DragonKnight wrote:hey that was my idea! except for the islands thou

Sorry Mr. DragonKnight, but I was here first, and that was one of my first ideas. This is just the first time I turned it into a Topic.
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Sounds greåt, but can they actually put that in KR? Or would they have to reprogram something or add new programing?
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Julian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:24 pm

It is confirmed that the Kingdom Rush expansion won't feature naval combat, as it would be to different from the rest of the game.
Ironhide would love to make a pirate game though, for as far as I know ^^ (which should of course include cookies)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Vanzen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Exactly as Julian said, there won't be any naval combat but we would love to make a pirate game in the future :)
Ironhide Developer

by Eric » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:34 am

Nyaw. well, I tried.
User

by kilele » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 pm

These maps might give you some inspirations for such a game. Click over them for a full view
http://fantasticmaps.wordpress.com/
Also you can find very well described and vivid naval battles in Alexander Kent 's novels. He wrote some about pirates that I haven't read yet.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Vanzen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Those are excellent maps!! I guess i'll buy that map maker tool :)
Ironhide Developer