KR: Vengeance Towers and Heroes

For the King!

Re: KR: Vengeance Towers and Heroes

by BMoneyX1337 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Franzanaz, that was my original lineup and people said it was not correct.
User

by Franzanaz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:59 pm

BMoneyX1337 wrote:Franzanaz, that was my original lineup and people said it was not correct.

It is very similar but you have Goblin Lighting shaman as a ranged tower, I switched that with the Specter Mausoleum. but even if this is correct there is still one mistake, or we are still way off.
User

by orophin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 pm

May be some towers can't be classified in the 4 basic towers types. The shaman may be a magical artillery and the treant may slow down the ennemies with roots or something.

Concerning the heroes, which one would you like to see in the next trailer ? (They will probably tease another hero and another tower)

I would like to see the goblin bomb guy or the orc/goblin necromancer !
User

by SHlSEID0 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:42 am

Is there a giant or ultimate tower type?

Are there actually 5 types of towers with 3/4 choices for each type (2 basic +1/2 premium)?
Last edited by SHlSEID0 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:49 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
BMoneyX1337 wrote:These are my new guesses, please correct me if wrong:

Three things wrong. Cant tell you what.

How about now? I think I might have gotten it this time 8-)

Melee
1. Orc Warriors
2. Dark Knights
3. Twilight Elves
4. Zombie Graveyard

Ranged
1. Goblirangs
2. Shadow Archers
3. Skeleton Boneyard
4. Goblin Lightning Shaman

Magic
1. Infernal Mage
2. Specters Mausoleum
3. Dark Crystal Sorcerers
4. Black Hags

Artillery
1. Goblin Rocket Riders
2. Groundshaker
3. Goblin Zeppelin
4. Tainted Treant
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Franzanaz wrote:
BMoneyX1337 wrote:Franzanaz, that was my original lineup and people said it was not correct.

It is very similar but you have Goblin Lighting shaman as a ranged tower, I switched that with the Specter Mausoleum. but even if this is correct there is still one mistake, or we are still way off.

I didn't say the mistake was only with the towers, you had heroes listed too. But since you're ignoring those, then it was only two mistakes.

orophin wrote:May be some towers can't be classified in the 4 basic towers types. The shaman may be a magical artillery and the treant may slow down the ennemies with roots or something.

Concerning the heroes, which one would you like to see in the next trailer ? (They will probably tease another hero and another tower)

I would like to see the goblin bomb guy or the orc/goblin necromancer !

Warmer

SHlSEID0 wrote:Is there a giant or ultimate tower type?

Are there actually 5 types of towers with 3/4 choices for each type (2 basic +1/2 premium)?

Colder
Yes it's me

by orophin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Interesting ! But in the case towers can't be classified in strict catogories, I wonder how upgrades (with stars) can work. May be some of them are just in two categories at the same time (Shaman may be cosidered like artillery and mage) and will be affected by both upgrades.

SHlSEID0, I think would could choose any 5 towers between the 16 (4368 combinations of towers ...). So if you want to use the 4 barracks in the same game, it's possible.

To beta testers, what do you think of the goblin bomb hero (without spoil) ? I like him, he seems to be a "physical" Nivus : focus on make huge damage but with explosives instead of magic. The big rocket in this back, make me think he is abble to move really fast (a bit like the telportation of Magnus, Nivus ...) or that his hero spell is a kamikaze attack ! Pretty cool !

I am also really curious concerning the mecha hero. To me, it looks like more a WW1 tank than a walking mecha. Wait and see...
User

by SHlSEID0 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 am

Yes oro the categories could have been dropped long ago. Lines were blurred already in KR1 when Tesla appeared. The cats stayed only because of the KR system: tap a placeholder and you get 4 options. With sub-options that you may never use. Like musketeers.

Imagine now we may have: tap a placeholder and we get 5 options of base towers. 16 base towers total.

As for heroes, I wish we can't max all skills on a hero. Same for upgrades. Players will have more things to discuss and debate based on their individual hero and upgrade configurations.
User

by collapsinghrung » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 am

the categories could have been dropped long ago. Lines were blurred already in KR1 when Tesla appeared.

The categories have never blurred.

Barracks put soldiers in the path to block enemies.

Archers do single-target physical damage.

Mages do single-target magical damage.

Artillery does multi-target physical damage.

We've been assuming the haunted forest is an artillery tower because the screenshot shows two different levels of tower affecting the entire circle around themselves. But we also know, from video teasers, that the DWAARP is an artillery that hits everything in range. It's a little weird to have two artillery towers with the same gimmick ("hits everything in range").
User

by SHlSEID0 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 am

What I see is that the towers are doing either or both of these 2 major tasks: damage dealing and delaying of enemies. If we can have full description of tower capabilities, the 4-type categorisation becomes archaic. Say, you build Necromancer because you had something else in mind other than magic. There are people who like Archmage because they were thinking 'artillery' or 'delay'.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:57 pm

SHlSEID0 wrote:If we can have full description of tower capabilities, the 4-type categorisation becomes archaic.

Obviously giving you a full description of their capabilities would be too much of a spoiler, but I can give you a basic overview of what each towers primary capability is.

In no particular order:
Spawns units
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Spawns units
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Spawns units
Deals damage
Spawns units

*cackle* :twisted: :yey: *vanishes in a puff of troll smoke*
Yes it's me

by Franzanaz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm trying a totally different approach

maybe it goes by the characters not by the class.

So it goes like this

Goblins
-Rocket Riders
-Air Bombers
-Goblirangs

Orcs
-Lighting Shaman
-Orc Soldiers

Spooky (All the monsters)
-Zombies
-Black Hag
-Specters Mausoleum
- Tainted Treants
- Skeleton Boneyard

Classic Dudes
-Shadow Archers
-Dark Knights

But there are other towers that are new that do not fit this so may they have their own category
-Infernal Mages
-Twilight Elves
-Ground-shakers
-Dark Crystal Sorcerers

This is probably way off and it still does not answer how star upgrades will work. but oh well.
User

by collapsinghrung » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 pm

If you're answering questions:

Past games haven't given special abilities to towers until the towers have reached level 4 (where they get a specialization).

KRV towers have their specialization from level 1. Can low-level towers have special abilities, or are those still restricted to level 4 towers?

:p
User

by orophin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 pm

I think special abilities (those you pay for) will be only for level 4 towers.

Perhaps some towers will have basic (free) abilities that make difference between low level tower of a same kind.

Did you notice that you can't see the zombie graveward in trailer or screenshot ?

I think it will be more focus on crowd control with maybe 4 or even 5 zombies ! Maybe it will be like the krf necromancer ?

Dark knight seem focus on tanking powerful ennemies, elves on dealing damage and orc seems to be a comprimised between tanking, damage and crowd control.
User

by collapsinghrung » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Perhaps some towers will have basic (free) abilities that make difference between low level tower of a same kind.

That much is already confirmed; low-level twilight elves have a ranged attack and low-level dark knights don't seem to.
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
SHlSEID0 wrote:If we can have full description of tower capabilities, the 4-type categorisation becomes archaic.

Obviously giving you a full description of their capabilities would be too much of a spoiler, but I can give you a basic overview of what each towers primary capability is.

In no particular order:
Spawns units
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Spawns units
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Deals damage
Spawns units
Deals damage
Spawns units

*cackle* :twisted: :yey: *vanishes in a puff of troll smoke*

So it's more like this?

Spawns Units:
1. Orc Warriors
2. Dark Knights
3. Twilight Elves
4. Zombie Graveyard

Deals Damage:
5. Goblirangs
6. Shadow Archers
7. Skeleton Boneyard
8. Specters Mausoleum
9 Infernal Mage
10. Goblin Lightning Shaman
11. Dark Crystal Sorcerers
12. Black Hags
13. Goblin Rocket Riders
14. Groundshaker
15. Goblin Zeppelin
16. Tainted Treant

Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about this :/ I get that people think it opens the door for greater tower combinations and more freedom for both the developers and the players, but I can't help but feel it simplifies the game and removes of the core elements of it: the rock-paper-scissors nature of the relationship between towers and units. If all towers either simple spawn units, deal damage, or some combo of both, I can''t seem to expect it will do anything besides take away some of the strategy involved behind creating a good build style. There is also the question of how will upgrades work now?
User

by RagingMoo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 am

Categorizing the towers only really matters for when we put stars into the upgrade tree.
Watch out, I’m about to level up, and you look like just the right amount of xp .

:hero:
User

by SHlSEID0 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:41 am

I hope each tower comes with its own upgrades. Like a hero. (Again hoping can't max all; can only overdrive one ability). Pay gems to re-skill. Of course still need to buy the abilities with gold during play.

Downside is you feel like playing with full immobile heroes + 1 mobile hero.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:32 pm

BMoneyX1337 wrote:If all towers either simple spawn units, deal damage, or some combo of both, I can''t seem to expect it will do anything besides take away some of the strategy involved behind creating a good build style.

Sorry, I really didnt expect you to take that seriously.

All towers just deal damage at the most basic level, thats not changed in ny of the games, even barracks towers deal damage. I think you entirely missed the point of my sarcasm. Obviously the towers have variations just like every game previously.

Crossbow Tower and Throwing Axe Towers both ‘deal damage’, butbthey have different damage levels, speed, dps, range and skills. You just dont have that information and you’re basing your entire analysis on ‘does damage’ which is vastly inferior to the facts.
Yes it's me

by collapsinghrung » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:36 pm

All towers just deal damage at the most basic level, thats not changed in ny of the games, even barracks towers deal damage.

This isn't quite right; the barracks towers (and a few other towers) also slow enemies, and slowing is context-dependent -- it can't be easily converted into a fixed amount of damage.

So at the most basic level, you do have to account for two different effects.
User

PreviousNext