Best tower for each of the 4 classes

For the King!

Re: Best tower for each of the 4 classes

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:50 am

Oops, I almost forgot to pick a special tower!

I searched the wiki and have no idea why the Gryphon Rider is considered a tower. It's an environmental addition, just like the magic blossoms and poisonous fruits, right? :|

My favorite would be the Ashbite Tower. While UP in Frontiers, I though Ashbite was still a somewhat cool hero. Here, he really has some usefulness against the spider mobs, and moving him around across nearly all of the map helped me create some awesome chokepoints with reinforcements! ;)
I also really like the Shrine of Regnos, but that's only because it's the saving grace in Rising Tides. It loses lots of points because I don't think it's possible to complete Sunken Citadel without it, unless you're using Gnome Shop stuff.
BBB

by Marethyu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:36 am

:?: You don't need the shrine of regnos to complete Sunken Citadel. Though the iron mode (I think it was iron, ya know the one with multiple shrines) is a different story, and probably does need the shrine of regnos to complete. (Though I haven't actually ever tried without it...so I will :mrgreen: )

(THERE SPELLCHECK YOU CAN HAVE IT YOUR WAY FOR ONCE UGH "red'nose")
(I hate spellcheck...but I love you as well :? )
"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them."
Mitch Hedberg
User

by awesomejoon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:04 am

Archer: either crossbow fort(nobody mentioned this tower, really?) or Rangers hideout. They both have excellent range and DPS, with good crowd control, except that rangers get to do extra damage with poison and weeds. Crossbow makes it up by buffing other towers and barrage, which is very nice

Militia: undoubtedly Paladins. Durable, nice damage input with holy strike, etc. Templars would be just like them if they attacked faster with cheaper costs.

Mage: Sorcerers Mage becuase of its excellent abilities with great passive ability. Have to have them to defeat Cerberus and Lord Blackburn. Necromancer tower too cuz with the brilliance upgrade, you can literally scam them everywhere, but beware of that goddamn bluegale :evil: :evil:

Artillery/Druid: tesla, cuz it is just incredibly powerful, with somewhat DWAARP effect with overcharge. Battle Mecha has good dps with decent abilities, though I don't find waste disposal too useful.

Special: renegade post and Beresad all the way!
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User

by shadownight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:06 am

archer: Rangers hideout must love poison for killing demons

Barack : Paladin is totaly my favorite the high armor and they can heal themselves very cool

mages : necro for summoning skeletons

bombard : tesla

special tower : ashbite tower

User

by Juice Box » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:21 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:I also really like the Shrine of Regnos, but that's only because it's the saving grace in Rising Tides. It loses lots of points because I don't think it's possible to complete Sunken Citadel without it, unless you're using Gnome Shop stuff.

Err, actually, I did. On Veteran. Without Gnome Shop.

You just have to look for the right combinations, and look at all the little tidbits about enemies that you can exploit. I can talk to you all about them, if you want. :b
User

by Saurian » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:51 pm

^^ that was possible. I did that 3★ too.

That mutant Squidward almost escaped.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User

by blu3 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:43 am

Archers: Crossbow Fort (just an extremely solid tower)
Mage: magus tower (best voice acting in all three games)
Artillery: mechas (two words. wasp missiles)
Barracks: forest keepers (what do you need blockage for when their spears eliminate the enemies before they even come to contact)
Special: the pirate tower from the rising tides campaign (fast shooting plus 2 powerful bomb droppers?)
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by Juice Box » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:05 am

blu3 wrote:Barracks: forest keepers (what do you need blockage for when their spears eliminate the enemies before they even come to contact)

^^Obviously don't use barracks very well.
User

by razieltnt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Barracks: Barbarians. They dish out heavy damage quickly and literally chop through unarmored enemies. Also, they throw axes DURING fighting. Compared to these wardens from KRO... hmmm... axes chop wood, that is all. And elves.

Artillery: Two Words. Big Bertha. DWAARP is next to it (ONLY when placed in a proper way)

Mage: High Elven Mage. Five targets at the time does the magic. Arcane mage from KR1 is close to him, because of 100% oneshot used in conjunction with teleport abillity. Dat big guy will simply wait for my avada kedavra recharge.

Archer: Musketeers. Whole map coverage with their instantkill, and a very, very potent AoE. There's a tie between Arcane Archers and Golden Longbows.

Special Tower: SCUMM BAR! AYE AYE CAP'N, GET ME GROG ON BOARD. And any dwarven special tower from KRF.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Mittens » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:17 pm

Archer: crossbow- fast damage, barrage, extends other towers range

Barracks: barbarian- due to hitting flying enemies

Artillery: tesla- constant ad to kill off weaker mobs, plus 5 target chain lightning flying and ground

Mage: necro- skellys
User

by mahometo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Barracks: Holy Order - Paladins are insanely durable, which is what I want from my barracks if I'm not using a combination of barracks types. Holy Strike is a nice added bonus for when the going gets tough.

Archer: Rangers Hideout - Wrath of the Forest + Poison is great for thinning out and weakening hordes of enemies before they reach a choke point. Poison alone makes it effective even in choke points, giving it the best combination of versatility and effectiveness of any archer tower, imo.

Mage: Wild Magus - Had it existed in KRF, it could have effectively silenced Blacksurges(I'm looking at you Totem of Spirits), which is all it needs to earn my pick. Add to that the instant kill and good crowd control, and you've got a top tier mage tower.

Artillery: Tesla x104 - Most of my favourite defenses in KR start with a barracks and a Tesla, due to the Tesla's amazing crowd control, ability to decimate early waves of flying enemies with minimal support and affordable price. It's just an incredibly useful tower that can work well on almost any level in the entire series.

Special: Mercenary Camp - Genies = Reasonable stalling power and 3 instant kill powers for 450 Gold; 'nuff said.
User

by woktokbok » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:11 am

Archer: Axethrowers, complete hands down. I believe that this is THE best support tower in all the Kingdom rush games, as its totems completely change the tide of the rounds at times. An entire %40 damage increase to all enemies in one, and all magical abilities being ceased in the other totem. With masses of teleporting enemies and enemies simply walking past your troops because they are invisible, the second totem completely drives all that BS to a halt.

Mage: Necromancer for its overwhelming support in skeletons, and further upgrades helping even more in stopping major waves on enemies all by itself. Wild Magus in second place to overall effectiveness.

Artillery: Battle mech, good for area attack and can be placed all around the map in later rounds due to their rockets having unlimited range; supporting almost all areas during fights.

Soldiers: Barbarians. Good all around, and really helpful for attacking air troops with their throwing axes. I dont really use soldiers for much other than stopping enemies.
User

by Odiewodie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Archer: Probably the toughest choice because the archer towers are so well balanced across the three games but I'd have to give the edge to Rangers Hideout. Extremely cost efficient and viable across all stages for all maps. Unlike Golden Longbows, you can rush Rangers Hideout on most maps and do just fine. It's special abilities are devastating at clearing out mid-tier creeps and poison arrow can be used to effectively change it's targeting pattern allowing it to snipe necromancers instead of targeting skeletons and also can spread damage across armored units. Combining this with a tesla will clear small-mid tier creeps allowing the arcane wizard to focus almost exclusively on tougher enemies and reducing it's worst aspect, overkill dps. I'm surprised only one person has mentioned axethrowers though. While spirit totem can be finicky, totem of weakness is arguably the best archer ability in the game next to maybe crimson sentence. The 40% dps increase is massive next to other towers. Using axethrowers completely changed my play style in frontiers.

Wizard: It took me a little while to realize this, but archmage without a doubt. Archmage with fully upgraded critical mass is too much dps to compete with and it's also a reliable aoe removing the need for wasting early money on expensive artillery towers that frankly aren't that great until fully upgraded. Twister is also a decent ability, especially if your archmage is at the end of the map. I'm glad high-elven mages are getting some love although their targeting pattern makes them somewhat of an oddity since they typically spread out dps. They are almost more of a support tower despite doing massive dps, Timelapse is also fantastic at thinning out crowds and handling golems as long as you have other towers available to focus down enemies, otherwise you're just delaying the inevitable. I love em but I almost always prioritize wild magus.

Melee: Paladin does the job best, stay alive and tank enemies. They are absolutely necessary for veteran fungal forest since they can heal the poison dps. I do love my forest keeper/bear combo and assassins may be the only melee unit I'd rush to steal gold early and their dodge makes them surprisingly tanky. Personally Melee towers are the least of my concern. I almost always just double stack tier 1 towers at a choke point and allow their re-spawn rate to determine their ability to tangle up enemies while saving their cheap upgrades for an emergency instant respawn. I've 3 starred every level on veteran except for pandemonium and one or two origins challenge levels using these strategies. I don't know if anyone else plays it like me but I rarely focus on upgrading melee towers till the end, although origins challenged my strategy a bit more since keepers/bears or keeper/bladesinger is deadly.

Artillery: Tesla, easily. Literally no contest, it's the best tower in all three games. Archdruids solid especially if you can manage to combine hunters mark with sylvan curse. I feel like Weirdwood with upgraded abilities at a high density area is highly underrated. Wasp missiles are great as well but both artillery towers in frontiers are a bit underwhelming to me given the OP of KR1 Tesla's and the fact that critical mass is a serviceable AOE

Special: Dark Forge, simply because you almost have to give it an early lightning strike to survive Bonesburg. It's one of the few special towers that's necessary to utilize. Upgraded Dwarven Bastion is also ridiculous. Other than that dragons nest is basically a second hero and the genies from mercenary camp are devastating with a little micro.
User

Previous