A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
And it worked, didn't it? Why stop there? Why not go further? There could be elves from the east that resemble Mongol horsemen, or sky elves that live in clouds and use wind to attack from above. Elves aren't intrinsically a better choice than anything else, but people are discounting them because "it's been done before."


I got the impression that they were being discounted because the entire game is about elves, so why have another elf? That and before Origns came out, there was comstant "we need elves" posts. You got elves and now you want more? There could be ongol horsemen or wind weilding beings. Why do they hae to be elves?

Origins is a prequel, and takes place several decades earlier than KR and KRF. The technology of the Saurians made sense, because increased technology could be seen throughout KRF. Even in KR, artillery and tesla coils had already been invented, and in the sequel, it was taken further. DWAARPS, Mechas, and Dark Forges all are highly advanced technology. Saurians made sense as a high-tech race. Meanwhile in Origins, there isn't even any gunpowder, and each enemy group is equal to or worse than the elves in terms of technology and innovation.


Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

And there is both gunpowder, and evidence of a robot in the current beta.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:33 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:And there is both [REDACTED], and evidence of [REDACTED] in the current beta.

This was all a ruse in order to induce you to reveal your secrets, and it has worked! I will use this knowledge well. :ugeek:

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I got the impression that they were being discounted because the entire game is about elves, so why have another elf? That and before Origns came out, there were constant "we need elves" posts. You got elves and now you want more? There could be Mongol horsemen or wind wielding beings. Why do they have to be elves?


In KR and KRF, there wasn't anyone saying "We already have a game about humans, why do we need more human heroes?" What changed?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Image
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by awesomejoon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:41 am

Too much elves. Elven theme, elven heroes, omg
Image
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 am
Location: Unknown

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:44 am

awesomejoon wrote:Too much elves. Elven theme, elven heroes, omg

But you have no problem with KR and KRF? Human theme, human heores, omg.
The forums are pretty racist. Elves are people too.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Finwer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:44 am

YEAH! I'M WITH ZONORO! SAY NO TO RACISM! SAY YES TO EQUALITY!
Also I may add that the elves from the Linirea continent and the ones from the elves' continent are all sylvan elves.I mean we have the "Sylvan Woods" and the ability "Sylvan Curse"
P.S.
It is just me or Razor spoiled an upcoming hero's race just to win an argument? :?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
Image
Image
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am
Location: Silveroak Forest

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by awesomejoon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:55 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
awesomejoon wrote:Too much elves. Elven theme, elven heroes, omg

But you have no problem with KR and KRF? Human theme, human heores, omg.
The forums are pretty racist. Elves are people too.

Lol, im just saying that.....you know what, i dont know how to put this cuz itll end me up in awkward situation (and dont kill me for saying this) elves are boring. They are just a pointy eared human with pretty face that can shoot very well :oops: :oops:
Image
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 am
Location: Unknown

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by awesomejoon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:56 am

Finwer wrote:YEAH! I'M WITH ZONORO! SAY NO TO RACISM! SAY YES TO EQUALITY!
Also I may add that the elves from the Linirea continent and the ones from the elves' continent are all sylvan elves.I mean we have the "Sylvan Woods" and the ability "Sylvan Curse"
P.S.
It is just me or Razor spoiled an upcoming hero's race just to win an argument? :?

Sylvan just means "consisting of woods; wooded"
Image
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 am
Location: Unknown

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:14 am

awesomejoon wrote:Lol, im just saying that.....you know what, i dont know how to put this cuz itll end me up in awkward situation (and dont kill me for saying this) elves are boring. They are just a pointy eared human with pretty face that can shoot very well :oops: :oops:

First, not all elves shoot well. That's a stereotype. Most Sylvan elves shoot well.

Sylvan elf and wood elf are the same thing. It's just what they're called.

If elves are boring, then humans are just as boring.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:56 am

What about a creature hero? Have we forsaken that possibility?
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Finwer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:03 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:What about a creature hero? Have we forsaken that possibility?

I'm not saying that the new hero needs to be an elf and that's it. It can be a human,god,monkey or whatever,as long as elves fair chances to be the new hero's race as well.
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
Image
Image
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am
Location: Silveroak Forest

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:10 am

Finwer wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:What about a creature hero? Have we forsaken that possibility?

I'm not saying that the new hero needs to be an elf and that's it. It can be a human,god,monkey or whatever,as long as elves fair chances to be the new hero's race as well.

Yeah, that's all I want. A fair chance for elves.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:20 am

awesomejoon wrote:Too much elves. Elven theme, elven heroes, omg


"Too many Elves?"

There are three heroes in all of KR that are Elves. Yet there are fifteen heroes who are Humans.

KR:O is the Elven-themed game, yet the number of Human heroes in it is equal to the number of Elven heroes in it.

Like Finwer said, the main reason I want another Elven hero before a creature hero or another human hero is because the Elves, being the main characters of KR:O, should be prioritized first. I don't want most of the heroes in KR:O to be elves, obviously, but seeing the current hero room, there really, really should be more.

Also, you're generalizing the Elves, like everyone else. If the new hero is an elf, then he/she shouldn't be another Eridan. Like Zonoro said, he/she could be a sky-themed warrior or a barbarian, and it would all be cool so long as he was done right.

Point is, you're thinking of the elves in a wrong way.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Draconian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:25 am

There are three heroes in all of KR that are Elves


Aren't we forgetting Reg'son?
Image
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:44 pm
Location: Serving my master at the Dragon Throne

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:39 am

Draconian wrote:
There are three heroes in all of KR that are Elves


Aren't we forgetting Reg'son?


Nah, he's a Twilight Elf. Pretty different.

It's like with Elora. She's technically human, but, you know, she works different and stuff, so we can't consider her as one.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Chimto » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:01 am

wailwail wrote:A werewolven lich?!

This word doesn't exist. The adjective for werewolf is lycanthropic.
Finwer wrote:It is just me or Razor spoiled an upcoming hero's race just to win an argument? :?

You shall see...
Zonoro13 wrote:
awesomejoon wrote:Too much elves. Elven theme, elven heroes, omg

But you have no problem with KR and KRF? Human theme, human heores, omg.
The forums are pretty racist. Elves are people too.

Most writers are human, so most fictional characters are H. sapiens instead of T. rex, C. carcharias, A. dux and the likes.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Lair; Carnival; Well; Not; Nadir; Chapel; Mountain

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:12 am

Juice Box wrote:
awesomejoon wrote:Too much elves. Elven theme, elven heroes, omg


"Too many Elves?"

There are three heroes in all of KR that are Elves. Yet there are fifteen heroes who are Humans.

KR:O is the Elven-themed game, yet the number of Human heroes in it is equal to the number of Elven heroes in it.

Like Finwer said, the main reason I want another Elven hero before a creature hero or another human hero is because the Elves, being the main characters of KR:O, should be prioritized first. I don't want most of the heroes in KR:O to be elves, obviously, but seeing the current hero room, there really, really should be more.

Also, you're generalizing the Elves, like everyone else. If the new hero is an elf, then he/she shouldn't be another Eridan. Like Zonoro said, he/she could be a sky-themed warrior or a barbarian, and it would all be cool so long as he was done right.

Point is, you're thinking of the elves in a wrong way.


Elves need a chance, but prioritized above all else? Give some other things a chance, too! Elves with unique powers would be cool, but they are still close to humans, and would be bound by similar things that people would be. Creatures can do whatever they want, and I think they should be at the same level of priority as Elves. We may need more Elven heroes, but this is an opportunity that we shouldn't waste to meet just that meager goal.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by MalikHammerfury » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am

I am for equality but I find elves little bit boring still we have not much of them , So if everybody are against racisim why anybody speaks about gnomes or dwarfs ?
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 am
Location: Hammerhold

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

MalikHammerfury wrote:I am for equality but I find elves little bit boring still we have not much of them , So if everybody are against racisim why anybody speaks about gnomes or dwarfs ?


Yeah why does no one speak of the Dwarves (I mean Dwarves are better than Elves)
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by FoxDP011 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:27 am

Mr_Lamington_Wolf wrote:
MalikHammerfury wrote:I am for equality but I find elves little bit boring still we have not much of them , So if everybody are against racisim why anybody speaks about gnomes or dwarfs ?


Yeah why does no one speak of the Dwarves (I mean Dwarves are better than Elves)

Yup
Sir,that's not your cheeseburger >:/
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:54 pm
Location: Romania

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests