I better way to get forum activity

Anything and everything.

I better way to get forum activity

by Icryfoul » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:06 pm

I propose a Forum Currency system that goes hands in hand with future Ironhide games. For example if i posted a topic thats 10 gold coins to be used in the forum shop. The forum shop could hold items for kingdom rush or for forum content like Badges. Badges can be brought at the forum store to show the forum community who you are.

The amount of gold you receive should be this format ( You can gain gold only every few minutes from a Post Topic or Post Reply so basically a Cool Down)
Post Topic - 10 gold
Post Reply - 5 gold
First Spam Offense - -25 gold
Second Spam Offense - -50 Gold
Gold/hour - 50
Pages That Reach 5 pages - 25 gold
Pages that Reach 10 pages - 50 gold + .5 gold/reply

I know this might be a nightmare to code or to integrate. This content could separate you guys from the other competitors .

(P.S. This idea was used by a great website and game that died years ago it was called Gamerdiclaimer, Murloc Stranglethorn Fever.)

If you like the Idea, post your thoughts.
User

Re: I better way to get forum activity

by Julian » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Although this would probably benefit me the most of everyone, I hate the idea to be honest.
I prefer only having people on these forums who enjoy Ironhide's games a lot, want to help them out where they can and just like being social with other players. I do not want lots of people to join these forums just because they want to get virtual items or whatsoever :>
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Icryfoul » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Julian wrote:Although this would probably benefit me the most of everyone, I hate the idea to be honest.
I prefer only having people on these forums who enjoy Ironhide's games a lot, want to help them out where they can and just like being social with other players. I do not want lots of people to join these forums just because they want to get virtual items or whatsoever :>

But the Positives are overwhelming; true people will come for the virtual items only because he/she love's the game and wants more out of it.
User

by Vanzen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 pm

The suggestion is great! Sadly it also takes a lot of work, we would need to create a patch for the forum software (phpbb) that could handle that or maybe need to create a whole custom forum just for it. Aside from the development side it would also require many moderators to keep the forums clean, penalize spammers, etc.

If we were a gaming site like ArmorGames or Kong, it could be worthwhile, but i believe our efforts will be better placed in making games. :)
Still maybe in the future we could have some sort of forum game, badges or something.
Ironhide Developer

by Barrotes » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:45 am

To me it sounds like another way to keep spamming and earn something for it. But I'm just a donkey!
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by Epicazeroth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 am

Barrotes wrote:To me it sounds like another way to keep spamming and earn something for it. But I'm just a donkey!

You Lose money for spamming.

That sounds great, but it also sounds complicated, and, as Vanzen said, they probably couldn't do it, or it wouldn't be entirely worth it. Also, a computer can't decide what a spam is, only a human can.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User