Dragonwind

Anything and everything.

Dragonwind

by xstargaming » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:39 pm

On the plains of Alzarim, a dry wind blew. Once, there had been great battles fought here; once, the greatest of heroes and villains had clashed in the pits of Tartarus. The bells of death had rung, the armies of the Light had walked forth, and tales of unmatched renown were born. But no longer. Those heroes have long since gone, their enemies disappearing beside them, leaving many stories unfinished...

Yet, time continues on, memories become legends which eventually fade away into the forgotten realms of the world. Sometimes, those legends return. Sometimes, something dares to stir and reawaken what was thought lost.

The wind turned, flowing over the mountains of Tireth, through a dark and untouched woodland, stopping at a large stone. Carved with runes ancient and unintelligible, none would have bothered to decipher it even if they could reach the sanctum it inhabited. Suddenly, a light sprung up from the central, engraved symbol, burning blue as brightly as noontime in the north. Then an explosion rippled outwards, spreading across the woods, past the mountains and rivers and across the oceans in but a moment's time, illuminating the world in an impossible magic -- and the world was shaped anew.

Welcome. Some of you remember the past world, like myself. Some of you never knew it at all. In any case, it matters not, for there awaits a world ready to be explored and made again by your actions. Who shall you be?

-----

On that once barren wasteland, now a lush field speckled with wildflowers, I sit within the branches of a grand tree which marks the center-point of the meadow, reading a novel of ancient times. Finishing my blueberry scone, I hop down from the treetop and begin to wander back to the nearby village, called Dragonwind by some. On my journey back, I have the oddest sensation that something important is about to happen. Well, then, best to keep alert, for there's no telling what may occur this day.
User

Re: Dragonwind

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 pm

(Free of homework, it's time for me to join in! :yey: )

A cloud of pestilence fills the sky. A potent buzzing envelopes the area, augmenting from unbearable to deafening to beyond that. The cloud gathers at a central point on the grasslands, shrinking in size but magnifying in density until a single form containing infinite darkness is created. Colour flows over the form, revealing the skeletal figure of the Grim Reaper, who holds out his hand as a staff forms out of darkness, morphing into the Scythe of Death.
BBB

by RZRider » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:20 am

What is this? What are you even supposed to do?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:09 pm

I'll join this later today.
I have to do school right
now. :)
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:47 pm

RZRider wrote:What is this? What are you even supposed to do?

Are you familiar with Slaughter Threads? You just create a persona and fight against other people's personas. :)
BBB

by AerisDraco » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:29 am

The more the better!

A light, much brighter than that of a star, flashes in the sky, dimming the sun for a few moments. A blue beam then erupts from this source of light, and where it hits the ground, and a single figure steps out. The figure is clad in purple armor, and has a yellow faceplate. Then, the figure rockets high up, and a sleek Seraph jet rockets from the light and picks up the figure. The jet sits in the bright sky, not moving.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RZRider » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:40 am

I have never done this before, but I guess I shall join in.

A tremor hits the land, rattling the brains of the pathetic humans, like coins in a tin can. Then, water blasts into the plains, taking away villages and anything that stands in its way. Suddenly,all of the dangerous disasters that have happened come to the land, such as plague,volcanic eruptions,tornados, even lightning, but not just any lightning. This is dark matter, the most potent weapon the world has ever known. suddenly all of the chaos stops, to reveal a humanoid figure of images of chaos,disasters even the extinction of the dinosaurs. Another bolt hits to reveal a spear of dark matter and a net of tortured souls.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:59 pm

The man simply referred to by the people
of Dragonwind as "The Ancient" watches
the praying mantis,waiting.He sees it is
finally confident enough to strike,signal-
led by it's antennae twitching,ever so slighty.
Suddenly,it strikes like lightning.But he
strikes faster,snapping the mantis's neck
between his thumb and forefinger."Not
fast enough.",he says to himself."I need some-
thing that can actually challenge my unmatch-
ed might so that I might slay it not with
such contemptuous ease."
Stretching out his mind over the vastness of
the grassland;he mind-speaks,saying,"Where
art thou,warrior?With whom shall I do battle?"

After this,he senses a great evil.He is disturbed by
this.
Last edited by Ninja on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:28 pm

"k," says some mysterious guy with a secret backstory and really cool powers.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by xstargaming » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Walking along the village road, I turn around hearing a strange buzzing, back at the plain I had only recently left. Gazing upon a dark, ominous cloud my prior premonition is confirmed to be true: something was beginning. Suddenly, above my head, there is a burst of light as something streaks across the sky, crashing into the ground a little outside of Dragonwind. Then, far off to the Southern Sea, I sense a terrible power, apparently evil in nature, and a strange amalgamation of natural disasters. Just as I finish considering the potential effects of everything that has just occurred, there comes an echoing telepathic message: "Where art thou, warrior? With whom shall I do battle?" I consider answering, but my mind becomes focused on something else, something reminiscent of the Elder Days: a brief statement of the letter "k" coming from no discernible location.

Dragonwind is in danger. Summoning forth my powers, I cast a great barrier over the town, invisible to the eye and harmless to any who have no ill intentions towards the village. If they do... Well, that's for them to find out. Now, I head off to the bakery to grab another scone.
User

by RZRider » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Brookshika( the figure of disasters ) hears of a important event happening at a place only known as Dragonwind. He decides to head to this distant land to bring chaos and destruction to the land. In my personal tornado I go to dragonwind, at high speeds hoping to be able to battle someone of my skills.When I finally reach that distant land I sense some sort of barrier that protects the land. Technically if I did not meanto attack the village, or at least make the barrier think that. I send a telepathic message to whoever made that barrier saying" battle me,or I shall destroy you pathetic barrier, and take out my power on your town".
Last edited by RZRider on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:34 pm

The detectors aboard Aeris' Seraph detect a strange, force-field like barrier being deployed over the village beneath him. A multitude of drones are deployed, who then report that the barrier deflects and bars anything that might harm the town. As the figure who cast the barrier was in the village, Aeris gathered that he would defend the town, possibly with his life. As allies are beneficial, Aeris piloted the jet to the orbital layer, to the Phasal Transporter. The transporter then brought in the special Paean satellite, which would provide health and vitality to the village and surrounding lands.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:41 pm

The Ancient calls upon Daxis,his mount.
"Come,my pet,we have matters to attend
to in Dragonwind."He mounts Daxis,riding
off towards Dragonwind,slowly at first,but
when he comes to the path leading to Drag-
onwind;he speeds up,sensing a great evil is
about to be unleashed.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Inside the jet, high above Dragonwind, Aeris begins to type a flurry of commands into the console in front of him. Writing begins to appear on the screen.
Lasercom Link activated
Data Transfer initiated
Phasal Transporter online
Orbital Fabricator online
Initiate transfer?

Aeris pushes the red button.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RZRider » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Growing impatient, I start to go through the barrier by turning to wind and search for this person. Suddenly I sense a great evil, growing stronger by the minute. I see a jet along with a person with...is that a scone? Far in the distance I see a a man on a some sort of mount getting closer by the second. I see a figure of bones and darkness... My kind of guy. Are they here for the same purpose? Do they sense the great evil? I shall know soon
Last edited by RZRider on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

by Ninja » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:53 pm

The Ancient reaches the outskirts of Dragonwind,
only to find a swirling mass of chaos standing next
to it,which appears to be mind-speaking to the
creator of a mysterious barrier protecting the town.
He reads the barrier's aura,sensing it only affects
evil & those who would do harm to Dragonwind.With
this knowledge,he and Daxis pass through it unharmed.
"I'll have to ask my old friend what all the fuss is about.",
he says,displaying his strange habit of talking to Daxis
as if he were a friend."But first,I need a bite to eat.How
about a scone for the both of us,Daxis?"Daxis wags his
tail vigorously,signalling his desire for this rare treat.
"Well then,off to the bakery,I suppose."He & Daxis head
off to the bakery,with The Ancient whistling.The inhab-
itants of Dragonwind watch in awe as he passes by."There
he is,The Ancient.",they whisper to one another.The Ancient
silently smiles to himself,proud of the respect he has earned
in days long past.

@RZ
Whoever said Daxis was a horse? ;)
Also,Xstar is already in Dragonwind
& you're evil & chaotic,therefore
blocked from entering Dragonwind by
the magical barrier. ;)
User

by RZRider » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Yes but if I was made of wind I would have no being inside myself and no intentions so therefore I would be able to go through.
User

by Ninja » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:03 pm

RZRider wrote:Yes but if I was made of wind I would have no being inside myself and no intentions so therefore I would be able to go through.

If you had no intentions(in essence,no sentient mind),
you wouldn't be able to do anything. ;)
User

by RZRider » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Whatever.
I have realized that maybe I should be prepared to attack the greater evil and not this small town. Anyway, maybe if it destroys the world, then what will I destroy? With my change of intentions, it let me in. I look for the people I have seen before. Suddenly the evil rises. The battle is about to begin.
Now we just need Xstar to name the great evil that has risen
User

by Ninja » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm

RZRider wrote:Whatever.
I have realized that maybe I should be prepared to attack the greater evil and not this small town. Anyway, maybe if it destroys the world, then what will I destroy? With my change of intentions, it let me in. I look for the people I have seen before. Suddenly the evil rises. The battle is about to begin.
Now we just need Xstar to name the great evil that has risen

I'm pretty sure the great evil was you & BBB. :lol: ;)
User

Next