Iq

Anything and everything.

Re: Iq

by Ninja » Mon May 02, 2016 2:04 am

RZRider wrote:I actually believe somewhat in iq tests. I am pretty sure you have never even took an iq test, Ninja, or you did not understand the process much, because if you did, you would know that I did not take the same test. It was actually a different version of the iq test, but still same idea. And I don't agree with alot you say. I think there is a difference between smart and intelligent. When I hear smart I think knowledgeable. When I hear intelligent, I think of someone you can figure something out, with minimum teaching and think about that thing on a " deeper level". Knowing something, and being intelligent are two completely different things. The iq test gives you patterns and stuff like that which tests your intelligence. For example, this is a very simple intelligence problem, not smart problem.

1,1,2,3,5,8,13,?,?,?.

What are the next 3 numbers

You know, it's kind of random that you're singling me out here when the arguments that you're giving don't refute any of the information stated by me in this thread. ;)

Also, I have taken IQ tests, and I do understand the process, thank you very much. Furthermore, how was I to know that you took a different version of an IQ test? You were at fault there for not mentioning as much, and I was not. And according to a quick google search on the definitions of 'smart' and 'intelligence', you're wrong there too. 'Smart' refers to having or showing a quick-witted or acute intelligence, whilst 'intelligence' is simply the ability to acquire and apply knowledge.

And BTW, if someone says you're coming off as an elitist, then take their word for it and ask them how to fix that. You can't ever accurately judge yourself; and falling into a pit of low self-esteem (i.e.: say that you suck or other similar things) won't help either. ;)
:hero:
User

by Juice Box » Mon May 02, 2016 5:21 am

Ninja wrote:You can't ever accurately judge yourself

Yes, you can lol. You're probably the most capable person of judging yourself, since all things considered you know yourself the most.

Though self-pity is never good--just because you know yourself doesn't mean you should throw shit at yourself, either, and people's opinions on you do matter a ton in life. If you know something's wrong with you then the least you can do is try to fix it.
User

by The_TaTs » Mon May 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Hey kids...

Cool it down.
Remember the simple guidelines?

Attack the idea, not the person. Don't make things personal.

Also, please don't reply to this saying "It wasn't me" or "I didn't take things personally"....

Just take a breath and move on. That's it.

Also... on the subject of intelligence... there are several theories and hypothesis. The mind is still one of the biggest mysteries in science and we learn new things about it every day. I studied psychology in college for 3 years before changing majors to communication, and one of the most interesting things I learnt was the "Theory of Multiple Intelligences".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences

The short version is that intelligence can be different for each person, since each brain has different capabilities. So while some people is very good with logical-mathematical things, others have a great emotional-empathy intelligence, and others have a great visual-spacial capability. Even being really good at sports has to do with intelligence.

IQ tests are interesting, but they can't measure the full capability of a person mind on their own, a full psychological evaluation is needed to assert that.

Cheers.
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon May 02, 2016 2:58 pm

I like that theory. I think every brain is wired differently. Some things correlate, some don't, and in my opinion IQ tests test one of those many things. Whatever.

I personally think I'm quite good at problem solving, which I think is often linked to music and things like that.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Mon May 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Juice Box wrote:

Yes, you can lol. You're probably the most capable person of judging yourself, since all things considered you know yourself the most.

OK, that probably wasn't the best wording. What I meant was that unless one is totally honest with oneself (which I doubt most people are, or want to be, myself included), then one can't provide oneself with an accurate assessment of oneself. Others can much more easily provide you with helpful input pertinent to the matter in question. Of course, I'm not saying that one can't judge oneself, I'm just saying that it's easier if one has feedback from outside oneself also, and that outsider input is generally accurate (given that the outsider is honest, obviously). :)
User

by RZRider » Mon May 02, 2016 7:23 pm

Uh, no Ninja. What makes you think that the outsider is always honest. People always have ulterior motives. So, they may not be completely honest.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Mon May 02, 2016 7:27 pm

RZRider wrote:Uh, no Ninja. What makes you think that the outsider is always honest. People always have ulterior motives. So, they may not be completely honest.

I'm not saying that every outsider is honest, and the assumption that everyone has ulterior motives is also incorrect. I was saying that if you trust the person because they've proven themselves honest, then the input that they provide to you will most likely be accurate and helpful in some way. Don't reply until you fully understand what you're replying to. :roll:
User

by warbot1000 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 am

Juice Box wrote:

Though self-pity is never good--just because you know yourself doesn't mean you should throw shit at yourself, either, and people's opinions on you do matter a ton in life. If you know something's wrong with you then the least you can do is try to fix it.

You are right about knowing yourself the most, or I think you are anyway but I think that lots of people don't judge themselves fairly so its a lot easier if someone else who know you reasonably well judges you. Most people are usually at least slightly biased towards themselves.

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Juice Box » Fri May 06, 2016 1:35 pm

warbot1000 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:

You are right about knowing yourself the most, or I think you are anyway but I think that lots of people don't judge themselves fairly so its a lot easier if someone else who know you reasonably well judges you. Most people are usually at least slightly biased towards themselves.

Yeah, if they were with other people.

Whenever we look at a mirror we see our flaws and our traits and our attributes, and though things like pride and low self-esteem get in the way, it's still no doubt that your personal assessment of yourself is probably going to be the most accurate, for the sole reason that you know yourself the most.

I'm not saying that judging yourself is a reliable way of self-assessment--in reality you need both your and other people's opinions, but you can bet it's certainly going to be a lot more accurate than other people's assessment of you.
User

Previous