Iq

Anything and everything.

Iq

by RZRider » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:53 pm

I have a question? I have an IQ of 135. Is that good. What are your iqs if you know?

Ps I took an actually course, not one online
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: Iq

by AerisDraco » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 pm

I concur with the assessment of my parents, and that it the IQ tests are frivolous. They aren't accurate measures of intelligence.

The last I took one must have been in what, 2nd grade? I think mine was somewhere around 140.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RZRider » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Yeah, they just give you the idea that you can either process complex concepts faster or slower then others.they are obviously not 100% accurate. Nothing is. For example I did the same test three times and I got higher and higher. Who knows, maybe if I do it again I could get higher.
Last edited by RZRider on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Yeah, mine is 140-150 according to most IQ tests, and I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Also, if we really do all have IQs as high as you guys have said (which I don't think is true, because ~150 is Einstein), then this forum is like a gathering place for the suderdupergeniuses of today's world, and I have serious doubts about that. If you want to believe in IQ tests/courses, then be my guest, but I think that the comments just in this thread are proof enough of the faultiness of those means of divining one's intelligence.

@RZRider: Well, even if they were 100% accurate, you could get better each time by learning from your mistakes and not making them again, though that is of course only considering those that didn't already score 100% on them.
:hero:
User

by RZRider » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Einstiens was actually 160-190, according to experts,but never took the test.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:44 pm

I don't like IQ tests. The idea of quantising a personality trait such as intelligence is just stupid, since one's smartness depends on too many factors and there are lots of slightly different variations of people's ideas of what intelligence is. Plus, it might lead to other tests to measure things like kindness, which are equally if not more pointless and impossible than IQs. I really wish schools would apply that logic.
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 pm

RZRider wrote:Einstiens was actually 160-190, according to experts,but never took the test.

Even so, the IQs stated in this thread are just absolutely ridiculous if they're all true. ;)
User

by Juice Box » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:27 am

If you study personality typing, you'll actually realize that people can be divided into two primary groups: the Intuitives, and the Sensors. The Sensors are basically people who take in information through their five senses, while the Intuitives are people who take in information using complex concepts and patterns.

IQ tests actually only measure how deep of an Intuitive a person is. That's why Sensors typically get lower IQ scores on average than Intuitives--it's not that they're dumber, it's that their minds don't function in the way Intuitives do. That's why IQ tests are mostly bullshit: they don't say at all how smart you are. They say if you're an Intuitive personality type, and we all know that your personality type has absolutely no effect on how smart you are.

That's actually not entirely true. This type called the INTJ, an Intuitive, no doubt, has literally been the only type with a direct correlation to heightened intelligence. Sucks that they're part of only 1% of the population.
User

by MalikHammerfury » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:I don't like IQ tests. The idea of quantising a personality trait such as intelligence is just stupid, since one's smartness depends on too many factors and there are lots of slightly different variations of people's ideas of what intelligence is. Plus, it might lead to other tests to measure things like kindness, which are equally if not more pointless and impossible than IQs. I really wish schools would apply that logic.

totally agree with you !
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User

by Sinque Productions » Sun May 01, 2016 5:07 pm

I think average is like 100. But doesn't really say anything, cause yeah the IQ tests are fails.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Ninja » Sun May 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:I think average is like 100. But doesn't really say anything, cause yeah the IQ tests are fails.

Yeah, that is the average.
User

by RZRider » Sun May 01, 2016 5:26 pm

I actually believe somewhat in iq tests. I am pretty sure you have never even took an iq test, Ninja, or you did not understand the process much, because if you did, you would know that I did not take the same test. It was actually a different version of the iq test, but still same idea. And I don't agree with alot you say. I think there is a difference between smart and intelligent. When I hear smart I think knowledgeable. When I hear intelligent, I think of someone you can figure something out, with minimum teaching and think about that thing on a " deeper level". Knowing something, and being intelligent are two completely different things. The iq test gives you patterns and stuff like that which tests your intelligence. For example, this is a very simple intelligence problem, not smart problem.

1,1,2,3,5,8,13,?,?,?.

What are the next 3 numbers
User

by Sinque Productions » Sun May 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Smart and intelligent are the same thing. Knowledge is different.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Yawn. 21, 34, 55. Everyone knows Finbonacci

In fact I must say you're coming across a bit elitist here RZ
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RZRider » Sun May 01, 2016 6:18 pm

No, I do not believe I am better then everyone else. I just believe different then you. I actually believe everyone is better then ME! I suffer from depression and anger management, so yeah, don't go there. I already think I suck, so that statement is completely false.
Last edited by RZRider on Sun May 01, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by RZRider » Sun May 01, 2016 6:24 pm

How about this 1,2,2,4,4,6,8,8,16,?
User

by Sinque Productions » Sun May 01, 2016 6:47 pm

RZRider wrote:How about this 1,2,2,4,4,6,8,8,16,?

21,34,55 is correct.
User

by RZRider » Sun May 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Uh, no it is not. That was for the other one.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Well, not elitist to yourself, but imo getting a score on an iq test isnt some overbearing show of ability. Eh whatever
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Juice Box » Mon May 02, 2016 12:24 am

RZRider wrote:I actually believe somewhat in iq tests. I am pretty sure you have never even took an iq test, Ninja, or you did not understand the process much, because if you did, you would know that I did not take the same test. It was actually a different version of the iq test, but still same idea. And I don't agree with alot you say. I think there is a difference between smart and intelligent. When I hear smart I think knowledgeable. When I hear intelligent, I think of someone you can figure something out, with minimum teaching and think about that thing on a " deeper level". Knowing something, and being intelligent are two completely different things. The iq test gives you patterns and stuff like that which tests your intelligence. For example, this is a very simple intelligence problem, not smart problem.

1,1,2,3,5,8,13,?,?,?.

What are the next 3 numbers

With that logic, though, and taking into account what I said about personality typing above, you're basically saying that people with Intuitive personality types would then be considered above everyone else in terms of intelligence.

Again, though, that just isn't true. Just because someone understands concepts easier than another person doesn't mean that they're more "intelligent."
User

Next