Anything and everything.

IS SPIDERMAN YOUR BAE?

yes
6%
YES PLEASE
No votes
mmmmm-MMM
28%
no and also i am an ugly nublet (which basically means i look like bbb)
50%
YUPS
No votes
TEAM SPIDERMAN FTW
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: TEAM SPIDERMAN [Civil War spoilers]

by The Propellord » Tue May 31, 2016 11:00 am

Juice Box wrote:
Manijure wrote:Watched Civil War last Sunday.

All I have to say: in the Russo brothers we trust. And I personally think Helmut Zemo is one of the best MCU villains, if not THE best.

I thought he was eh. His plan seemed to be way too lucky to be realistic. Spoilers ahead:
[+] SPOILER
1. How lucky is it that his plans coincided at exactly the same time as when the Avengers were at unease with each other?
2. What would he have done in the last part if Stark wasn't there to watch the video?
3. He did all of that in one year? Alone? Plus couldn't he just you know, get over the fact that his family died? Like everyone else?

Iron Man was probably the best character in the movie IMO. At least his reasons for fighting were valid.

I agree with Juicebox. I felt as though Zemo was barely substantial as a Villian and the real let down regarding his character was the reveal that his motivation was centred around his families death in Sokovia. It felt predictable, as though it was just shoe-horned in their to make the plot tie up. There were some great parts to Civil war but Zemo wasn't one of them.

Also I left the Cinema believing that Cap's motivations were ridiculous relative to that of Tony Starks. Why would he fight the army guys to help Bucky escape and why couldn't he just tell Stark about Zemo without having to become a fugitive? Cap's motivations and decisions were just downright stupid.
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by Sinque Productions » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:05 am

Also, that Captain America didn't sign the thingy made little sense. It is clearly shown in the first movie that he wants to save lives not defeat bad guys.

Same with Iron Man, except he's the opposite. I don't think because one lady says someone she knows died he will change his mind. He's f**king Tony Stark! He doesn't give a f**k about anyone but himself (and Pepper Potts).

Finally, that people countries would agree to make the signing thingy happen made even less sense. Can they not understand that the Avengers saved the world and/or a ton of people and every war will have innocents killed!? Those innocents would have died anyway plus a ton more!
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Juice Box » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:31 pm

I can see why they would want to standardize them. Conflict in the two Avengers movies usually happened because of something one of them did (Stark created Ultron, Thor led Loki to Earth). Plus, you have to admit, it doesn't make sense to have a band of superpowered vigilantes act as a private organization. That's a huge threat to national security and brings into question why nobody ever thought of keeping them in check until now.

And I think Stark's reasons were absolutely valid and on-point. A lot of people died and many more could have died because he created Ultron. He always knew that, and the lady in the university was just the nail in the coffin for him. There's blood on his hands and he wants to make sure people are around to keep him in check for that, which is both sensible and valiant and I applaud him all the more for it.

Regarding Cap, I enjoyed how he wasn't that shining goody-two-shoes beacon of hope in the movie. After everything Bucky did, he knew there wouldn't be a way to properly redeem him but he still wanted to try, anyway. He was literally putting everything he was at risk for Bucky, which is still a good reason despite not being as good as Stark's.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:13 pm

I agree with JB about Cap and Tony's intentions, even if I can't fully support what Cap did purely for Bucky, like sure he's your friend but he killed people. At least give stark the dignity of breaking it to him how his parents died. And when he threw away the shield it was like he was throwing away their legacy

Does anyone want to discuss the whole trending boyfriend debacle or is that a clear cut "yae" or "nae"
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Im surprised nobody is picking up on the whole hulk x stark romance. I really love the whole metaphore thing with bruce liking black widow but the hulk, the being he wants to hide from the world wanting stark, I mean come on, if that isnt an observation of the modern gay married man stuck in denial then i dont know what is. I saw the way they looked at each other when stark was smashing hulk in the face in hulk buster!
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by The Kingmaker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Im surprised nobody is picking up on the whole hulk x stark romance. I really love the whole metaphore thing with bruce liking black widow but the hulk, the being he wants to hide from the world wanting stark, I mean come on, if that isnt an observation of the modern gay married man stuck in denial then i dont know what is. I saw the way they looked at each other when stark was smashing hulk in the face in hulk buster!

I...
I...
I never considered that.

What I truly want is not many more unhappy gay romances, at lest for a while. Can't there be a romance between two characters (not people whose one characteristic is homosexuality, those are steretoypes and tropes and should be done away with) where they are both happy and neither die or get AIDS or are persecuted or whatever?
Some waffle you can read if you want that I wanted to delete but got too involved with to have the heart to:
[+] SPOILER
Like sure, relationships aren't perfect but there hasn't really been a truly happy ending to the few gay romances that have crept up in modern media. Heck, even a three-part music video by Troye Sivan about a gay relationship ends with one commiting suicide.
On reflection, what I'm really asking for here is actually a gay fairytale romance, which is why a Gay Disney Princess (or Prince) would work really well. With the support that that community has given to Disney over the years, it's hard to see why there haven't really been any gay characters yet. [David tries not to go into a rage at the white male suits who control everything who think gay characters wouldn't sell tickets]
A few other points -
Cap and Bucky might explain Cap's irrational and impulsive actions leading to the "Civil War" in question here, but it would never happen because of the Suits.
Elsa being gay also presents another issue that a strong, independant woman must be a lesbian.
We just need original, good, gay characters, but that won't really happen with current suits (the most is stereotypes and box-ticking "Ethnicity/Sexuality Bingo" (My dad's term for the one time his workplace was on TV, and they had to make sure they had roughly equal numbers of women and men, and all races possible, in camera frame at all times)

I personally think all the mad shippings between men with strong friendships, and guessing that independant female characters are Lesbian shouldn't be seen as an issue or a solution to an issue in and of itself, it just highlights the sharp and severe need for diversity in Hollywood and positive steps forward in terms of diversity in front and behind the camera.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Previous